• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

ned

Nope , Sydney University just got information of a few Waverley boys there.
Good to hear that Byron Hodge is still at Sydney University, they will certainly develop his talents and strengthen his weaknesses. After seeing him play in the
2nd Colts grand final last year I believe this kid has a huge future and could go on to become the next John Eales.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Pirates Colts are playing trials against Gordon at Concord this Saturday. The Pirates boys had a successful three match tour of New Zealand (for the second successive year) where they inflicted the first defeat on the NZ Rugby Academy for 13 years. Numbers are good, the Pirates 1s will be up there again this year.

At this stage Steve Cummins and Michael Ala'alatoa are planning to play grade.

Constantine

Stan Wickham (3)
Brumby Colts 41 v Randwick Colts 7 at Goulburn yesterday.
The game was warmup for Brumbie Runners v Randwick Firsts which was being held in Goulburn to celebrate openning of impressive new club house.Simon Poidevin officially opened it.

Brumby Colts way too strong with very slick backline and solid forwards but understandable given a nos of Brumby Academy players. No 10 for Brumbies very elusive( scored 2-3? tries) and carved up mid field. No 15 also had a solid game but generally strong backline.Good Brumby line out with 3 or4 won against the throw.

A number of ex -Waverly boys playing with Randwick no 15 Charlie Wakim providing a useful run and step to set up the Greens only try.

B

Bradley

Pirates Colts are playing trials against Gordon at Concord this Saturday.

Did they play? If so, what happened?

Regarding Cummins, perhaps the Waratahs want him to play grade as he has played 2 years (?) now in colts.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Pirates Colts are playing trials against Gordon at Concord this Saturday. The Pirates boys had a successful three match tour of New Zealand (for the second successive year) where they inflicted the first defeat on the NZ Rugby Academy for 13 years. Numbers are good, the Pirates 1s will be up there again this year.

At this stage Steve Cummins and Michael Ala'alatoa are planning to play grade.

Lindommer, is it true that more than 5 players who were Colts eligible at Wests last year were playing Grade? If so, why do so many Wests players go up to Grade early particularly when this might have changed you from a Colts 1 SF team to premiers?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Lindommer, is it true that more than 5 players who were Colts eligible at Wests last year were playing Grade? If so, why do so many Wests players go up to Grade early particularly when this might have changed you from a Colts 1 SF team to premiers?

True, a handful of young 'uns went up and played grade. Why? I don't know, you'd have to ask the coaches there. This year Steve Cummins is planning to play grade although he's only 18 at the moment. Some very good youngsters feel they have to play grade to get a look-in for the Oz under 20 squad. I don't know how true this is.

Although I'm a rusted on Pirates supporter I'm not always across what happens in grade as I'm at the Colts venue every week. Same this year, my bloke'll probably play Colts 1s, which means I won't see much of the Pirates Colts 3s.

MrBump

Bob McCowan (2)
True, a handful of young 'uns went up and played grade. Why? I don't know, you'd have to ask the coaches there. This year Steve Cummins is planning to play grade although he's only 18 at the moment. Some very good youngsters feel they have to play grade to get a look-in for the Oz under 20 squad. I don't know how true this is.

Although I'm a rusted on Pirates supporter I'm not always across what happens in grade as I'm at the Colts venue every week. Same this year, my bloke'll probably play Colts 1s, which means I won't see much of the Pirates Colts 3s.

If you look at previous U-20 WC Squads they usually contained 4 or 5 Super Rugby players. I dont think the selectors are looking at colts matches to find our next batch of 20s WC reps.

Im sure the forum will correct me if I am wrong but all of last years side were playing grade except for some Uni colts.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
From randwick colts 3 guys got picked in the train on U20s squad, with one still in the running. That being said, although eligible none are playing colts this year.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
If you look at previous U-20 WC Squads they usually contained 4 or 5 Super Rugby players. I dont think the selectors are looking at colts matches to find our next batch of 20s WC reps.

Im sure the forum will correct me if I am wrong but all of last years side were playing grade except for some Uni colts.

I understand that those who want to play Aust U20 need to be in Grade. I think Scott Sio achieved this from Wests last year but were the others from Wests genuine U20 prospects?

P

Parra GM

In recent years the Aus U20s side contained players contracted to Super franchises. No player who was playing Colts only made the side. The lead ambitious players down a garden path but in the end, they all get cut.

W

waves

I understand that those who want to play Aust U20 need to be in Grade. I think Scott Sio achieved this from Wests last year but were the others from Wests genuine U20 prospects?

I honestly think Scott Sio was the only genuine chance Scott Ferris is a good player and in the squad this year but he has Kimami Situati infront of him and still is this year plus Cameron Mitchell alot of decent 13's around last year not so many this.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
In recent years the Aus U20s side contained players contracted to Super franchises. No player who was playing Colts only made the side. The lead ambitious players down a garden path but in the end, they all get cut.

Clinton Sills made the 2009 team from Colts

N

NorthernSon

From randwick colts 3 guys got picked in the train on U20s squad, with one still in the running. That being said, although eligible none are playing colts this year.
Hmmm, Im assumming Liam Walker (Colts 2010 & Joeys 2009) is in the mix for U/20s. who are the other two?

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Does anyone know which of the 2010 Aus Schoolboys are playing Colts in Sydney and who for?

Curtis BROWNING BrisbaneState High School
Tom CONNOR The Kings School
Lindsay CROOK The Southport School
Steve CUMMINS The Hills Sports High School
Tom CUSACK MaristCollege Canberra
Tim DONLAN St Ignatius' College
Tim DUCHESNE Knox Grammar
Chris FEAUAI-SAUTIA BrisbaneState High School
Jed GILLESPIE The Kings School
Malietoa HINGANO St Augustine's College
Lewis HOLLAND St Edmund’s College
Jed HOLLOWAY WaverleyCollege
Chris INGATE The Kings School
Boyd KILLINGWORTH The Kings School
Philip KITE St Josephs College Nudgee
Apolosi LATUNIPULU NewingtonCollege
Sioeli-Pulu LUANI NewingtonCollege
Guy MILLAR The Kings School
Gary NEUGEBAUER HaleSchool
Maile NGAUAMO IpswichGrammar School
Walter PETAIA BrisbaneState High School
Sam REISER St Joseph’s Gregory Terrace
Hugh ROACH NewingtonCollege
Dion TAUMATA KeebraPark High School
Michael WELLS St Ignatius College
Ed WYLIE The Kings School

S

sportsfan

Does anyone know which of the 2010 Aus Schoolboys are playing Colts in Sydney and who for?

Curtis BROWNING BrisbaneState - High still at school
Tom CONNOR The Kings School
Lindsay CROOK The Southport School - Gungalin eagles ACT
Steve CUMMINS The Hills Sports High School - West Harbour grade
Tom CUSACK MaristCollege Canberra
Tim DONLAN St Ignatius' College - Warringah Colts
Tim DUCHESNE Knox Grammar -still at school
Chris FEAUAI-SAUTIA BrisbaneState High School- still at school
Jed GILLESPIE The Kings School -Eastwood
Malietoa HINGANO St Augustine's College-
Lewis HOLLAND St Edmund’s College- Queanbeyan Whites
Jed HOLLOWAY WaverleyCollege