• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

staedler

Frank Nicholson (4)
Wests 41- Eastwood-36. Wests came out firing, with a 28-5 lead at oranges. Credit to the woodies, coming back well with two tries to their winger Coady but they never really looked like winning.

A

Anonymous

Parramatta v Gordon game had to be cancelled with 15 minutes to go due to a brawl between the teams. This is the second in two weeks involving Parramatta, with last week a scuffle erupting after the first grade game with Eastwood. What is going on?!!!!!!

diwi10

Stan Wickham (3)
Parramatta played West Harbour yesterday losing 60-0. Good clean game, no scuffles and despite the scoreline Parra were competitive

T

Tahboy

I hear Uni have signed up Jake McIntyre the CHS 1 and Aust schools 10 for this season. They have Ed Wylie the Schools 10 from 2010 and John Vaux the 2011 Schools 10 and now the 2011/12 schools 10
What position are Waratahs desperate to strengthen ? 10? And we now have 3 of the last 3 years top end 10s at one club
How is that good for NSW and Aust rugby and how is that good for those 3 players.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I hear Uni have signed up Jake McIntyre the CHS 1 and Aust schools 10 for this season. They have Ed Wylie the Schools 10 from 2010 and John Vaux the 2011 Schools 10 and now the 2011/12 schools 10
What position are Waratahs desperate to strengthen ? 10? And we now have 3 of the last 3 years top end 10s at one club
How is that good for NSW and Aust rugby and how is that good for those 3 players.
The font of all knowledge about Sydney Uni is at it again. Presumably that would be Jake McIntyre who is still at school - in fact at Alstonville State High which is virtually an overnight trip to Sydney Uni.

Does the Oracle mean that "Uni have signed up Jake McIntyre . . . for this season"? If so he's still in transit, perhaps not surprising given the distance he would have to traverse to get to and from training and games at Sydney Uni.

Or does he mean that Jake McIntyre is the "Aust schools 10 for this season"? The Australian schoolboys teams are months away from selection.

When you're frothing at the mouth in impotent fury your meaning is not always clear.

It is interesting that both an official from another club and an ex-Sydney Uni assistant Colts coach claim to know much more about what is happening at the Club than those who are actively involved.

T

Tahboy

Bruce if Jake McIntyre is not at Uni in 2013 I will man up and admit on this forum I was wrong

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Tahboy, is it possible that your source was referring to Queensland Uni rather than Sydney Uni in relation to Jake McIntyre? Geographically it would make more sense. Despite your questionable motivation the point you were making actually makes sense. Five-eighth is not a position where Sydney Uni has a deficiency and there are other emerging 10s there that you didn't mention. However good a development program is, you need to provide appropriate playing opportunities for the talented.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Most Junior Rugby games are off this weekend due to wet ovals.

Are there any round 9 Colts games under risk of postponement?

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
If you get Jake McIntyre you will probably get his mates as well. The majority of the North Coast backline all go to school together, play club football together on Saturday and represent CHS midweek!

T

Tahboy

I agree Aussie some very talented players and I have been watching Zac Spring since last year
I watched the CHS v Cas which CAS won fairly easily and the CHS backline just didn't fire which was surprising but I think will be better next time
I think the Alstonville players could possibly end up at southern Districts as they are friends with Alex Gibbon and souths will be going hard to get there colts going a bit better next year even though they are a very young colts group this year but still need 4 or 5 better players
Interesting period coming up in Colts and will see how this new comp system works with Randwick colts going to be in the 2nd group in the 2nd round yet there 2nd and 3rd colts in 2nd spot and 1st colts starting to come good so they should all get max points in 2nd round and could end up minor premiers in 2nd and 3rd colts as Uni will have some tough games and 1st colts could end up top 4.

staedler

Frank Nicholson (4)
Interesting period coming up in Colts and will see how this new comp system works with Randwick colts going to be in the 2nd group in the 2nd round yet there 2nd and 3rd colts in 2nd spot and 1st colts starting to come good so they should all get max points in 2nd round and could end up minor premiers in 2nd and 3rd colts as Uni will have some tough games and 1st colts could end up top 4.

They would still have to deal with most likely West Harbour, Warringah and Gordon who all have capable 1st colts teams, with Wests being the pick of the bunch. Gordon and the Rats are no walkovers either!

