• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round One: Western Force vs Hurricanes

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Thought I better start a thread for this game, as none of Force supporters are doing the right thing. (You know home supporters should start a thread

Game is on at 12.00 am NZT, 7 pm Perth (I think) 9pm Brisbane, 10pm AEDST. (maybe a record and watch game for me:mad:)
Location HBF Park, Perth

Will be interested to see Canes team named, but regardless C'mon the Canes!!!

Last edited:

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Perth set for a scorching 38 degrees on Friday. Force have been training in hot conditions all preseason. Hopefully they can exploit their conditioning in the second half and start 2024 with a W.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
FORCE team for Friday. Nice!

20240221_110230.jpg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hurricanes: Ruben Love, Josh Moorby, Billy Proctor, Jordie Barrett (co-capt), Kini Naholo, Brett Cameron, Jordi Viljoen, Peter Lakai, Du’Plessis Kirifi, Devan Flanders, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Caleb Delany, Pasilio Tosi, Asafo Aumua (co-capt), Xavier Numea. Reserves: James O’Reilly, Pouri Rakete-Stones, Tyrel Lomax, Justin Sangster, Brayden Iose, Cam Roigard, Riley Higgins, Salesi Rayasi.

There's a bolter for you Vijoen at 9, is really only in squad as injury cover. 20 year old, and I have to say I liked the look of this kid playing for Manawatu last year. Can see him staying in squad and moving into the No 3 halfback spot behind Roigard and Perenara.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
The West reporting Rodda is unlikley to play.

I suspect Faifua will slip in to the starting team, and an additional back like Bayley Kuenzel to the bench, reverting to a traditional 5/3 split bench.

Forecast temp tomorrow 39c will be cooler at game time but still pretty toastie

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
That’s terrible news. Poor bloke can’t catch a break. I hope it’s something minor

Filipo Daugunu

Peter Burge (5)
Tight Five clearly the problem for the Force. Some bad injuries haven't helped but the recruitment crew are headless chooks. All the money in the world from Twiggy, and they havent done any true investment into a world class front rower. The lack of depth and quality is ridiculous. How can you go into a season which such little quality? I mean they are being bullied at scrum-time.