• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Rays .. NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Also, Simon Cron has asked for a very big commitment from a team of essentially amateur players who have careers of their own. Including several 4 hour sessions a week

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Also, Simon Cron has asked for a very big commitment from a team of essentially amateur players who have careers of their own. Including several 4 hour sessions a week

Any starting NRC player can get a full-time contract, whether it's in Italy, here in Aus, or elsewhere.

I don't really mind asking players to behave like professionals and make sacrifices to prove they can actually be a professional. If the player's issue is they've got pressing financial and life commitments, then mentally they're probably not at the right stage of their life for it.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Any starting NRC player can get a full-time contract, whether it's in Italy, here in Aus, or elsewhere.

I don't really mind asking players to behave like professionals and make sacrifices to prove they can actually be a professional. If the player's issue is they've got pressing financial and life commitments, then mentally they're probably not at the right stage of their life for it.

Sorry,
NRC is how many weeks, and for the teams that aren't super rugby teams they are generally made up by players who are not paid to play and have careers, or uni commitments.

Then you say - then mentally they're probably not at the right stage of their life for it.

Man - gee what qualifications do you hold in assessing each individuals mind set.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sorry,
NRC is how many weeks, and for the teams that aren't super rugby teams they are generally made up by players who are not paid to play and have careers, or uni commitments.

Then you say - then mentally they're probably not at the right stage of their life for it.

Man - gee what qualifications do you hold in assessing each individuals mind set.

I'm not judging them as men, I'm saying if your priority (to the point that it precludes a 20hr a week rugby commitment) is study, work, and/or family, then a NRC commitment is probably not time well spent for you.

This is not social football, that already exists.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I'm not judging them as men, I'm saying if your priority (to the point that it precludes a 20hr a week rugby commitment) is study, work, and/or family, then a NRC commitment is probably not time well spent for you.

This is not social football, that already exists.

That is better explained better.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Anyway, here's the Rays squad.

THE SQUAD:
FORWARDS: Rory O’Connor (Warringah), Ezra Luxton (Northern Suburbs), Angus Ta’avao (NSW Waratahs/Northern Suburbs), Lawrance Hunting (Northern Suburbs), Damien Fitzpatrick (NSW Wartahs/Eastwood), James Hilterbrand (Manly), Nick Palmer (Northern Suburbs), Adrian Hall (Manly), James Brown (Northern Suburbs), Angus Ryan (Southern Districts), Jack Dempsey (NSW Waratahs/Gordon), Harry Bergelin (Manly), Tom Cusack (Aust Sevens), Will Miller (Northern Suburbs), Michael Smith (Northern Suburbs), Michael Wells (NSW Waratahs/Northern Suburbs), Hugh Sinclair (Northern Suburbs).
BACKS: Matt Lucas (NSW Waratahs/Manly), Michael Dowsett (Northern Suburbs), Dewett Roos (Southern Districts), Sam Lane (Manly), Angus Sinclair (Northern Suburbs), Harry Jones (Warringah), Tyson Davis (Warringah), Irae Simone (Northern Suburbs), Con Foley (Aust Sevens), Seb Wileman (Warringah), Dennis Pili-Gaitau (Manly), Richard Woolf (Northern Suburbs), Cameron Clark (Aust Sevens), Josh Turner (Manly), Johnathan Malo (Eastwood).
WALLABY AMBASSADORS: Michael Hooper (Manly), Rob Horne (Southern Districts)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Sam Ward missing? On the face of it, some good pickups from the Aus 7s, but no Killingworth? Are either of these attached to other NRC sides? Will be interesting to see how the 7s players adapt. Expect good things from Cusack especially.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Sam Ward missing? On the face of it, some good pickups from the Aus 7s, but no Killingworth? Are either of these attached to other NRC sides? Will be interesting to see how the 7s players adapt. Expect good things from Cusack especially.

I thought i saw Wards name on another Franchise.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It seems that the quota system employed in selections for the past two years has gone (thankfully) and we've picked the best available squad regardless of SS club.

Hopefully our best season is on the way.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I really really hate the Rays Harlequin jersey. Today it look predominantly white for some reason and blended with the Rams away jersey.
Can we just return to the ARC green/blue jersey and use the current white socks with the red/green/yellow/blue strips to represent the 4 clubs or design the jersey along the lines of the hoddie which is black with strips on the shoulders (might clash with QLD Country if Ray's don't have an away strip).

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I really really hate the Rays Harlequin jersey. Today it look predominantly white for some reason and blended with the Rams away jersey.
Can we just return to the ARC green/blue jersey and use the current white socks with the red/green/yellow/blue strips to represent the 4 clubs or design the jersey along the lines of the hoddie which is black with strips on the shoulders (might clash with QLD Country if Ray's don't have an away strip).

I hate Harlequin jerseys fullstop.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

Something I couldn't understand is why the Rams were wearing their alternate strip.

Status
Not open for further replies.