• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Pacific 2024 The Run Home

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
So I just noticed that the URC and Super rugby final are on the same day, Super Rugby starts in Feb and URC started in October. Just crazy how Super Rugby falls short of being a meaningful contest with such a short tournament.
17 games v 14 games. Not that much of a difference.

Where they get most of their advantage is not the URC, it's lengthening the season with Challenge Cup

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think the Rebels need to go for the win, resting players and finishing 7th or 8th means tough NZ games. I'd rather play the Brumbies or Chiefs so going for the win is the better option.
Can't play the Chiefs, they're locked into 4th. Aiming for the Brumbies is tricky buisness too, i'd put them at a 30% or 40% chance of coming in 2nd at this stage.

I do generally agree with going all out and not risking a slump from resting, but that travel burden for Fiji is very real. It will probably come down to niggling injuries more then anything, with players carrying them rested as a precaution. Tupou's trip to the judiciary tonight might play a role there too.