• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 3, 2018 - Sharks vs Waratahs @ Durban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So, with the new striking laws, does it now mean to have the feed is more or less to have a disadvantage?

Seems to me that, all things being even, a scrum will always beat another scrum missing a leg.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So, with the new striking laws, does it now mean to have the feed is more or less to have a disadvantage?

Seems to me that, all things being even, a scrum will always beat another scrum missing a leg.

It definitely means you are under more pressure on your own feed.

That said, even a scrum under significant pressure (like the Tahs) is going to win far more ball on their own feed than the dominant scrum without the feed.

It's just a matter of getting a quick strike and getting the ball out the back quickly before you get driven back too far.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)

Advantage to the attacking team is in the scrum half feeding when they want, not on refs call, and although the feed must be straight, he can align shoulder with his props shoulder. When the hooker strikes though, definite advantage to defending team. It's quite a different dynamic than they've been used to, and SA teams started a week earlier than us, so I'll give it a few weeks to see how they adapt before jumping on the "our front row is crap" bandwagon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.