• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Pre-Season Trial: Waratahs v Reds

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
CC812079-CCFB-43DB-B355-AC3AD6699D61.jpeg

scrans21

Chris McKivat (8)
Considering the injuries and the fact that Vunivalu is meant to be on the bench this is the team I'd be selecting:
1. Peni Ravai*
2. Matt Faessler*
3. Zane Nongorr*
4. Seru Uru*
5. Ryan Smith
6. Liam Wright*
7. Fraser McReight
8. Harry Wilson*
9. Tate McDermott*
10. Lawson Creighton*
11. Filipo Daugunu
12. Hunter Paisami*
13. Josh Flook
14. Floyd Aubrey*
15. Jordan Petaia

16. Richie Asiata
17. Sef Fa’agase
18. Phransis Sula-Siaosi
19. Lopeti Faifua
20. Connor Anderson
21. Kalani Thomas
22. Tom Lynagh
23. Isaac Henry
24. Suliasi Vunivalu
25. Dane Zander
26. John Bryant

Great opportunity for Aubrey to get some serious game-time, although unless he's injured I can't think of a reason you wouldn't have Mac Grealy playing. Players with an * next to their name are the ones I would expect to be subbed off at some point. Only player I can't really see getting any game-time is Zander.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
what an awesome weekend of rugby. The Men's game will be a ripper. Big times for the women with their biggest year ever (outside of a RWC) and needing to impress Eddie (QLD undergoing somewhat of a generational change too) and then the 7s with Caslick and a handful of other Aussie players
Qld & NSW Country also included in the program - which I’m loving.

A few of the ladies from our local comp selected in their first country team which is pretty good when they all took up rugby in the last 3 yrs.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Considering the injuries and the fact that Vunivalu is meant to be on the bench this is the team I'd be selecting:
1. Peni Ravai*
2. Matt Faessler*
3. Zane Nongorr*
4. Seru Uru*
5. Ryan Smith
6. Liam Wright*
7. Fraser McReight
8. Harry Wilson*
9. Tate McDermott*
10. Lawson Creighton*
11. Filipo Daugunu
12. Hunter Paisami*
13. Josh Flook
14. Floyd Aubrey*
15. Jordan Petaia

16. Richie Asiata
17. Sef Fa’agase
18. Phransis Sula-Siaosi
19. Lopeti Faifua
20. Connor Anderson
21. Kalani Thomas
22. Tom Lynagh
23. Isaac Henry
24. Suliasi Vunivalu
25. Dane Zander
26. John Bryant

Great opportunity for Aubrey to get some serious game-time, although unless he's injured I can't think of a reason you wouldn't have Mac Grealy playing. Players with an * next to their name are the ones I would expect to be subbed off at some point. Only player I can't really see getting any game-time is Zander.
Why wouldn’t Zander get game time? Whatever people think of him on here he is one of our senior sqaud members. I don’t see why he wouldn’t be getting a run.

scrans21

Chris McKivat (8)
Why wouldn’t Zander get game time? Whatever people think of him on here he is one of our senior sqaud members. I don’t see why he wouldn’t be getting a run.
I think Zander is a good player but he's the odd man out in that squad, unless they plan on playing 3 looseheads. You can have extra backrowers and wingers on an extended bench but a 5th prop doesn't really work imo. No doubt he'll get gametime this year but currently I have him behind Ravai and Fa'agase for the 1 jersey, not to mention Hoopert.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I think Zander is a good player but he's the odd man out in that squad, unless they plan on playing 3 looseheads. You can have extra backrowers and wingers on an extended bench but a 5th prop doesn't really work imo. No doubt he'll get gametime this year but currently I have him behind Ravai and Fa'agase for the 1 jersey, not to mention Hoopert.

I think Fa'agase will largely be playing tighthead this year, not sure they'll see Sula-Siaosi as ready yet. They've been looking at Ravai on both sides as well, but I'm not sure about that one.

scrans21

Chris McKivat (8)
I think Fa'agase will largely be playing tighthead this year, not sure they'll see Sula-Siaosi as ready yet. They've been looking at Ravai on both sides as well, but I'm not sure about that one.
Yeah tighthead is a worry so you might be right about Fa'agase, in which case Zander will play a lot of the season at 17 and I'll be wrong about him being 3rd choice. Either way, just an opinion.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I'm just calculating my local time to watch this:

20230210-094517.jpg

I have to wake up early

Do u know if Reds youtube channel uploads the replays? Or just on live

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
I'm just calculating my local time to watch this:

20230210-094517.jpg

I have to wake up early

Do u know if Reds youtube channel uploads the replays? Or just on live
I'm in a similar situation on the East Coast US Marce.

You will be able to watch a replay on Stan using a VPN. The Reds usually put up the game up on YouTube afterwards. It's usually the same link at the actually stream now I believe. Could be wrong though.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I'm in a similar situation on the East Coast US Marce.

You will be able to watch a replay on Stan using a VPN. The Reds usually put up the game up on YouTube afterwards. It's usually the same link at the actually stream now I believe. Could be wrong though.
I actually pay for ESPN Latin America to watch all Super Rugby games, so it'l doenst make sense for me to pay for Stan as well

Afterwards? So many days after the game?

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
I actually pay for ESPN Latin America to watch all Super Rugby games, so it'l doenst make sense for me to pay for Stan as well

Afterwards? So many days after the game?
I think pretty much immediately or instantaneously. From memory you can rewind the live feed as well so think it pretty much uploads as it streams.