• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby: Rd 2. NSW Waratahs v Crusaders, Sat Mar 2

NSFW vs Cantabs

• I hope they both lose.

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • When Death Stars collide

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • NSW for the massive upset here.

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Cantabs dynasty in tatters.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • TATTERS.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Melbourne? Wut? They blew all the $$ now they're getting handed more?

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Cantabs by 60

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • not watching this *****

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Congrats to Gordon, Edmed, Holloway, Bell, Hanigan, Walton and most of the other guys true team win.
Still not excited by Gleeson who seemed a bit lost out there and avoided most breakdowns and tackled like he didn't want to.

Filipo Daugunu

Peter Burge (5)
The other thing I noticed was Mosese Tuipolotu. After struggling in the trials, he came on late in the second half when Crusaders had all the momentum. Made some seriously important tackles on the line, particularly down Sevu Reece's wing, he was absolutely outstanding in defence. Would love to see more from him this season.

NCT

Herbert Moran (7)
Well done Tahs. Gee Jake Gordon has some speed. I hope that this win gives them some confidence and takes some pressure off the coach. Surprised Hanigan wasn't starting, he was good when he came on.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Great game and great win Tahs.

I’ve made a few smart arse comments re Charlie Gamble on here recently but thought he was excellent tonight - as where most/all of the other forwards. Just harassed the hell ought of the Crusaders. It was good to see.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Was interesting to see the biggest crowd In Melbourne wasn't for a rebels game. Looked double which is good but still less than a local band gets down the road

Mr Arie

Herbert Moran (7)
Congrats to Gordon, Edmed, Holloway, Bell, Hanigan, Walton and most of the other guys true team win.
Still not excited by Gleeson who seemed a bit lost out there and avoided most breakdowns and tackled like he didn't want to.
I had to rewatch the game after this comment and it’s honestly a cop out. Fair enough if you brought up the two dropped balls but to act as if he was lazy or ineffective in tackles/rucks is a cop out. His team just beat last years premiers as the underdogs and all you can do is rag on the bloke. 0 missed tackles, 0 missed rucks and 1 pilfer is far from abysmal.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well didn't catch the aftermatch stuff (bit late over here for us old fellas), but genuinely thought during game, at times Crusaders looked poor, and probably were, but I had impression a lot of that was down to how well the Tahs went, they had the right attitude and ripped into Crusaders who just couldn't repond. I think Tahs fans will and have evry right to feel pretty bloody good today, and as a kiwi I doff my caps and say well done fellas.
Crusaders will look at their inside backs etc as freezing, but also in my opinion the forwards lost collisions to a fired up Tahs' pack.

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
It seemed a completely different Tah team to last week. They showed desperation and commitment and played ball in hand footy without kicking the pill away at every opportunity. A real team effort with things still to work on. Certainly the Crusaders seem to be in a rebuilding phase but you take a win over a powerhouse team like that any way you can get it. Now we hope and pray for consistency and more Tah performances like that.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Porecki can start on the bench. Vailanu was outstanding, I thought. Looked as though he was enjoying himself, too.
Vailanu looked like he loved the fight. Was flying in there and ripping in. Hit his throws as well.

Think the pack deserve a lot of credit. They walked away last week holding their hats and responded. Does say something about DC as well. Holloway played hard and skilled not just hard. Gamble was hitting every ruck and making it hard for a rookie 9, 10. Sinclair was everywhere. Charge down, collecting kicks and pressuring the 9. Then Hanigan came on and ramped up the speed and intensity.

Did the Crusaders underestimate the Tahs? I’d say yes even though it will never be admitted. They had lost halves and shoveled it to Aumua who is an absolute bus but Wilson and Walton just kept getting in front.