• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
They should have just allowed the match to be replayed. In whats turning into a really tight division Subbies shouldn't allow a teams season to be decided by a refs temper tantrum

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
So fucking get this: Rouse Hill have been docked two points they got for the draw against Irish, for "causing abandonment of match."

But at the same time, they've dumped that ref altogether because he's fucking useless.

What a crock of shit. Pushes our Firsts back to 5th place.

Apparently Irish sent in an 8-page legal declaration ;) to try and get the points. Well, Subbies took the low road, and no-one gained.
Might need to use a bit of that new coach's tag line for your club NGU. Wonder where he got that from????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Side-bar: I'm actually coming to Rouse Hill with Harlequins this weekend, following a storming mid-season return to 3rd grade 4th division subbies rugby after a lengthy retirement in order to provide depth to the ABs in a world cup year. I'm the balding, doughy flanker if you fancy a beer.

I'll be the one yelling at our second grade team to get off their arses and help their mate. Will get there in time to watch a bit of thirsty thirds go around.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
They should have just allowed the match to be replayed. In whats turning into a really tight division Subbies shouldn't allow a teams season to be decided by a refs temper tantrum

Certainly, positions 2-4 are going to be tightly contested with what I consider a shortened season. Anyone who has to play Beecroft twice is going to be under the pump.

We're also down a game in First Grade due to the incomplete run against Merrylands. Not sure when we get to replay that one. Better tee it up soon or we'll have to squeeze it in on a Sunday, which is so unpopular an option I've never had to do it in the years I've been involved in Subbies.

We had the same ref in question last year against Rockdale who called off the game 20 minutes into the match. We were awarded the points because we were 5-0 up at the time.

Which is completely incorrect: you cannot have a result to the game unless you've reached half time.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, Rouse Hill did themselves no favours in the lower grades today against Sydney Harlequins. Thirds went down in the last quarter, conceding 4 quick tries. Seconds again failed to play a decent first half, and paid for it despite a strong finish 19-12, though a draw would have probably been a fair result. Firsts were losing badly when I left at halftime, so that could go any way (EDIT: lost by a point).

Disappointing for us that so many players didn't turn up on the day, but when dickheads want to watch State of ORRRRJN instead of fucking train, that's what you get.

Guddy

Frank Row (1)
So fucking get this: Rouse Hill have been docked two points they got for the draw against Irish, for "causing abandonment of match."

But at the same time, they've dumped that ref altogether because he's fucking useless.

What a crock of shit. Pushes our Firsts back to 5th place.

Apparently Irish sent in an 8-page legal declaration ;) to try and get the points. Well, Subbies took the low road, and no-one gained.

Hard for us to comment if we do not know the circumstances. Can you or a Irish player suggest what happened? While i will not defend that referee, there must be some thinking behind his decision.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Irish had bonus point wins in firsts and seconds over Convicts. Missing a few so was good to get some wins.

Convicts didn't field a 3rd grade so there was an impromptu Halligan gane against Colleagues 5s which has gone down on the Subbies website as a Walker Cup game. Convicts trying a sly one possibly?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hard for us to comment if we do not know the circumstances. Can you or a Irish player suggest what happened? While i will not defend that referee, there must be some thinking behind his decision.
I believe at that point there were yellow cards awarded to Rouse Hill, and one of them was even genuine for a team warning.

But to call a game off, and accuse a player of "not complying" when he was tying shoelaces before a scrum, renders the referee's decisions up that point invalid. He has a history of this.

It's disappointing that it came to this, given both Irish and Rouse Hill were in agreement at the ground that the game was otherwise fine and player in good faith. Now we have a protest being launched and points being deducted because if a nothing reason.

Game should have been left as it was - a draw - by the competition rules laid down by the governing union - or replayed.

Guddy

Frank Row (1)
I believe at that point there were yellow cards awarded to Rouse Hill, and one of them was even genuine for a team warning.

But to call a game off, and accuse a player of "not complying" when he was tying shoelaces before a scrum, renders the referee's decisions up that point invalid. He has a history of this.

It's disappointing that it came to this, given both Irish and Rouse Hill were in agreement at the ground that the game was otherwise fine and player in good faith. Now we have a protest being launched and points being deducted because if a nothing reason.

Game should have been left as it was - a draw - by the competition rules laid down by the governing union - or replayed.

So your all standing by a scrum, sometimes tying his shoelaces and the referee blows it up and sais RH are not complying with the game. Regardless of if it was tactical, that is obscene.

But surely something is missing there. The yellow cards must of been bad for the ref to get that? Was there referee abuse or several fights where the referee feared for safety?

