• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
As I mentioned above this is clearly designed to flush out support from other clubs who are fundamentaly aligned with the St Pats thinking. Lets see if any come forward?

Any chance us Club Rugby Nuts not on Div mailing lists to see said email from St Pats.

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
As I mentioned above this is clearly designed to flush out support from other clubs who are fundamentaly aligned with the St Pats thinking. Lets see if any come forward?

Yes correct. I would have thought though that Suburban Rugby are in the controlling seatin negotiations as there are not many alternatives. The only other options for St. Pats are the Shute Shield Comp, Wollongong comp or Central Coast comp. Unless I am missing something?

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yes correct. I would have thought though that Suburban Rugby are in the controlling seatin negotiations as there are not many alternatives. The only other options for St. Pats are the Shute Shield Comp, Wollongong comp or Central Coast comp. Unless I am missing something?

Or a breakaway!

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
You left off the cover letter HeavyD. So out of interest what Rugby Board do you sit on?

Subject: St Patrick's Rugby Club copy letter to Paul Timmins Chairman NSWSRU Board
10 February 2015

Dear Club President,

At the direction of the SPRC Committee the attached letter has been sent to Paul Timmins Chairman NSWSRU Board and we have decided to advise all Presidents of Clubs of Division 1,2 and 3.

We are seeking clarification of a number of issues regarding the amateur policy of NSW Suburban RU which may be of interest to your Club.

The Club awaits a response from the Board and will keep you informed of the outcome.

Regards,

Michael Iacono

Honorary Secretary

St Patricks Rugby Club

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
St Pats are one of the worst for buying talent. They fucking stacked a set of monsters into their First Grade from all reports, and then one of their anniversary days, stacked their 5th Grade with semipro players just "looking for a game". Destroyed Campbelltown that day, who were riding along quite well in the competition at that point.

So fucking walk already Pats - someone else will step in, request they don't play 5ths, and all your money can go down the shitter.

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
Pats wont go anywhere. Shute Shield wont have them, they could play in the Central Coast comp but thats doubtful. Its all hot air from them.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
For anyone without a home this year or looking for a new challenge, ROBR are looking for new players, young and old and of all skill levels.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
A mate from Manly Rugby tells me the club are none to pleased that one of their lower grade 2nd rowers has informed them he is off to a nearby subbies club for $200 per game.

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
A mate from Manly Rugby tells me the club are none to pleased that one of their lower grade 2nd rowers has informed them he is off to a nearby subbies club for $200 per game.

Assuming this is Forest?
Forest never were the smartest people going around. Hopefully they get caught and their club gets farked up.

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
What a dead set farkwit this bloke from Colleagues is.

I have removed all the email addresses but needless to say he sent this to all clubs.

Whatever your view is I dont think that it needs to be sent to all.

Just out of interest has anyone ever done an 'audit' of the Bondi Tens?

40+ teams x $950 entry = $40,000. Wonder how much they give to charity each year? I am assuming it is all of it & no Colleagues players are paid to help on the day.

From: Richard McGrath [mailto:Richard.McGrath@hr-ss.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, 12 February 2015 4:51 PM
Subject: Colleagues responce - St Patrick's Rugby Club Letter

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your letter and we appreciate you sending it on. It is helpful to understand the issues you have raised and clarifying them early on in the season will hopefully get all Clubs on the same page.

Colleagues whole heartedly support NSWSRU in returning to an amateur competition and we hope that all Clubs embrace the new rules. We also hope that this move by the NSWSRU is seen as a positive step to higher levels of participation and we stop to loss of players and teams and a stronger competition develops across all divisions.

