• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby trial Rebels v Tahs (Sat 3 Feb)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Saturday 3 February – Moorabbin Rugby Club, Melbourne
Kick-off 4:00pm AEDT

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Position Name

1. Loosehead Prop Angus Bell (Sydney University)
2. Hooker David Porecki © (Manly)
3. Tighthead Prop Harry Johnson-Holmes (Sydney University)
4. Left Lock Jed Holloway (Southern Districts)
5. Right Lock Hugh Sinclair (Northern Suburbs)
6. Left Flanker Lachie Swinton (Sydney University)
7. Right Flanker Ned Slack-Smith (Warringah)
8. Number 8 Langi Gleeson (Manly)
9. Scrumhalf Teddy Wilson (Eastern Suburbs)
10. Flyhalf Tane Edmed (Eastwood)
11. Left Wing Triston Reilly (Randwick)
12. Inside Centre Lalakai Foketi (Manly)
13. Outside Centre Izaia Perese (Randwick)
14. Right Wing Vuate Karawalevu (West Harbour)
15. Fullback Joey Walton (Gordon)

Replacements

16. Reserve Theo Fourie (Randwick)
17. Reserve Hayden Thompson-Stringer (Manly)
18. Reserve Daniel Botha (Sydney University)
19. Reserve Miles Amatosero (Eastern Suburbs)
20. Reserve Charlie Gamble Ben Di Staso (both Eastern Suburbs)
21. Reserve Tom Goddard (Eastwood)
22. Reserve Jack Bowen (Eastern Suburbs)
23. Reserve Mosese Tuipulotu (Eastern Suburbs)
25. Reserve Harry Wilson (Eastern Suburbs)
26. Reserve Archie Saunders (Eastern Suburbs)
27. Reserve Matt Komolafe (TBC)
28. Reserve Sam Thomson (Warringah)

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Missing likely round 1 starters are Gordon, Nawaqanitawase, pietsch, Jorgensen.

A lot up for grabs for Tahs 2nd row and bench front row.

Interesting to see Walton at 15 over putting Harry Wilson back there who has played more Fullback.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Rebels Team

Gibbon, Uelese, Talakai, Canham, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Kemeny, Wilkin, Ekuasi,
Tuttle, C Gordon, G. Vaihu, Feliuai, Proctor, Daugunu, Kellaway

Res: Dobbins, Kailea, Tupou, A Smith, Tualima, Maunder, Strachan, Ripley, M Gordon, D. Vaihu, Lancaster, Maiava, Faingaanuku, Leota, Herbert, Jooste

Missing from the main squad is: Mafi, Eloff, Faumasili, Hough, Louwrens, Pincus, Anderson

Herbert (regional Qld schools?) and Faingaanuku (Manawatu, Moana Pasifika, Tonga) seem to be the train ons/academy boys in and around.
GFPJIzbbkAAtomM

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Darby Lancaster? I thought he was with the sevens program.

Played in Perth over the weekend and next up they are in Vancouver at month end when super season starts.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Darby Lancaster? I thought he was with the sevens program.

Played in Perth over the weekend and next up they are in Vancouver at month end when super season starts.
Was only released for the Perth leg. Although Manetti has come out and said he would like more access to some of the Super players who he would like to have competing for spots in the Olympic squad I believe he is at the mercy of the Super teams.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
happy to see very strong teams from both.

if the rebels come out breathing fire I’ll say “oh that was always gonna happen they’ve been galvanised by the past weeks”

if they get flogged I’ll say “yeah no shit they’ve had such a rough couple weeks”

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Does anybody know if this will be streamed? I know the Reds trial match is streaming on stan.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Given that no one is streaming it, can people at the game post scores and analysis as we go please. Its the only way we interstaters will know what's happening.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Such a shame that there is no streaming of the game occurring. The Reds/Force on Stan, Brumbies/Drua on BarTV, Tahs/Rebels nothing.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Such a shame that there is no streaming of the game occurring. The Reds/Force on Stan, Brumbies/Drua on BarTV, Tahs/Rebels nothing.

BarTV do every JID cup match so the telecasts are prob pre set up & they definitely would be at ballymore. Dewar shield games are literally 1 camera streamed on Facebook with a bloke most of the time on the roof of the clubhouse it’s not high level production lol

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
BarTV do every JID cup match so the telecasts are prob pre set up & they definitely would be at ballymore. Dewar shield games are literally 1 camera streamed on Facebook with a bloke most of the time on the roof of the clubhouse it’s not high level production lol
Even a bloke with one camera would be better than nothing. I'd be surprised if they're not filming anyway for later video review.