• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Also has anyone noticed ayd uni signing souths toyota cup player (ex joeys) adrian haangaana to colts- his contract was torn up at souths due to being at a brothel in his souths gear- surely bruce ross doesnt want this character in his group!!!
Thank you, ab-s, for dragging my name into this discussion. I've noticed it usually only occurs when people are shit-stirring.

If I was an official of the Sydney University Football Club - which I'm not; and

I thought it was my role in life to police other people's moral behaviour - which I studiously avoid doing; and

I was so dimwitted that I needed someone to do my thinking for me - no offence, but given that you've just arrived on site I would hardly turn to you for wise counsel;

even if all three of these conditions applied I would think that it would be extraordinarily counterproductive for our code to disbar any male who had ever been to a brothel.

Welcome aboard. Unfortunately you will find a few kindred spirits here.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
did uni approach haangaana or did he voluntarily approach them. I suppose his management may have been involved and if so what are Uni paying/giving him if anything?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Who cares?
He does play the Uni style, so it's a good fit. Pretty sure he learnt all his Rugby at joeys,and I don't believe he had club links elsewhere.If he did I would have a different view.

T

Tahboy

Welcome AB skimmer, interesting name how did you come up with this?
Ever watch fawlty towers and the episode about never mention the war?
Bit like that here, never mention Sydney Uni

Skimmer Alert-

Number 19 uni 3rd colts- 3 years toyota cup at souths- Would love to see Manly and get DVD to see if he played-as he needs to play 4 games to qual (as does brogan roods)

Great news for uni props in colts they play all year and with one round to go Lotu and Miller get pushed back to colts...

:eek:

Sydney University

# Position Player T C P FG Tot. SB SO
1. Loose head prop BARTIMOTE, Christopher - - - - - - -
2. Hooker GUDGEON, Kieran - - - - - - -
3. Tight head prop TALANOA, Filia 1 - - - 5 - -
4. Left lock HUDD, George - - - - - - -
5. Right lock WICKEN, Byron - - - - - - -
6. Left flanker YASUI, Ken - - - - - - -
7. Right flanker SHARP, Alexander - - - - - - -
8. Number eight Fainga'a, Folau 1 - - - 5 - -
9. Scrum half STRACHAN, Murray - 3 - - 6 - -
10. Fly half L'ESTRANGE, Harry 1 - - - 5 - -
11. Left wing CARUANA, Paul-James - - - - - - -
12. Left centre HAYWARD, Sam 1 - - - 5 - -
13. Right centre NICOL, Scott - - - - - - -
14. Right wing RAMILO, Joseph 1 - - - 5 - -
15. Full back TAGITUIMUA, Mesake - - - - - - -
Reserve 1 - - - - - - -
Reserve 2 - - - - - - -
18. Reserve 3 TASKER, Riley - - - - - - -
19. Reserve 4 HAANGANA, Adrian - - - - - - -
20. Reserve 5 LLOYD, Alfie - - - - - - -
21. Reserve 6 SMITH, Tyrone 1 - - - 5 - -
22. Reserve 7 MORSELLO, Francesco - - - - - - -
23. Reserve 8 ELBATOORY, Bilal - - - - - - -
Reserve 9 - - - - - - -
Reserve 10

- - - -

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Some really good discussion points but I will ask a couple of simple questions
Will Parramatta and Penrith field 3 colts sides next year?
I would say over the past 15 years both clubs have consistently not fielded 3 sides so how long is this resurgence from the West going to take?
Is it true that when Parramatta leagues club sponsored Parramatta rugby club they gave Parramatta 500k per season ?
I am not against the clubs being in the comp and I don't believe they should amalgamate as that will never work
I would just like to see 3 games of colts at Parramatta and Penrith and once this happens then those clubs will get stronger
Parramatta I think have zero points in colts club championship and there is one game to go. Where are the future 1st graders going to come from?
Canberra and NZ like most of the current group
Oops this will get juices flowing

Tahboy, I waited until after the weekend to make sure of the facts: Parramatta's team consisted of

Blacklock - local junior
Hoscher - country but a Parra colt
Seutini - SA via Canberra
Coleman - Canberra
Olmstead - Gordon junior (hey we took one back)
Cox - local junior
Ma'a - local junior
Latukefu - Local junior
Rech - Canberra (2nd season)
Woods - ex NZ but played for Parra for 3 seasons
Tavola - Local junior
Fakafanua - West Harbour but in 3rd season
Leota - unsure but 4th season at Parra
Anese - NZ (replacing local junior Fasisila on loan to Northland ITM cup)
Harper NZ

