• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby RD 9 Rebels v Brumbies

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
This really is a must win for the Rebels now, I don't want to go into the last round having to beat the Tahs away.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
To'omua is available, Magnay starts at 12, Naisarani and Orr return via the bench. You'd imagine that Sordoni & Vaihu drop off the extended bench.
1 Matt Gibbon
2 James Hanson
3 Pone Faamausili (FR)
4 Robert Leota
5 Trevor Hosea
6 Joshua Kemeny
7 Richard Hardwick
8 Michael Wells (VC)
9 Joe Powell
10 Matt To’omua ©
11 Marika Koroibete
12 Campbell Magnay
13 Stacey Ili
14 Frank Lomani
15 Tom Pincus
16. Jordan Uelese
17. Cabous Eloff
18. Cameron Orr
19. Lucio Sordoni
20. Ross Haylett- Petty
21. Isi Naisarani
22. Brad Wilkin
23. James Tuttle
24. Lewis Holland
25. Glen Vaihu

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brumbies ringing in the changes with second place locked in.........

BRUMBIES (1-15): Scott Sio, Folau Fainga'a, Allan Ala'alatoa, Darcy Swain, Cadeyrn Neville, James Tucker, Rory Scott, Rob Valetini, Ryan Lonergan, Noah Lolesio, Tom Wright, Bayley Kuenzle, Len Ikitau, Andy Muirhead, Tom Banks

Reserves: Lachlan Lonergan, James Slipper, Tom Ross, Nick Frost, Will Miller, Nic White, Reesjan Pasitoa, Mack Hansen

INs: Tom Ross, Rory Scott, Reesjan Pasitoa, Will Miller

OUTs: Sefo Kautai, Pete Samu, Irae Simone, Tom Cusack

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thoughts on Scott? One to watch out for or we'll see how he goes?

I'm afraid someone else will need to provide that info....... from what I can gather he's a lightweight 8 who is way too small to play anywhere else in the row but 7.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Does have a passing resemblance to Poey - facial rather than stature. Apparently plays a bit like him too. I just hope he can put some pressure on the ball at the breakdown and maybe pull off a pilfer or two. Something that hasn't been much in the Brumbies repertoire this year, or last.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Hmmm. If consistent selections mean anything, the Rebels should be in this with a good chance of a win. Lots of change to the Brumbies lineup which seems odd to me with a bye coming up.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The final round bye is a real pickle for the Brumbies..........

If they had finished on top they would've gone two weeks without playing.

They've got second place and a home semi final locked in, so it's a good chance to give some of those reserve players some more game time.

Also, it's good to see Tom Ross back as well.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Leora starting in the second row again.

I'm not at all convinced it's his position. I predictWell do well at the breakdown but will struggle to make much of it at the lineouts from the penalties.

I actually don't mind Wessels as a structure coach but his selections leave me scratching my head way too often.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Leora starting in the second row again.

I'm not at all convinced it's his position. I predictWell do well at the breakdown but will struggle to make much of it at the lineouts from the penalties.

I actually don't mind Wessels as a structure coach but his selections leave me scratching my head way too often.

I recall two lineout misses last week in the first half. The first was Wells being lifted and Thrush got in front of him, the 2nd I can't remember and could be down to Leota but his LO work wasn't terrible.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Not sure why the rebels wouldn't go 12 Holland 13 Magnay. Thought with Hodge out they'd want to make sure to have a second playmaking option somewhere in the backline.
Why would you think that when the Rebels have shown they are opposed to play making.