• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby T-T R5: REBELS v CRUSADERS (NOW IN SYDNEY)

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Disappointing result and truth be told we were smashed. But there was some takeaways from the game.
Yep like lot of rebels games some promise but yes the problem of poor starts and really bad inability to manage basic exits. What is it about oz teams that all have this problem?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Please tell me Carter Gordon is staying, 3rd/4th Super Rugby game , 20 years old, against the (arguably) best club team in the world. He looked the part and got our back 3 into game.
He was one of the promising signs for the rebels.

If we can just teach oz sides to manage exits, defend, manage better ball control, and more up tempo and speed at the breakdown we may be ok lol....

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Holy shit does this mean the Crusaders are out? Maybe god, Buddha and Zeus haven't forsaken earth after all.

Technically not quite eliminated yet. They're currently in second place. But the Blues stand deliciously poised to eliminate them with a simple win. No BP or PD shenanigans to worry about.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Please tell me Carter Gordon is staying, 3rd/4th Super Rugby game , 20 years old, against the (arguably) best club team in the world. He looked the part and got our back 3 into game.

Good kid. Needs more experience, put two out on the full and has a tendency to throw intercepts. But much better than when we couldn't score a try at all.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I am filthy he is at the Rebels and I don’t know if his contract is 2022 or 2023 but I want him back. If the Reds don’t make a move on him this year it is fucking ridiculous.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
To be fair to lose by 26 with the amount of players out is way better than I expected. Good to see some of the young blokes stand up. Tonumaipea was very effective off the bench. Think he will have a good year next year

The Crusaders were missing the following players....

David Havili
Codie Taylor
Joe Moody
Tom Christie
Cullen Grace
George Bridge
Jack Goodhue
Andrew Makalio

All those players make their first-choice 23.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
First Super Rugby try for Trevor Hosea and Glen Vaihu and Carter Gordon scored his first Super Rugby points. Plus Super Rugby debuts for Ilikena Vudogo and Young Tonumaipea.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yep like lot of rebels games some promise but yes the problem of poor starts and really bad inability to manage basic exits. What is it about oz teams that all have this problem?
Honestly think the system is letting them down. 80% of players now will go back to club rugby where running it out from your 22 is encouraged and you can be later to the ruck to clean out. Kicks are frowned upon and our 10s look like wizards without the need to tactically drive the team around

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Holy shit does this mean the Crusaders are out? Maybe god, Buddha and Zeus haven't forsaken earth after all.

They are definitely out now and shows how weak NZ rugby really is. Neither of the 2 teams that played in Super Ao final can even make final of TT comp! F*** me we need help!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The Crusaders were missing the following players..

David Havili
Codie Taylor
Joe Moody
Tom Christie
Cullen Grace
George Bridge
Jack Goodhue
Andrew Makalio

All those players make their first-choice 23.

Who cares who they were missing, the 23 they played with today was the Crusader's team for the match:rolleyes:.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Honestly think the system is letting them down. 80% of players now will go back to club rugby where running it out from your 22 is encouraged and you can be later to the ruck to clean out. Kicks are frowned upon and our 10s look like wizards without the need to tactically ldrive the team around
That is really insightful and yet another reason why missing nrc as creates that higher level of thinking missing in the next level to sharpen skills