• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Pre-Season Trial: Waratahs v Brumbies

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Final score 31 - 26 to Brumbies. Could easily have been a bigger win except for some poor handling near the tryline.

Corey Toole showed a few glimpses of his attacking capabilities and scored a meat pie.

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
Final score 31 - 26 to Brumbies. Could easily have been a bigger win except for some poor handling near the tryline.

Corey Toole showed a few glimpses of his attacking capabilities and scored a meat pie.
Toole looked good also like the look of young 10 gray?

Wallaby Way

Herbert Moran (7)
Debreczini was the difference in my opinion, he controlled the game well including a 50:22 and some nice offloads.

Reimer had a blinder in the second half including 2 tries and a couple of turnovers.

Toole looked dangerous but a little loose in the tackle, much like others converting from 7s.

Tua and Sapsford were pretty disappointing...they need to get their hands on the ball more.

L Lonergan was industrious in the 2nd half, he really controls the ruck well with his footwork, tip passes, pick & go etc.

Thorn looks electric from halfback also.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yeah agree Debreczini probably best on ground and more than a long shot to to higher levels this year. I would still like to see what he can do at 15 too.

Brumbies scrum also finished the game strongly without 6 of their Wallabies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What was the Brumbies team like for the second half? Did they change the whole thing or just a couple of reserves?

Wallaby Way

Herbert Moran (7)
They basically changed the whole team. The commentary team had no idea on the backline other than calling out Murihead a few times.

Ben O'Donnell come off injured after his first touch (incisive but lost the ball in contact) and was replaced by Matias Jensen who ended up playing most of the match.

I don't believe BJ Oates or Henry Palmer were used for the Brumbies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Did anyone who watched get a sense of the tackling? Any cards or are players going low?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
How did the Brumby 12 candidates look?
No-one stood out but Tua had one incisive run through the middle and made good ground. There was a fair bit of kicking by Debreczini but all were tactically sound and mostly gave the Brumbies territory. Probably the best all round kicking game I've seen from an Aussie player in a long time. All backline players were good on defence.