Regarding the points you raise in your letter, we have sought to address them in the following way:
1. Strapping tape is available to all players;
2. Physio’s are paid for by the club for all on Saturdays and any make up games. We also encourage players to take out their own personal health insurance at an appropriate level. Injured players are encouraged to come down on Saturday to consult with our physios in between team strappings, whilst they are being paid for by the club. Although it is a short consultation, it can prove to be a valuable one.
3. The best and fairest reward is the same for all grades. Whilst Kentwell players do often have to contribute a lot more physically to the club due to the nature of the competition we try hard to make sure that all efforts are recognised equally via a voucher to drink at our sponsor hotel that evening; and
4. We have trainers and advisors attend training from time to time so any players that wants to do the “extras” can get guidance from qualified people. However it is our feeling that a sporting club that pays for gym space or memberships for players, additional extra training outside of standard club hours and the supply of fitness supplements, is that of a professional or semi-professional club.

Regarding the structure of the Club Championship and skew towards Kentwell. We believe this is in place and doing a very good job of ensuring the best players at each club are playing in the highest grades, thus restricting clubs from ‘stacking’ lower grade teams to secure club championship points.

As mentioned above we recognise that Kentwell players have to contribute more physically to the club and often need to work harder to maintain their position and compete in what has become a very competitive and high standard competition. Our view is that this extra effort is rewarded by the honour of playing in the Kentwell Cup and being available for selection in the Subbies Rep team. We also caution against your suggestion of making allowances for Kentwell. Our strong view is that once you make an exception for one player or group of players, you open the gate for much argument. For example a Kentwell Cup player receiving assistance with gym membership who then gets dropped for poor performance, do you cut his gym membership then and reinstate when he gets back to Kentwell? The numbers of players that move between Kentwell and Burke each season make this difficult to police and potentially open to manipulation. We think the standard treatment for all players makes the role of the Integrity Committee much more manageable and clear.

We do very much agree that the Clubs need to be informed of rulings by the Integrity Committee. If these need to be kept confidential from a player and Club point of view, so be it, but as we all come to grips with the new regime, the Integrity Committee’s views on what is in and out would be very helpful.

As such, Colleagues has no issue with the Application for Affiliation and signed and returned it in early December after our AGM with 2015 office bearers in place. We think it is fantastic that St Pats have created and are striving towards a club that produces a professional 1st grade team that has benefits that you have mentioned below, but believe there is a competition in Sydney Rugby that houses such professional and semi-professional clubs, and that is the Shute Shield.

We would be happy to discuss further and look forward to seeing St Pats on the field during the season. Good luck in resolving the issues you have raised.

Regards

Richard McGrath

Colleagues President

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
What a dead set farkwit this bloke from Colleagues is.

I have removed all the email addresses but needless to say he sent this to all clubs.

Whatever your view is I dont think that it needs to be sent to all.

Just out of interest has anyone ever done an 'audit' of the Bondi Tens?

40+ teams x $950 entry = $40,000. Wonder how much they give to charity each year? I am assuming it is all of it & no Colleagues players are paid to help on the day.

From: Richard McGrath [mailto:Richard.McGrath@hr-ss.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, 12 February 2015 4:51 PM
Subject: Colleagues responce - St Patrick's Rugby Club Letter

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your letter and we appreciate you sending it on. It is helpful to understand the issues you have raised and clarifying them early on in the season will hopefully get all Clubs on the same page.

Colleagues whole heartedly support NSWSRU in returning to an amateur competition and we hope that all Clubs embrace the new rules. We also hope that this move by the NSWSRU is seen as a positive step to higher levels of participation and we stop to loss of players and teams and a stronger competition develops across all divisions...........deleted to save space

We would be happy to discuss further and look forward to seeing St Pats on the field during the season. Good luck in resolving the issues you have raised.

Regards

Richard McGrath

Colleagues President

While I agree it was unnecessary, by sending it to all clubs Collegues have nailed their colours to the mast. They are a very successful and wealthy Club. The difference is they allow all players access to the benefits.

This could be crap or it could be because they have enough money to spread it around. The fact they have up and down years in Kentwell but remain a very strong club through the grades would suggest they are doing something right.

Yes, the Colleagues President is being a smartarse for sending it to everyone, but no more than St Pats having an interdivisional whinge.

