• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
It will be interesting to see who trots out for uni 1st Colts this week.

There are 5 U20 players who played in the senior 2nds last weekend. With the win and the week off are they allowed to drop down to Colts this weekend? One would hope not.

Then there is Roods and Hangaana.

There are 5 U20 players who played in the senior 2nds last weekend. With the win and the week off are they allowed to drop down to Colts this weekend? One would hope not.

Do they have any NRL or Super 15 players that might be eligible.....

He had 4 offloads that led to 2 tries, didnt take the game seriously and from what i saw was just going through the motions. Randwick forwards controlled the ball in the first half, however struggled for field position in the 2nd half due to poor kicking. Uni also put on 4 2nd grade colts as it was open selection for them.

I didnt get to see any of the other football on the weekend
Syd Uni v Randwick- what are randwicks chances in this one? uni have pilled up massive points in the last few rounds, however norths did beat them earlier and went with the in semi 1
Norths v Wests- can norths forwards control the wests pack? if so norths backs will hold the key. Wests have a big physical team and a solid 10 who directs well.

should be a great weekend of footy.

Tips?

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Uni to win easily over randwick - Randwicks backs will not handle the Uni backs at all

Norths to beat Wests in a bit of an upset - I expect Norths forwards to recapture the form they showed when they beat Uni and will contain the big Wests forwards

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Posted from Sydney Grade Forum:
Gordon 4ths were all at a bucks weekend and only had 7 players. good club! why not play the 1st colts!!!.. it had been planned the whole week..​
UNI coaching staff- seems like all are leaving- from one player in grade--'Hooray' was heard from the car park. Dammmers gone, louden gone, farrer gone..​
Grade- Any news on randwick and coaches for 2013- whittaker back in town?​
former all black-skimmer, Yesterday at 1:18 PM

farrer gone.. Is this correct?

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Uni to win easily over randwick - Randwicks backs will not handle the Uni backs at all

Norths to beat Wests in a bit of an upset - I expect Norths forwards to recapture the form they showed when they beat Uni and will contain the big Wests forwards
Agree - I think Wests are very beatable. Having said that, in addition to their strong forward back, #10 and their centres are not too shabby either. I suspect they could be put off by the right game plan.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Just heard 3 players from Manly - Dombkins, Hodge and Northam - are in the train on squad for the u19's. Anyone else know of any names in the squad

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Posted from Sydney Grade Forum:
Gordon 4ths were all at a bucks weekend and only had 7 players. good club! why not play the 1st colts!!!.. it had been planned the whole week..​
UNI coaching staff- seems like all are leaving- from one player in grade--'Hooray' was heard from the car park. Dammmers gone, louden gone, farrer gone..​
Grade- Any news on randwick and coaches for 2013- whittaker back in town?​
former all black-skimmer, Yesterday at 1:18 PM

farrer gone.. Is this correct?
He has done a great job and would be a loss

T

Tahboy

Just heard 3 players from Manly - Dombkins, Hodge and Northam - are in the train on squad for the u19's. Anyone else know of any names in the squad
Mark Baldwin, Jesse Harris, Andrew Norton,jock Armstrong,Nathan Roye from Randwick

staedler

Frank Nicholson (4)
Edwin Maka, the massive human who played 1 first colts game and 9 second colts games this year for West Harbour, debuted for Toulouse in the top14 off the bench, setting up the winning try. Just in the last few days he made his starting debut, playing with the likes of McCallister and Burgess. Quite an amazing rise, pity the coaches at Wests didn't really know how to play him.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)

How can LATU be eligible for Colts - has he played at all this year in Colts? Dunbar is in as well.
Cynical.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
a
Same question can be asked for Tom Connor of Randwick.
Its fine to pose the question however feel free to count the number of games he played in colts then compare that to Latu. You will find that Connor played more than 4 colts games - what about Latu??????

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
a
Its fine to pose the question however feel free to count the number of games he played in colts then compare that to Latu. You will find that Connor played more than 4 colts games - what about Latu??????

I don't have an issue with Tom. Did he play the last few rounds?

Gordon Broome played about 3 or 4 games as well and could have realistically turned out for Gordon then?

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Sydney University put Randwick to the sword today and ending any hopes of an upset with a 60-24 victory. It was one of the most dominant performances I've seen from a University colts outfit.

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)
Sydney Uni were definitely a class above Randwick yesterday, with their forwards totally dominant. The Wicks lost a few key players early on and pulled back some points in the second half with the strong breeze at their back. The Wicks backs held their own in attack but went missing out wide in defence.

An ugly brawl at the end of the thirds colts game between Randwick and Eastwood cheered on by the spectators was a sad indightment of both clubs. We don't need this sort of crap in the game. The lanky Eastwood boy coming in for the king hit while the Wicks player was being held was a mongrel act you don't expect to see in the streets of Kings Cross on Saturday night let alone on the rugby field. I hope both clubs take a good hard look at the footage and add to the reds cards handed out on the day.

T

Tahboy

Well done to uni a great game against Randwick and if they play like that next week they will win. Just too many quality players
and being able to bring on high quality players as fresh reserved with Uni having 2nd grade not playing makes it double hard
Randwick had a good season and for the 3rd year in a row met Uni for the GF qualifier and from a disaster year In 2009 when Randwick came basically last in 1st grade colts and had to forfeit 3rd colts it's been a good effort to do well over the past 3 years
It's dissapointing that basically everyone involved is being given the flick by the new coaching heads so will see how it works out
I have my doubts it will work
any clubs looking for coaches contact randwick rugby as they have plenty who will not be required next year even all the grade coaches are not required next year

K

Keithy

Wests lost to norths 36 ~ 33 after leading 27 ~ 0. Week off maybe a factor as they didn't train to hard

Status
Not open for further replies.