• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Id like to get everybody's thoughts with only a few games to go before the finals. But ill give you mine for what its worth!

Div 1

Cant believe how tight Kentwell is this year. I have been very impressed by Mosman, Pats and Balmain this year. Biggest disappointment would have to be the boys from Campbelltown

Pats should take out the minor premiership and the Dirty Reds vs Balmain game could well decide the last semi place this weekend. Don't rule Knox out for a challenge for that last spot.

I think Pats might be nervous especially if the boys from Colleagues and the Dirty Reds make the final 4. I think it will be a Pats vs Dirty Reds Final with Pats finally getting up.

Div 2

This is going to be a cracking end to the season. Petersham should get club champs and a return to Div 1, well done to them.

The first grade battle between Petersham and Brothers is going to be intense and I think Forest could throw a spanner in the works but I think Petersham are going to end Brothers chance of a 3-peat!

Must admit my club (Barker) have had a tough year in 1st grade but they are a young team and we could have 3 grades in the Semis and 4's are undefeated. It is a shock to see us and Kings where we are. Cant believe Kings haven't won a game in 1st or 2nd grade.

3rd Div

My heart says Hornsby my head says Blue Mountains. I think these two will fight it out for the Clark Cup. Mountains have won it in the last couple of seasons so I would like to see Hornsby get up but I think 'Blueys' will do it.

I must admit I am shocked to see the bottom four teams in the Clark Cup (Briars, Waverley, Blacktown and Epping) have all been in Div 2 in recent seasons.

Would like to know what is going on in the lower divisions

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I must admit I am shocked to see the bottom four teams in the Clark Cup (Briars, Waverley, Blacktown and Epping) have all been in Div 2 in recent seasons.

Would like to know what is going on in the lower divisions

Never be surprised when a club outside white collar money has sudden rise or fall. Particularly when they are based in the western wasteland.

The current system punishes the have-nots and only cares about the wealthy heart land ... much like any level of rugby in Australia, really.

And of course there are issues with Maori and Islanders. Call me racist if you want, but in my experience by and large they don't pay their fees, don't front up to judiciary, and don't contribute to the volunteer work needed to run a club.

My old club had its entire second grade stood down because one guy didn't front up on Tuesday for threatening a touch judge. He copped a two year ban and Subbies is better off without him... Except he'll just whip out his passport which has his OTHER name on it and register somewhere else.

They're the first ones to show up when free beer is on though.

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yes Ozzie Bob, the Bobs 1sts have not put the points on the board which is a bit of a surprise. The rest of the grades are doing well and we dusted Lindfied in all 5 grades 2 weeks ago. The allstar dad's army 4th grade has a really good spirit and we have leaguies who have never played rugby before, wingers playing prop and some old battered blokes such as myself. Having come down from Div 1 last year, we have found Div 2 tougher than expected and thats a good thing. Not sure about all the coin being thrown around. Its great for Brothers to have a good 1sts, but their 4ths have only won a couple of games. And for fuck sake Aussie Bob, get red of that rancid jersey and include a photo of you in the red and blue. ( you might have noticed that the players can barely breathe in this year's jerseys...

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
In Div 5 Sydney Irish are 3rd they had a comfortable win on Saturday at home to Convicts, away to Redfield on Saturday and need a bonus point win to top the ladder going into finals. Full ladder is here

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
In Div 5 Sydney Irish are 3rd they had a comfortable win on Saturday at home to Convicts, away to Redfield on Saturday and need a bonus point win to top the ladder going into finals. Full ladder is here

JSRF10 you guys have had a standout first season. Congratulations and hope you can claim some silverware

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
First Subbies premiership for 2013 will be decided this Saturday in the Radford Cup. Despite the fact that there were only 5 teams in the comp, the level of play has been outstanding. Here's hoping that my boys continue their undefeated run and take ou the big one.
image.jpg

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
good luck Prodigy. From memory Epping didnt have a colts team last year so its a good result for you guys to have made the big dance this year.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Epping COLTS defeated Hills to claim the 2013 Radford Cup in the first Subbies grand final contested this year.

Gam was an absolute ball tearer - 13 all at half time, 25 all at full time, 32 all at the half time o extra time, 44-32 in the end.

Camo

Frank Nicholson (4)
G'Day all in Subbies Land,

This Saturday is Balmain Rugby Club's annual 'world famous' Ladies Day.

Blackmore Park, Canal Road, Leichhardt
12PM - 5PM

There's Gift Bags for the Ladies, Free manicures, massages, raffle prizes, Festivities and Entertainment!

....PLUS in a major coup

- Wallaby Legend Drew Mitchell will be turning out for Balmain Rugby before he farewells Australia to head for France to play for Toulon

All Welcome!
BRC Ladies Day.JPG

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Sydney Irish made the Div 5 Grand Final, up against Redfield at Macquarie Uni on Saturday. Should be a massive occasion, they've got the better of us the past couple of times but they've all been close games. No matter what the result its been a cracking first year for the lads

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
The petersham player is an idiot but the story got air time because footy violence is a hot topic. The shammies are better than that.

The Lion

Frank Row (1)
The story got air time because it was an absolute disgrace and deserved to. How the shammies react will determine how good they are because this behaviour needs to be dealt with harshly at all levels.

The guy should never play rugby again.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Sad news out of Brothers. Scott Lewis a lower grade player passed away last week at the age of 42. Died from complications from surgery. EX Stannies, Western Schools and Country rep. Good bloke and great clubman. R.I.P Scott.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
I would have thought that 15 years is effectively a life ban - surely his best playing days would be well behind him at 34 years old.

This idiot's "best" might be behind him but this is Subbies. This isn't about a career it's about playing for the love of the game.

He's a danger to everyone around him if he was to ever take the field again. And at 34, that's a long time to hold a grudge...becasue he obviously has a mind incapable of doing much else.

I hope he doesn't have kids. Think of what could happen to officials at their games!!!

I only hope that his name achieves infamy and ALL sports make sure he is never registered anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.