• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Rays .. NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
No Alex Northam Dave? I would have thought he would have been one of the players selected for development purposes. certainly in front of Dane Chisolm

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
No Alex Northam Dave? I would have thought he would have been one of the players selected for development purposes. certainly in front of Dane Chisolm

Aha - that's the other Dane. I'm 100% with you in regards to Northham - he would be in mine for sure.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
looking at it they only wanted regular first grade players. Hard to argue with that as some of those selected are still relatively young - Bergelin, Ale, treweek

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
On a side note, I've long thought that it'd be great to run a simultaneous colts competition between all the franchises.

It would surely help our national under 20s side (more competition, etc.) and would also be great for developing talent. At the moment the money/interest probably isn't there, but I think it's something for the ARU to consider over the coming years.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
On a side note, I've long thought that it'd be great to run a simultaneous colts competition between all the franchises.

It would surely help our national under 20s side (more competition, etc.) and would also be great for developing talent. At the moment the money/interest probably isn't there, but I think it's something for the ARU to consider over the coming years.

I've mentioned that heaps of times in hope that someone would pick it up and run with it. I think this would be awesome for WA, VIC, ACT especially.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
After all the away games to start the season - needed a new passport.

This is a list of Marlins that i was given and it included (a from memory)
Tim, Mitch, Dave, Greg, Ed, Dylan, Harry, Ketone, Matt, Swanny, Dane, Maile, Brain, Dane, Treweek, Rory O'Connor and Matt Phillip is the list (from memory).
Tim Fairbrother
Dave Porecki
Dane Maraki
Greg Petersen
Ed Gower
Dylan Sg
Harry Bergelin
Kotoni Ale
Matt Lucas
Mark Swanepoel
Dane (again, so not sure)
Maile Hingano
Brian Sefiana
Sean Treweek
and from the colts Rory Oconnor & Matt Phillip.
Well done guys.
Rats in the squad:
Luke Holmes
Wayne Borsak
Sam Ward
Boyd Killingworth
Josh Holmes
Hamish Angus
Harry Jones
Tui Tuisavaii
Micka Adams
Sireli Tagigakibau
Dave Feltscheer

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
There's some talent there. Huge squad though when you factor in the Norths and Gordon players yet to be named (?) not to mention the Super Rugby players sent back. I'm an old bloke but I don't know how that works, maybe I've missed an email or something but I can see quite a few disillusioned players in the near future.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Cam Crawford
James Cunningham
Michael Wells
Jac Cameron
Kevin McNamara
Will Weeks
Luke Holmes
Wayne Borsak
Sam Ward
Boyd Killingworth
Josh Holmes
Hamish Angus
Harry Jones
Tui Tuisavaii
Micka Adams
Sireli Tagigakibau
Dave Feltscheer
Tim Fairbrother
Dave Porecki
Dane Maraki
Greg Petersen
Ed Gower
Dylan Sg
Harry Bergelin
Kotoni Ale
Matt Lucas
Mark Swanepoel
Dane Chisolm
Maile Hingano
Brian Sefiana
Sean Treweek

Can someone add the Gordon players please?
Are there any Super players returning on top of those listed above?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
There's some talent there. Huge squad though when you factor in the Norths and Gordon players yet to be named (?) not to mention the Super Rugby players sent back. I'm an old bloke but I don't know how that works, maybe I've missed an email or something but I can see quite a few disillusioned players in the near future.
Norths in my list just posted, they stuck their names up on their facebook.
Disillusioned, I disagree my list actually would have added 2 or 3 more, and involvement means team. Might only have 15 on the paddock but the Shute isn't over yet, they'll all be going even harder now, and the dreaded injury. I like it.

James M7

Allen Oxlade (6)
After all the away games to start the season - needed a new passport.

This is a list of Marlins that i was given and it included (a from memory)
Tim, Mitch, Dave, Greg, Ed, Dylan, Harry, Ketone, Matt, Swanny, Dane, Maile, Brain, Dane, Treweek, Rory O'Connor and Matt Phillip is the list (from memory).
Tim Fairbrother
Dave Porecki
Dane Maraki
Greg Petersen
Ed Gower
Dylan Sg
Harry Bergelin
Kotoni Ale
Matt Lucas
Mark Swanepoel
Dane (again, so not sure)
Maile Hingano
Brian Sefiana
Sean Treweek
Well done guys.

Looks like the MMM's forward pack , A little surprised that Mitch Lewis didn't make it?? or has he been picked up by another NRC side?

James M7

Allen Oxlade (6)
He did, second name at the start I didn't carry him down. Will fix later

No problems just looked at the list , Night shift work makes you look over things quickly, From memory he is from the ACT ? I thought he might have been pick up by there NRC side

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Cam Crawford
James Cunningham
Michael Wells
Jac Cameron
Kevin McNamara
Will Weeks
Luke Holmes
Wayne Borsak
Sam Ward
Boyd Killingworth
Josh Holmes
Hamish Angus
Harry Jones
Tui Tuisavaii
Micka Adams
Sireli Tagigakibau
Dave Feltscheer
Tim Fairbrother
Dave Porecki
Mitch Lewis - now added
Dane Maraki
Greg Petersen
Ed Gower
Dylan Sg
Harry Bergelin
Kotoni Ale
Matt Lucas
Mark Swanepoel
Dane Chisolm
Maile Hingano
Brian Sefiana
Sean Treweek

T

Train Without a Station

Will Cam Crawford and Greg Peterson not have commenced their new contracts before the NRC starts?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
PRESS RELEASE

MACQUARIE UNI NORTH HARBOUR RAYS DEVELOPMENT SQUAD

THE Macquarie University North Harbour Rays coaching team have begun working with a development squad in preparation for the looming National Rugby Championship season that kicks off at the end of August.