Gordon went down to the pirates today 12-11, and looked dangerous.. although the conditions did play apart in some terrible ball handling by both teams. Wests looked the dominant of the two teams but Gordon worked hard all day, always forcing a mistake by the big Wests pack close to Gordons line.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Having just watched Uni versus Easts, I would like to predict that Uni will not win in Colts 1s. There are a number with teams with better packs and attacks. This prediction acknowledges that some Uni players were away with the high-quality under20s led by super coach Nucifora. The only difference Uni has is superior fitness. This will make little difference towards the end of the season.

V

Veteran101

Having just watched Uni versus Easts, I would like to predict that Uni will not win in Colts 1s. There are a number with teams with better packs and attacks.

Which teams have better packs? Correct me if im wrong....but isnt uni Colts 1 underfeated?

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Correct. Undefeated. But will they win? No in my view. Randwick has a better pack for one. Manly is a better balanced team. West Harbour has a better pack. That will do for now. I expected something better from an undefeated team even taking into account the weather and the talent drain to the superb under 20s squad. Disappointed. Hence my bold prediction.

K

Keithy

As the comp splits over the next few weeks, are Easts in trouble of missing the top 8? With Southern and Norths to finish off the 1st round then playing in the top division.

O

Ole Two Blue

Parramatta v Gordon game had to be cancelled with 15 minutes to go due to a brawl between the teams. This is the second in two weeks involving Parramatta, with last week a scuffle erupting after the first grade game with Eastwood. What is going on?!!!!!!

Let's get some facts right first..........

Parra v Gordon game was not called off 15 mins before time. Though that is Gordon's claim. According to the ref, there was less than 90 seconds remaining and he was sick of Gordon's sledging and also sick of Parra's reactions to it. This came direct from the ref. If he had any issues with the behaviour, he would have submitted an incident report......which he did not.

On the scuffle after the Eastwood 1st Grade match, this did happen. Perhaps you should question Eastwood as to why they smuggled alcohol into a licenced venue? The incident was blown out of proportion, as it was over as quickly as it started as members of both clubs just removed those more lubricated than others from the venue. Nothing more than intoxicated people being removed happened. It's just that those who were removed, were not happy about it.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I haven't seen West Harbour play this year but I noted that they had 10 bonus points from 6 wins. Most of their tries are scored by the forwards and I wouldn't be surprised if prop David Lolohea is the top try scorer in the comp so far. What is going on?

They could be serious contenders at the business end.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I have heard that the est harbour team are a big side that uses Debreczini's boot for field position and then use their forwards to intimidate and overwhelm the opposition. It should be an interesting game on Saturday when they take on a Manly side that is well balanced and have now won their past 5 games. Manly currently sit just above Wests in 3rd by a point

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
I have heard that the est harbour team are a big side that uses Debreczini's boot for field position and then use their forwards to intimidate and overwhelm the opposition. It should be an interesting game on Saturday when they take on a Manly side that is well balanced and have now won their past 5 games. Manly currently sit just above Wests in 3rd by a point
I think West Harbour have a very strong pack & would dominate every team in the comp scrumwise ,& in the tight stuff , however they have had 3 of their forwards missing
recently , 2 in the under 20 tournament in South Africa , & one in the current schools tournament , so they probably won't have this advantage against Manly , who , as has
been mentioned , are a good all round team. Could be a different story in the semi's , when they are back though.

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)
Having just watched Uni versus Easts, I would like to predict that Uni will not win in Colts 1s. There are a number with teams with better packs and attacks. This prediction acknowledges that some Uni players were away with the high-quality under20s led by super coach Nucifora. The only difference Uni has is superior fitness. This will make little difference towards the end of the season.

Could you be the same Spewn who predicted that "Uni won't win the title. Easts or Manly will when their Colts 2 teams are at "full strength" back in 2011. Bit of a recurring anti Uni theme to your posts. Neither Easts nor Manly were not even in the final or grand final to play Uni let alone beat them in 2011.

It seems like Wests are shaping up well this year and they certainly gave Uni a fright in round one so it would not surprise to see these 2 teams slug it out in the GF this year. From what I have seen most of the other clubs would struggle against a full strenght Uni.

Status
Not open for further replies.