• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peej

Allen Oxlade (6)
True. Have heard the iggies one from Colts may be taken back as no punch thrown. Also the red cards are far more important to Drummoyne following previous seasons.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Interesting Div 2 results.

BOBs continue to firm as Barraclough favourites after destroying lowly Forest. HH have given Hills a Div 2 reality check, Lindfield have confirmed UNSW will struggle in 2015 and Newport put to the sword a determined Mountains.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Some very interesting results out of the weekend.

Well done to Blueys on their results against Newport. It has to be one of the longest bus trips in subbies history! Winning colts and 3rd grade and pushing them close in 1st grade. That is a great effort!

The St Pats results are very interesting. A lot of negative comments regarding Pats on here. It will be interesting to see how the season plays out.

Well done to BOBs on beating Forest. With both Craig Thomas and the division medal holder in Ryan Butcher in the opposition it was good to get the result!

I think subbies need to look at their grading processes how did they sanction Beecroft ending up in 4th div?

Seems like more pain for Briars on the weekend. Anyone got any inside knowledge there?

Wooly Mammoth

Frank Row (1)
Agree with regards to BOBs being Div 2 favourites, apparently the best part of their backline are paid Gordon rejects.

Are Balmain / Drummoyne still paying?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I think subbies need to look at their grading processes how did they sanction Beecroft ending up in 4th div?

Via the law of "Fuck The Smaller Clubs" that they seem to employ for everything else. Muppets.

Got the story about the Renegades v Irish game - going from my patchy memory:

Try by Irish was under advantage, but the bloke apparently knocked it on, so the ref went back for the penalty. Irish kicked it, but somehow it was given as a conversion. Bit of confusion there.

Renegades got three yellow cards:

- one for a winger being offside (team was on a warning)
- one when a player was tackled, but the Irish tackler wouldn't release, so in the act of trying to free his arms he apparently elbowed someone
- one when the Renegades captain asked for a bit of consistency in the refereeing early in the second half - ref starts yelling "are you calling me a cheat?" and then cards him.

Once the guy stopped to tie his boots, ref lost his rag, started yelling and swearing about "I don't need to come all the way out here for this bullshit!" and walks away.

Touch Judge shrugged.

Both parties agree no niggle no bullshit going on. Ref just lost it.

Rouse Hill will put in a request they never get that ref again.

Irish will put in a request to get the result looked at. Not sure if they have a case, given that they were three men up and still couldn't take advantage. Rouse Hill would have been back to full strength within a few minutes of the stoppage, with 25 minutes to go.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Agree with regards to BOBs being Div 2 favourites, apparently the best part of their backline are paid Gordon rejects.

Are Balmain / Drummoyne still paying?

Don't know where you got your info, but the backline from the weekend included 4 or 5 former BOBs colts players.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
DIV 2 tips
Breakers by 3 over HH
Mountains by 20 over Hills
Forest by 10 over UNSW
BOBs by 20+ over Lindfield.

Word is both UNSW & Newport smashed by early season injuries.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pfitzy do you think anyone will get near Beecroft in 1st grade in 2015?

I thought Harlequins might but with half of 1st Grade missing, tough ask.

Beecroft just dusted Irish in all three grades with a combined total of 100-10 (Irish 2nd Grade got the 10, 1s and 3s = goose eggs)

Maybe on the return match, Harlequins could travel there and give them some curry, but jeez I doubt it. They'll win 1sts at a canter, having scored 229 and conceded 14 (7 points to Briars, 7 to Harlequins; both sides conceded over 60).

Maybe 2s (126-20) as well once we hit qualification period and they start spreading their talent. Too fit and organised I reckon.

We missed them due to wet weather, so that will be the long weekend game for us I suppose - which will suck because no doubt a bunch of our guys will be away. Hopefully a lot of the Beecroft blokes go skiing or something.

Rouse Hill travelled to Convicts and took winning bonus points in all three games. Also lined up 4th Grade against Easts' 5th Grade and got pipped, which wasn't a bad effort given 10 blokes didn't show up across the lower three grades. 2nds and 3rds apparently should have won by more.

Early days but signs are good. Club is healthier than I've ever seen it. We've got Macquarie University this weekend and I reckon we can probably get them as well - or at least we should.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
No one will get close to Beecroft certainly in firsts this season they are too well drilled. Dropping from Kentwell to Div 4 is a huge drop and you can see it. Possession and territory was even-ish from what I hear about the first grade game on Saturday but the quality of defense won the day for Beecroft. They might get a few close games in seconds and thirds but then their organization, fitness and depth will just be too good I think. I would be surprised if they give up a losing bonus point in any grade this season.

grobbo

Stan Wickham (3)
Maybe on the return match, Harlequins could travel there and give them some curry, but jeez I doubt it. They'll win 1sts at a canter, having scored 229 and conceded 14 (7 points to Briars, 7 to Harlequins; both sides conceded over 60).

beecroft only play harlequins once this season. Along with, rouse hill, Mac uni and briars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy James

Frank Row (1)
Another website error where Hunters Hill list Darren Firmin on the wing in their defeat of Newport on Saturday, but someone else was playing. This Rugby Link website does funny things.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
beecroft only play harlequins once this season. Along with, rouse hill, Mac uni and briars

I had wondered why the season looked a bit short for a 10-team comp.

They should have fucking forced Beecroft up and let KOBS or Hawkesbury down. Letting one club drop that far is utter incompetence.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Can anyone tell me - is the June Long Weekend set aside for Wet Weather? I see that June 27 and July 18 are blank on the draw.

Seagull Butler

Chris McKivat (8)
Another website error where Hunters Hill list Darren Firmin on the wing in their defeat of Newport on Saturday, but someone else was playing. This Rugby Link website does funny things.

You're a dead set goose. That's a nice passive-aggressive suggestion of cheating. Team played as named but after an early injury to one of our centres, we bought on a replacement to the wing and played Shaka in the centres. Come over to my house and I'll show you the video mate.

Jimmy James

Frank Row (1)
Woah easy tiger, I didn't use the c-word.

As inviting as it sounds I don't think there's a need need for me to visit your lovely home. We live in the age of the Information Superhighway, and you have a video of the game. You can just post a portion of it online, or even a screengrab, and I will be exposed as the goose I am.

When you prove me wrong I promise to all that I will retract my statement and apologise for any accidental shame or accusations of cheating that may unintentionally have been implied against Hunters Hill.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Bobs won a deferred colts game last night 8-5 vs UNSW. It will be interesting to see how the colts go with a trip up the mountains this weekend against tough opposition

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Woah easy tiger, I didn't use the c-word.

As inviting as it sounds I don't think there's a need need for me to visit your lovely home. We live in the age of the Information Superhighway, and you have a video of the game. You can just post a portion of it online, or even a screengrab, and I will be exposed as the goose I am.

When you prove me wrong I promise to all that I will retract my statement and apologise for any accidental shame or accusations of cheating that may unintentionally have been implied against Hunters Hill.

Looks like we may have a whistle blower within HH. Spill the beans. Who's Darren Firmin when he's at home anyway?

Jimmy James

Frank Row (1)
It's not about Shaka (Darren Firmin). He's a good footballer and by all accounts a great guy.

I'm just curious why he's listed as playing when he wasn't on the field.

Of course if I'm wrong the video evidence from Seagull Butler will prove that and I will apologise.

Status
Not open for further replies.