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
"They are a very successful and wealthy Club. The difference is they allow all players access to the benefits"

The Bondi Tens provides them with $40,000 (minus a small donation to charity which they never disclose the $ value) to use for providing benefits to the whole club.

The Pats Pres is sending it to explain why they are not signing it. The Colleagues doodle is sending it to pronounce they are high & mighty.

Be careful what you wish for though Colleagues.....

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yes I've got not problem with his reply. Most clubs would kill to have the financial backing they have and be in a position to provide theirplayers with the support Colleagues appear to do.

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
St. Pats have a lot more money than Colleagues do, it's just that Pats would prefer it be spent on a 120kg 1st Grade centre than shouting some free strapping tape for the 4th Grade boys. It's a joke and I'm sure Pats have found out that they don't have any supporters in Subbies land. I think their blackmail attempt will backfire massively.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
"They are a very successful and wealthy Club. The difference is they allow all players access to the benefits"

The Bondi Tens provides them with $40,000 (minus a small donation to charity which they never disclose the $ value) to use for providing benefits to the whole club.

The Pats Pres is sending it to explain why they are not signing it. The Colleagues doodle is sending it to pronounce they are high & mighty.

Be careful what you wish for though Colleagues...

Hey Super Rugby,

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at with the Bondi 10's. As far as I'm aware, no club is under any obligation to give any money raised from rugby events to charity. Yes, Colleagues may only give a fraction of their earnings to charity, but at least it's something. There's a huge array of tournaments out there created for the sole benefit of the organising Club.

Don't get me wrong, Colleagues are rude, condecending, and regularly talk from where the sun doesn't shine. But they raise a lot of money (rightly or wrongly) for themselves and seem to spread it around the Club.

If they've done the wrong thing, I hope they get busted, I'm just not sure how they manage the Bondi 10's is part of the problem.

I'm not trying to be argumentative but you are alluding to something substantial, but more importantly, something that may have ramification for any club wanting to run a 7's, 10's, or any kind of gala day.

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
Rugby Central,

My point is that they have taken the high ground here & their President has pretended their "sh*t dont stank" when they are running a tournament called the "Bondi Tens Charity Rugby Tournament"

Nowhere does it say how much money from the +$40,000 they would raise goes towards charity. They say that $ from the party goes towards some charities but not a word from the entry fees. I agree that's their right.

Yet that $ which other clubs pay for teams to enter the Bondi 10's then goes into their coffers which allows them to give 'tape to 4th graders'

I am all for clubs running comps & raising $ but I think its pretty rich for them to then preach to other clubs about chosing where to spend their $.

The new Subbies rules will benefit Colleagues the most because they pick up the Easts players & have the biggest area of rich rugby playing school kids.

Hence why their merchant banker President is ccing all on emails about the common good.

Paul Bearer

Frank Row (1)
St. Pats have a lot more money than Colleagues do, it's just that Pats would prefer it be spent on a 120kg 1st Grade centre than shouting some free strapping tape for the 4th Grade boys. It's a joke and I'm sure Pats have found out that they don't have any supporters in Subbies land. I think their blackmail attempt will backfire massively.

No one likes St pats becasue you're all scared of St pats. FACT!

No one seems to be on balmains spending spree or drummoyne's. Is that maybe cause they failed in their bid to win a kentwell through spending thousands on players so they go under the rug? Or what about HH, Brothers, Frenchs Forest? 90% of Drummoyne and Balmains teams were OS players not 90% local talent like pats.

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
90% local talent like St Pats.

Paying #15 Liam Windon $450 a game to defect from Randwick to play for St Pats before he left for a professional contract in Spain hardly constitutes as local does it?

Paying #11/#15 Nick Reily $300 a game + $2,000 sign on to defect from Eastwood is hardly nurturing local talent is it?

Stealing then rep hooker Chad Maher from a fellow Subbies club Blacktown by paying him wads is hardly nurturing is it?

Paying #13 Damien Fakafanua $350 a game + a $2,000 sign on is hardly nurturing is it?

Enticing #5 James King & #8 Ruben Vito over from West Harbour etc etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.