• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SVNS Series 2023/24

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Last non Rugby comment. This is my first tournament attended and it's amazing the access you have to players. They have a hang out area behind some fences but just wonder around between the main concourse. Feels like a local carnival just with more spectators
I really enjoyed the festival atmospheres at SFS ones I attended, the concourse was at times more lively and entertaining then the stands with fans singing, dancing, roaming bands etc. especially as people sought respite from the sun. good to see it’s carrying on in Perth

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
IMG_4916.jpeg

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Will M. Levi get more than 3 weeks for this red card coming so soon after the her last?
Last one was 6 games reduced to 3 so it seems like a pretty likely. Hard to see her getting away with anything less than 3 at the very least.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
She’s a tall player, she’s played it fine in the past with her high contact but isn’t getting away with it this year.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
So T. Levi back tomorrow for whichever of the Gold or Bronze finals in Perth and M. Levi out for at least the first game in Vancouver, and possibly miss all the pool rounds again. She looked petty distraught at letting her teammates down.

Last edited:

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I found it satisfying seeing Great Britain miss a kick right in front to win in golden point extra time against Samoa… games still playing so they might still win

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Aussie Men are looking a lot stronger against the US then they did in the pool match, biggest difference has been at the breakdown, in the pool match the US were creating trouble at every single one, they haven’t been able to this match.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
Aussie Men are looking a lot stronger against the US then they did in the pool match, biggest difference has been at the breakdown, in the pool match the US were creating trouble at every single one, they haven’t been able to this match.
I thought the Aussie defence was also very good. They strangled the US attack and made very effective one on one tackles.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
So T. Levi back tomorrow for whichever of the Gold or Bronze finals in Perth and M. Levi out for at least the first game in Vancouver, and possibly miss all the pool rounds again. She looked petty distraught at letting her teammates down.
Was sad to see, saw her out the back and all her family were there and in tears, so harsh she did the wrong thing yes but it happens so quickly and no malice

Great day though, brilliant crowd and set up, players mingling with fans etc

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
The suspensions in Sevens seem way more severe when you consider the format of their tournaments. A player could travel halfway around the world (and have family and friends there to watch) and get red carded in the first pool game and not play again for the tournament.

Obviously the responsibility is on the player to not break the rules, but maybe something around a hybrid fine/delayed suspension system could be looked at. Particularly with tackle laws and penalties being reviewed.

wamberal99

Syd Malcolm (24)
The suspensions in Sevens seem way more severe when you consider the format of their tournaments. A player could travel halfway around the world (and have family and friends there to watch) and get red carded in the first pool game and not play again for the tournament.

Obviously the responsibility is on the player to not break the rules, but maybe something around a hybrid fine/delayed suspension system could be looked at. Particularly with tackle laws and penalties being reviewed.
I have mixed feelings about this. Our team seems to have way too many of these incidents. Do the crime, do the time.