Guddy

Frank Row (1)
Irish had bonus point wins in firsts and seconds over Convicts. Missing a few so was good to get some wins.

Convicts didn't field a 3rd grade so there was an impromptu Halligan gane against Colleagues 5s which has gone down on the Subbies website as a Walker Cup game. Convicts trying a sly one possibly?

They are actually the same club so unfortunately you lost. Hogwosh but i dont think you can do a thing about it

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So your all standing by a scrum, sometimes tying his shoelaces and the referee blows it up and sais RH are not complying with the game. Regardless of if it was tactical, that is obscene.

But surely something is missing there. The yellow cards must of been bad for the ref to get that? Was there referee abuse or several fights where the referee feared for safety?

No fights - no abuse.

But if its a case of the ref calling off that other game between The Vales and Rockdale after 20 minutes, I'd say he's had a bad experience with Islander or Maori teams in the past.

mous

Frank Nicholson (4)
Which is completely incorrect: you cannot have a result to the game unless you've reached half time.

That is how it went down by Subbies. I would have contacted Subbies for a 'please explain' if I were Rockdale at the time too.

No fights - no abuse.

But if its a case of the ref calling off that other game between The Vales and Rockdale after 20 minutes, I'd say he's had a bad experience with Islander or Maori teams in the past.

Must have been a bad experience of some sort. The Vales & Rockdale match had no yellow/red cards or warnings at all.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
End of round 1.....what do we know.

DIV 1. Premierships are no longer up for sale. Clearly the new subbies amateur rules are having an impact. 2015 see's Balmain & Drummoyne looking the goods and the battle is on between Iggies and Brothers for the spoon.

DIV 2. BOBs have had a cracking start but history says they'll need to overcome their traditional 2nd round fade away. Hunters Hill appear the most eager for a return to Div 1. Newport & UNSW sit bottom of the CC table but suspect Rd 2 turnarounds and am tipping Hills to finish with the spoon.

DIV 3. Can anyone stop UWSH. I think the transition of having an extra team will hurt Redfield in round 2 when injuries mount and there players need to back up in lower grades. Sadly it looks like Hawkesbury Valley will struggle to regroup but lets hope Im wrong. Sad also to see the once mighty KOBS struggling but Im sure they can survive.

DIV 4. The return of Beecroft. The rise up the Div's doesnt look like it will take too long for this former Div 1 heavyweight. The Convicts on the other end of the spectrum will struggle to finish the season supplying two grades. sad also to see the once mighty Briars fighting the good fight for survival.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I'm going to post this one up in a couple of threads, as I think it will be a great annual event - Shute finishes earlier now to fit in the NRC;

There maybe allot of players still wanting to run around.Or it maybe an end of season tour / - not a bad place for a tour.
  • Interested clubs?
  • The NRC clubs may field a team (Fringe players)?
  • There maybe NSW subbies rep side or 2?
manlysevens@manlyrugby.com.au

7s.jpg

mous

Frank Nicholson (4)
Wow! Beecroft took their first loss of the year across all grades in Division 4, going down in First Grade 38-28 against Canterbury. Must have been a cracker of a game! Would like to hear a match summary from whoever was in attendance.

grobbo

Stan Wickham (3)
Wow! Beecroft took their first loss of the year across all grades in Division 4, going down in First Grade 38-28 against Canterbury. Must have been a cracker of a game! Would like to hear a match summary from whoever was in attendance.

Yeah Canterbury got over us in first grade today, hard fought game, they just seemed to be more committed and motivated around the park. And a few mistakes from the crofty boys. Can't take anything away from Canterbury though, those boys played well today. though beecroft 2nds got up 47-3 and thirds also got up ( unsure of score but it was 4 try's to 1)

mous

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yeah Canterbury got over us in first grade today, hard fought game, they just seemed to be more committed and motivated around the park. And a few mistakes from the crofty boys. Can't take anything away from Canterbury though, those boys played well today. though beecroft 2nds got up 47-3 and thirds also got up ( unsure of score but it was 4 try's to 1)

Both parties would be eager for the return clash at home to Canterbury in Round 13. Props to you guys for going undefeated in the season across all grades for a good portion of the season. No easy feat!

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Balmain scored the first 4 tries against Mosman to lead 24-3 but Mosman were able to steal a 29 all draw which included 2 late Mosman tries.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Renegades once again their own worst enemies at Briars this weekend, losing all three grades, picking up a bonus point in the lower two.

Having to rearrange 2nd grade after three First Grade backs didn't show was not helpful, and I've made my thoughts known.

However, we got no reward for a dominant scrum in 2nd grade, and in the dying minutes wheeled Briars so hard through 90 that it was more like 180, but the ref let play continue

Status
Not open for further replies.