• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby-TT: Rd 2 Western Force v Highlanders, May 21st, Perth

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I know it was direct to head, but still seems harsh yc when man ducks!
Yep frustrating but I get the principle of protecting the player for what is hard core contact sport but if not ducked would have been red so I guess some upside is player not wiped out for 3 matches for something really hard to mitigate (ie adjusting his tackle when player drops his height at last second)

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Have to say highlanders always in control for this game as really good performance by them but credit to force for playing full 80 minutes and trying to stay in the fight which made it for good game but in reality highlanders just a class above.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Stupid sexy Kahui making a pest of himself again.

Landers 3rd try should have been disallowed. Himeno failed to transfer ball to rear of maul and kept going with another Lander clearly behind him

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I a bit worried as Cane's man, we got Force next week, I kind of hope tonight took a bit out of them, and travel may help us!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I agree RN, they have become a bit of a favourite with me in Aus teams.
Yep they are improving and hit higher ceiling then I expected this season. They won’t make finals in either competition this season but continuing to recruit well they should improve further next season.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Stupid sexy Kahui making a pest of himself again.

Landers 3rd try should have been disallowed. Himeno failed to transfer ball to rear of maul and kept going with another Lander clearly behind him

:p Not sure what you mean there, you don't HAVE to transfer ball back, the only thing you can't really do is slip to back yourself. You can score try with team mates pushing you over!

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Yep frustrating but I get the principle of protecting the player for what is hard core contact sport but if not ducked would have been red so I guess some upside is player not wiped out for 3 matches for something really hard to mitigate (ie adjusting his tackle when player drops his height at last second)
Red ? What ? If he didn't duck it was a tackle bellow chest height.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I can't even with this game. Some of the most bizare stuff. God knows how the force even stayed in the game. Nick berry went 75 minutes in a Highlanders jumper.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Timani have to be in the wallaby mix on this sort of performance

I just can't see it RN. He is as soft as warm butter carrying the ball. He does his job at lineout time, but that's about the end of story as far as I can see. No different to when he was playing here earlier in his career and he wasn't a strong test player then.

Reactions: mst

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
:p Not sure what you mean there, you don't HAVE to transfer ball back, the only thing you can't really do is slip to back yourself. You can score try with team mates pushing you over!

In this case, the player joining swam up the side and finished in front of the ball carrier. Try should not have been awarded. Berry goes from bad to worse.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I just can't see it RN. He is as soft as warm butter carrying the ball. He does his job at lineout time, but that's about the end of story as far as I can see. No different to when he was playing here earlier in his career and he wasn't a strong test player then.
He looks good though. Fills his jersey out nicely. I’m sick of having Simmons, Hockings & Neville types who are all lanky and not imposing. I want some beef cakes.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Tough loss tonight. Gutsy second half but lacking a bit of class, especially on the wings where we need some pace with tackle breaking ability. I think losing the big Moe Thrushy was a blow to the team chemistry and he would of made a pest of himself. Nothing to lose in the final three games on the road. Throw caution to the wind, and just go flat out and see what happens. A big thing noticeable at the ground was how quickly the Highlanders could move the ball by pass across the width of the field. Its an area the Force need to work on....speed of pass and enough width to allow the player to make a move.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
He looks good though. Fills his jersey out nicely. I’m sick of having Simmons, Hockings & Neville types who are all lanky and not imposing. I want some beef cakes.

Take Simmons over him every god damn day of the week.