That's a total of 5 local juniors and 4 long termers or via colts. OF those, Woods, Latukefu, Leota, Tavola, Cox Ma'a and Blacklock were part of the massive floggings in 2010. Watch the Colts space next year.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Tahboy, I waited until after the weekend to make sure of the facts: Parramatta's team consisted of

Blacklock - local junior
Coleman - Canberra
Cox - local junior
Ma'a - local junior
Latukefu - Local junior
Rech - Canberra (2nd season)
Woods - ex NZ but played for Parra for 3 seasons
Tavola - Local junior
Fakafanua - West Harbour but in 3rd season
Leota - unsure but 4th season at Parra
Harper NZ

That's a total of 5 local juniors and 4 long termers or via colts. OF those, Woods, Latukefu, Leota, Tavola, Cox Ma'a and Blacklock were part of the massive floggings in 2010. Watch the Colts space next year.
Leota definitely a local junior, also played colts at 16

T

Tahboy

Ryan09 that's good the team good local player content.
Let's see what happens next year

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Ryan09 that's good the team good local player content.
Let's see what happens next year
I have seen some really good players in the Colts out there. Depth and continuity has been an issue however full marks to those that show up and give the others a game not withstanding the floggings they have copped.

diwi10

Stan Wickham (3)
Who cares?
He does play the Uni style, so it's a good fit. Pretty sure he learnt all his Rugby at joeys,and I don't believe he had club links elsewhere.If he did I would have a different view.
Haangana played with Wests Juniors from u6s onwards, left when he went to Joeys but played a number of rep age groups with West Harbour up to about u14s/15s. Always played league at the same time and probably more suited to that game.

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Haangana played with Wests Juniors from u6s onwards, left when he went to Joeys but played a number of rep age groups with West Harbour up to about u14s/15s. Always played league at the same time and probably more suited to that game.

He also played for the Sydney U16 team at the National U16 Tournament in QLD and I think they beat the NSW Schools team.

O

Ole Two Blue

He was a Blacktown Junior

Hate to burst your bubble their Ryan09................Maile was not a Blacktown Junior. He went to St Pats and played all school aged rugby there. He did not play junior village club.

O

Ole Two Blue

Blacklock - local junior
Coleman - TASMANIA via Canberra
Cox - local junior
Ma'a - local junior
Latukefu - West Harbour
Rech - Canberra (2nd season) - only played reserve grade in Canberra but was spotted by Coach Christini as an emerging talent
Woods - ex NZ but played for Parra for 3 seasons - Woodsy in his 6th season with Parra spread over two different spells. He first played for Parra in 2005
Tavola - Local junior
Fakafanua - West Harbour but in 3rd season - 2nd season
Leota - unsure but 4th season at Parra - local junior, played Colts at 16, 1st Grade at 17
Harper NZ

Just some corrections to the above in bold.

staedler

Frank Nicholson (4)
forgive me for not knowing many of the names

1st Colts- Wests 34 - Manly 28
extremely fast pace for this game, with the lead changing many times. Wests started strong, scoring first through their hooker who looks unbelievably tough to tackle. Manly bounced back to put on the next two tries with some great controlled rugby. A strong try to Wests left winger brought the scores level before Manly edged in front before half time. 21- 14 halftime.

Manly scored again within the first minute of the half through getting a fortuitous bounce off a clearing kick. From then on in, it was all Wests with the big pack gaining great metres straight through the middle, led well by Alatoa and Lolohea, and the 6 & 7 were fantastic. The controlled game from Wests really surprised me, and their ability to go from one side to the other is deadly. What makes it even more impressive is Debresini didnt have his best game.
Standouts for Manly was the skipper Porecki, the flyhalf, and the half.

Didnt get to see the Uni/ Norths game as had to leave early.

2nd Colts - Uni 35 Norths 17 (there abouts)

Uni look the goods for the title. Norths played well but Uni too strong in the end. Shaw the stand out of the forwards, Merriman and the left winger for the backs. Calcagno for Norths tried hard all day.

Wests 24 Souths 34

Wests really let this one slip. Were all over them, leading 17-0 with as many minutes gone. Souths came out hungry in the 2nd half and put the game away. Standout for Souths was the fullback, with unbelievable pace as well as the two backrowers in the 2nd half. Wests had their white headgeared 7 all over the park, was probably the best on pitch. Talking to a Souths parent, it seems they are coming into some real form and could maybe trouble the front runners, as they only lost to Uni last week by 5.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
1st colts Uni 39 Norths 21
a fair indication of the two teams.
Norths tried hard ,but Uni had just too much class , particularly in the backs.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Did I really just read that an Australian U/20s player played 2nd grade colts? If so questions really need to be asked of ex Uni people such as Anthony Eddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.