• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Interesting, yet confusing gossip. Would love a confirm or deny. Hills have approached a number of players at other Div 2 Clubs.
1. Why would they after demolishing Div 3?
2. The rumour is brown paper bags were on offer.
3. Nobody currently in a Div 2 Clubs is anywhere near Yattenden Park

I have contacts at several of the Clubs mentioned and can't think of why it would happen. Anyone got further information?

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
Interesting, yet confusing gossip. Would love a confirm or deny. Hills have approached a number of players at other Div 2 Clubs.
1. Why would they after demolishing Div 3?
2. The rumour is brown paper bags were on offer.
3. Nobody currently in a Div 2 Clubs is anywhere near Yattenden Park

I have contacts at several of the Clubs mentioned and can't think of why it would happen. Anyone got further information?

Love the pattern of chat here on this forum:

Club performance goes up = "They must be paying people"
Club performance goes down = "They must have run into issues with paying people"

grobbo

Stan Wickham (3)
I still see Beecroft at TBC for 4th division. Will this be confirmed at the gradings meeting?

Yeah it's getting confirmed on Wednesday, there is a possibility that one of the under performing 4th div clubs from 2014 may be getting relegated, but at this stage it's looking like beecroft will be playing in 4th div

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Interesting that Beecroft are allowed to drop so far, but Campbelltown were pariahed in the same instance.

9 team 4th Division will suck though. Bye rounds always do.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Love the pattern of chat here on this forum:

Club performance goes up = "They must be paying people"
Club performance goes down = "They must have run into issues with paying people"

Hey Fkj,
I'm not making this up and I'm on the record as saying I think Hills will be there at the business end. This is why the rumour makes no sense. To me anyway. I'm curious as to what clubs have had players approached and why Hills would bother.
Hence the request for clarification from anyone on either side of this one.

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
Hey Fkj,
I'm not making this up and I'm on the record as saying I think Hills will be there at the business end. This is why the rumour makes no sense. To me anyway. I'm curious as to what clubs have had players approached and why Hills would bother.
Hence the request for clarification from anyone on either side of this one.
Obviously you have a source then for all these "rumours" right? Somehow I doubt that you're going to tell us who it is...

Looking back through this forum though, its very interesting that whenever "rumours" about many clubs come up, you're usually not too far away. I'm well aware that this sort of thing is part of the point of these forums and what keeps people coming back, but unless you're going to give people some kind of evidence for all the statements you make on here, then you're just going to start looking foolish...

Worry about your own club, make sure they're doing the right thing, before getting too worried about what the others are doing...

Hippononymous

Frank Row (1)
I have never read so much ridiculousness in my life. If clubs want to pay players, fine. If players are good enough, that clubs want to pay them- also fine. These players are sick of playing Shute shield but still want to play rugby and not train 3-4 times a week. To say that they aren't doing it "for the love of the game". Is f-ing stupid. Are you trying to tell me that you wouldn't accept payment to play subbies rugby? And to assume that all of them have huge egos is the best part. A lot of them have families, who want a bit of extra cash. Even uni students who accept it for the same reasons. It's jealous d*ck heads like some of the people on here who are ruining subbies rugby. We are seeing some of the best quality rugby this competition has ever seen! Jesus Christ, what more do you want?! Rant finished.

rbsubbies

Frank Row (1)
Hi All, first time poster on the forums, good to see plenty of people talking subbies. Just thought I'd make a post in relation to the Hills rumour - absolutely no truth in it. No recruitment and without a doubt no paying of players. I think you'll find the majority of the first grade team have been playing together for years and have been developed by the club since they were getting some hefty scorelines put on them a few season ago right up until taking out Div 3 last year. Hopefully another big year for the boys but it will all be on a salary cap of $0.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Obviously you have a source then for all these "rumours" right? Somehow I doubt that you're going to tell us who it is.

Looking back through this forum though, its very interesting that whenever "rumours" about many clubs come up, you're usually not too far away. I'm well aware that this sort of thing is part of the point of these forums and what keeps people coming back, but unless you're going to give people some kind of evidence for all the statements you make on here, then you're just going to start looking foolish.

Worry about your own club, make sure they're doing the right thing, before getting too worried about what the others are doing.

Hi Fkj,
I'm sorry for being a fool. Yes I heard something that would tarnish the reputation of a good club. I'm not the most connected, so if I've heard it then others would have. Rather than just go along with saying unnamed clubs are allegedly paying I ask the direct question directly of the local rugby community.

No, I'm not going to say who the sources are. Nobody would. I said the accusation was out there and asked for corroborating comments. Which rbsubbies has answered. Not just with a "no" but an explanation.

Here's the thing about Subbies, it's about the game. If clubs are doing things to tarnish it then it hurts. If club, like hills in this instance, are being accused of something, they deserve to know rumours are out there

I've played in several competitions around the world and believe Subbies is the best embodiment of what rugby should be. If I see or hear something I'll share it and trust the intelligence and integrity of the rugby community. But what would I know, I'm just a fool

grobbo

Stan Wickham (3)
For those who are interested in 4th div, at the divisional meeting last night the end result was that it's either going to be a 7, 8 or 9 team comp. rouse hill and Canterbury are waiting to find out if they have the numbers, beecroft is playing 4th div 100%

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
For those who are interested in 4th div, at the divisional meeting last night the end result was that it's either going to be a 7, 8 or 9 team comp. rouse hill and Canterbury are waiting to find out if they have the numbers, beecroft is playing 4th div 100%

Does that mean Div 5 would be reinstated?

If Beecroft can keep their 1st Grade side together they will dominate.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Have any clubs had any trials yet? Or know of up coming games?

Bobs are off to Bathurst this weekend for trial game (14th) and are playing Balmain on the 21st

From the Beecroft website:

14th March – Trial 1 vs Kings OB
21st March – Trial 2 vs Redfield OB or Mac Uni
28th March – Trial 3 vs Epping

I am sure most clubs have trial game details on their websites!

grobbo

Stan Wickham (3)
Covies are up against kings on and beecroft in a 3 way trail tomorrow

Peej

Allen Oxlade (6)
Any predictions for Div 1? Will St Pats maintain the dominance.... Will Drummoyne behave themselves? How will Brothers go now being up?

Whale berry

Larry Dwyer (12)
Any predictions for Div 1? Will St Pats maintain the dominance.. Will Drummoyne behave themselves? How will Brothers go now being up?

The div 1 outcome will be determined by the salary cap, i.e. who adheres to it, who doesn't and who gets busted.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A few posters are claiming that Shute Shield Colts player numbers are down at some clubs due to the increase in Colts numbers at Subbies Clubs.

Is that correct? Have the participant numbers in Subbies really grown that much that they are now threatening Shute Shield Colts particularly on the North Shore and Northern Beaches.

Peej

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well i know that colts numbers at old iggies have been anywhere from 30 to 40 for the last 5 years or so with a lot of guys coming to subbies for the extra year of colts with their mates and then they end up staying because they enjoy the environment and cant be bothered heading back to clubs which are attempting to run themselves as pro outfits. SS clubs are starting pre season a month after the gf now and a lot of guys cant be bothered with that

Status
Not open for further replies.