• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SVNS Series 2023/24

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
No Hooper again. Fascinating. I wonder if Joe Schmidt has been in his ear (I know they’ve spoken) and suggested he’d actually like to pick him.

Australia Women’s Sevens team for Vancouver SVNS:
2. Sharni Smale
3. Faith Nathan
4. Dominique Du Toit
5. Teagan Levi
6. Madison Ashby
7. Charlotte Caslick (c)
8. Kaitlin Shave
9. Tia Hinds
10. Bella Nasser
12. Maddison Levi
13. Heidi Dennis
55. Alysia Lefau-Fakaosilea
65. Sariah Paki

Women’s Pool for Vancouver SVNS

Australia
USA
Fiji
Japan

Australia Men’s Sevens team for Vancouver SVNS:
1. Henry Hutchison
2. Ben Dowling
3. Henry Palmer
4. Dietrich Roache
5. Tim Clements
6. Henry Paterson
7. Josh Turner
9. Matt Gonzalez
10. Nick Malouf (c)
12. Nathan Lawson
14. James Turner
25. Hayden Sargeant
87. Michael Icely

Men’s Pool for Vancouver SVNS
Australia
France
USA
Samoa

Would have thought with Terita out & Levi's suspension they would have parachuted in Wong or Maya Stewart

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Vancouver Pools:

Match schedule:

RC-SVNS-SCHEDULE-1500x8002-1.jpg

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
No Hooper again. Fascinating. I wonder if Joe Schmidt has been in his ear (I know they’ve spoken) and suggested he’d actually like to pick him.

Australia Women’s Sevens team for Vancouver SVNS:
2. Sharni Smale
3. Faith Nathan
4. Dominique Du Toit
5. Teagan Levi
6. Madison Ashby
7. Charlotte Caslick (c)
8. Kaitlin Shave
9. Tia Hinds
10. Bella Nasser
12. Maddison Levi
13. Heidi Dennis
55. Alysia Lefau-Fakaosilea
65. Sariah Paki

Women’s Pool for Vancouver SVNS

Australia
USA
Fiji
Japan

Australia Men’s Sevens team for Vancouver SVNS:
1. Henry Hutchison
2. Ben Dowling
3. Henry Palmer
4. Dietrich Roache
5. Tim Clements
6. Henry Paterson
7. Josh Turner
9. Matt Gonzalez
10. Nick Malouf (c)
12. Nathan Lawson
14. James Turner
25. Hayden Sargeant
87. Michael Icely

Men’s Pool for Vancouver SVNS
Australia
France
USA
Samoa
Tricky pool for the men.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
Girls through to the semis but depth is being tested with the injuries before and during the tournament. Boys having a poor tournament and really need a couple or wins now to secure ninth place and make the best of their disappointing performance.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
Boys to play South Africa for ninth place. I don't recall the last time RSA did not make the quarters.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
Men in a tough pool with NZ, USA and Samoa. Women have Ireland, Japan and then France. Will be interesting to see who is available in the lineups for this weekend.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
Appears Hooper did not make the cut and Longbottom still out for the men. The women have Teagan Levi (after the first match) and Faith Nathan returning but Lefau-Fakaosilea and Bienne Terita still out

Last edited:

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
Anyone else getting really frustrated with the SVNS website? Seems more geared towards hawking tickets than letting people know wtf is actually happening.
Yes. I find I have to click on 'Pick Event' in the top bar and then you can get into fixtures for the relevant tournament. Even then it is clunky having to click between days. Rugby Xplorer is also hit and miss with some tournaments on the system and others not (eg Vancouver was not but LA is)

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
The hsbc SVNS app is ok once you work out how to navigate it.

Hooper must be a very slim chance of making it now, I think he needed to play these tournaments. Having said that, DuPont made a more immediate impact than I was expecting

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
Good start by both men and women. Interesting to see Caslick rested and Teagan Levi back from suspenison for first game tomorrow.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
Great effort so far by the men to get through such a tough pool with three out of three wins

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Haven't been able to watch any but it seems the guys had an amazing pool performance knocking over some big names to go down in the QFs to GB.

Women are into the finals against NZ at 12.40pm. Good stuff.

Anyone can inform who's going well?

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
Henry Hutchison played well and was instrumental in the 7th place play off win over USA with numerous turnovers. The women have all played well with Teagan Levi playing strongly after coming back from suspension. Still missing Lefau-Fakaosilea and Bienne Terita but the replacements have stepped up showing they have good depth.