Head Coach Geoff Townsend along with assistant coaches Haig Sare, Damien Cummins and Michael Lipman put the squad through a light “information heavy” session at Manly Oval on Wednesday night.

“It was all about getting some information into the guys about how we want to play and for them all to start to get to know each other a bit better,” Townsend said.

“The squad that we are working with at the moment is drawn from our four member clubs and as you would expect they are all training at least another couple of nights a week so these get togethers will be all about patterns and structures.

“It all went well and by the end of the session you could see some of the combinations that were working well.

“Obviously there’s lots to do before our first game but I must say that we have made a good start.”

Training for the Rays season will ramp up as the season draws closer and clubs bow out of the Shute Shield premiership race.

As you would expect Manly and Warringah have the bulk of the players in the development squad.

Manly, who are on top of the Shute Shield competition table, have 13 while Warringah have 11. Gordon have five representatives while Northern Suburbs have four.

Each franchise in the NRC will be allocated four Wallabies and up to 12 contracted Super Rugby players. These players are yet to be announced.

In coming weeks Townsend is hoping to bring further players into the squad to get a close look at how they perform and how they gel with other squad members.

“We’re on the look out to fortify a couple of areas in the squad – in and around the scrum base and at lock – and we just want to have a closer look at a couple of guys,” Townsend added.

“This early training is important and will certainly play a major role in how the squad develops.”

Townsend will base operations in season at Macquarie Uni where the squad will have access to a world-class gym, pool and numerous other rehab facilities.

MACQUARIE UNI NORTH HARBOUR RAYS DEVELOPMENT SQUAD:

GORDON: Tom Matthews, Nick Fraser, Matt McDougall, Jack Dempsey, Lucas Simkin.

WARRINGAH: Wayne Borsack, Luke Holmes, Sam Ward, Boyd Killingworth, Josh Holmes, Hamish Angus, Tui Tuisavali, Michael Adams, Sireli Tagicakibau, Harry Jones, David Feltscheer.

NORTHERN SUBURBS: Kevin McNamara, James Cunningham, Michael Wells, Jac Cameron.

MANLY: Mitch Lewis, Rory O’Connor, Dave Porecki, Tim Fairbrother, Greg Peterson, Ed Gower, Matt Phillips, Harry Bergelin, Kotani Ale, Brian Sefania, Maille Hingano, Dane Chisholm, Scott Daruda

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
PRESS RELEASE

MACQUARIE UNI NORTH HARBOUR RAYS DEVELOPMENT SQUAD

THE Macquarie University North Harbour Rays coaching team have begun working with a development squad in preparation for the looming National Rugby Championship season that kicks off at the end of August.

Head Coach Geoff Townsend along with assistant coaches Haig Sare, Damien Cummins and Michael Lipman put the squad through a light “information heavy” session at Manly Oval on Wednesday night.

“It was all about getting some information into the guys about how we want to play and for them all to start to get to know each other a bit better,” Townsend said.

“The squad that we are working with at the moment is drawn from our four member clubs and as you would expect they are all training at least another couple of nights a week so these get togethers will be all about patterns and structures.

“It all went well and by the end of the session you could see some of the combinations that were working well.

“Obviously there’s lots to do before our first game but I must say that we have made a good start.”

Training for the Rays season will ramp up as the season draws closer and clubs bow out of the Shute Shield premiership race.

As you would expect Manly and Warringah have the bulk of the players in the development squad.

Manly, who are on top of the Shute Shield competition table, have 13 while Warringah have 11. Gordon have five representatives while Northern Suburbs have four.

Each franchise in the NRC will be allocated four Wallabies and up to 12 contracted Super Rugby players. These players are yet to be announced.

In coming weeks Townsend is hoping to bring further players into the squad to get a close look at how they perform and how they gel with other squad members.

“We’re on the look out to fortify a couple of areas in the squad – in and around the scrum base and at lock – and we just want to have a closer look at a couple of guys,” Townsend added.

“This early training is important and will certainly play a major role in how the squad develops.”

Townsend will base operations in season at Macquarie Uni where the squad will have access to a world-class gym, pool and numerous other rehab facilities.

MACQUARIE UNI NORTH HARBOUR RAYS DEVELOPMENT SQUAD:

GORDON: Tom Matthews, Nick Fraser, Matt McDougall, Jack Dempsey, Lucas Simkin.

WARRINGAH: Wayne Borsack, Luke Holmes, Sam Ward, Boyd Killingworth, Josh Holmes, Hamish Angus, Tui Tuisavali, Michael Adams, Sireli Tagicakibau, Harry Jones, David Feltscheer.

NORTHERN SUBURBS: Kevin McNamara, James Cunningham, Michael Wells, Jac Cameron.

MANLY: Mitch Lewis, Rory O’Connor, Dave Porecki, Tim Fairbrother, Greg Peterson, Ed Gower, Matt Phillips, Harry Bergelin, Kotani Ale, Brian Sefania, Maille Hingano, Dane Chisholm, Scott Daruda

I thought Matt Lucas & Mark Swanepoel were also down there as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.