• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

staedler

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think you will find that the West Harbour 3rds Colts team that played Randwick on Sunday was not the usual team, made up of many fringe players as alot of the boys had other commitments.
Also, with Penrith, when the Emus play at home they are very competitive, but it is when they play away that the results go against them, most likely because alot of the players are unable to get to or want to go to the other side of Sydney

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
WH v Randwick match didn't rise to any great heights. I wouldn't expect either team to make the GF...

Seeing the Pirates had the crap belted out of them by Manly on Saturday on top of about five changes due to injury, unavailability, etc, it was a most meritorious victory against Randwick on Sunday. The irony about Sunday's results was the two Randwick teams who had a rest on Saturday, Is and IIs, both lost! But the competition-leading Pirates IIIs came a gutser against a better Wicks side on the day.

From what I've seen this year Uni and Manly look the most likely to make the GF with the other four all capable of giving a bit of cheek at times.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
The only WH guy I talked to was someone on a walkie talkie cruising around during 1sts. That wasn't you was it?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The only WH guy I talked to was someone on a walkie talkie cruising around during 1sts. That wasn't you was it?

Walkie talkie, what's that? I'm so old-fashioned I carry a cage of pigeons around with me for communications purposes.

Nah, wasn't me. I watched the match from Slaggy Miller Pavilion.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
I was the guy sitting up behind you then. The one dealing with 3 kids aged between 8 and 9. I moved several times to chase the Sun as I stupidly decided to wear shorts.

W

waves

Gordon over Eastwood 31-19 big win away from home for the Highlanders.

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)
Gordon over Eastwood 31-19 big win away from home for the Highlanders.

Well done to the Highlanders. They have been close in at least half a dozen matches this year, including the one point loss to Manly. If they make it to the semis they will trouble sides higher up the ladder.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Well done to the Highlanders. They have been close in at least half a dozen matches this year, including the one point loss to Manly. If they make it to the semis they will trouble sides higher up the ladder.

An admirable objective but very difficult to see. The Pirates (6th on 58 points) play Parra A, Eastwood H, Easts A and finish up with Gordon H; they lost to Eastwood only from that group in the first round, a very close run thing at Millner. Gordon (7th on 48) play Uni A, Easts A, Randwick H and finish up at Concord. Gordon's opponents are all higher than them, with good reason, and it's not beyond the realms of possibility the could lose all four. For Gordon to catch up to, and surpass, the Pirates is a daunting task, I think impossible.

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Eastwood v Easts 22 - 22. Not a great game. Lots of mistakes both ways. Easts had two shots at penantly near the end and missed both. Woods backs were disappointing for the second week in a row.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
I can see how Gordon best Eastwood. Gordon's backline is close to the best in the comp but their forwards are average as a group. Eastwood's forwards are excellent and dominated Easts at the breakdown (no pressure to slow the ball or steal it by Easts), but the backs could not convert. Easts backline was better. Should be good to see how Easts handle Gordon this weekend because the Gordon backs cut them to shreds at Chatswood earlier in the season and Easts do not play a pilferer (the red head 7 tackles brilliantly but does not pilfer and does not link with the backs) whereas Gordon has Broome. The rest of the Easts pack should dominate. Gordon backs could well decide it again particularly as Lake has now joined them.

G

Grandstand

Should be good to see how Easts handle Gordon this weekend.

I rate Gordon a strong chance against Easts, particualrly if they get a fair share of the pill.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
According to the NSWRU colts results Boyd Killingworth scored a try in 3rd grade colts on the weekend. I know he is coming back from an injury but to me this doesn't seem too ethical to me. The Rats won a tight game. Several times in recent years when the Rats colts have struggled for numbers they have played 1st grade guys in 3rds and then they backed up for 1sts.

K

Keithy

Lily killingworth is back playing colts and warringah played penrith so the only match was colts 3. He will be in colts 1 this week, nothing underhanded going on at the rats.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
I know that was the only colts grade that Penrith compete in. The problem for me arises because you are meant to select your 3rd grade colts team to play them. I wouldn't have thought Killingworth was a 3rd grade colt.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
I know that was the only colts grade that Penrith compete in. The problem for me arises because you are meant to select your 3rd grade colts team to play them. I wouldn't have thought Killingworth was a 3rd grade colt.

talent wise, he probably is not a 3rd grade colt. But in reality, he has come back from quite a serious injury and I think (I'll be corrected if inaccurate here) it was his first game back. Good on Warringah for not rushing the kid back into higher grades after a serious injury I say. Play him in lower grades til he gets his match fitness and timing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.