• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
8ac5430fb44673c12627e715bc7b6d48.jpg

Colleagues first grade team sheet from yesterday's game. Not any notable names that I can see (other than for those in the know with Subbies players)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Angus McGregor played 14 first grade games for Sydney Uni last year
James Kennelly played 1's & 2's for Sydney Uni.

International is 2014 US Eagles Captain Toby Lestrange: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toby_L'Estrange

Just did a bit of research:

angus McGregor played 13 for colleagues 2nd grade in 2015 grand final; also colleagues 1st grade beat and fairest 2013....

Perhaps a different guy you are referring to.

According to his Wikipedia profile, Toby L'Estrange didn't play professional rugby last year, so no foul there. Although he did play one test.

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
Apologies Prodigy I meant to say James McMahon not Angus McGregor.

McMahon = NRC Stars 2014, Uni 1st grade 2015, Colleagues 2016.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Does anyone know what the rules are regarding uploading team sheets?

Do you have to do it?

We're a bit concerned that we may tipping our upcoming opponents into who is getting our tries, when other sides appear to be making no effort to upload teams.

There's some massive scores getting run up early and knowing 'player x got 4 tries on the weekend' might be helpful info.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)

Do you have to do it?

We're a bit concerned that we may tipping our upcoming opponents into who is getting our tries, when other sides appear to be making no effort to upload teams.

There's some massive scores getting run up early and knowing 'player x got 4 tries on the weekend' might be helpful info.

Clubs get a little leeway at he start of the year but all team sheets are supposed to be uploaded correctly by Tuesday following the game.

Clubs are supposed to be fined when they breach this.

I think it is like the integrity commission finding the paid players, everyone can see who isn't doing the right thing but they are only interested in punishing those who won't hurt the 'greater good'.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

Do you have to do it?

If other sides in your division aren't updating their sheets, tell Subbies repeatedly that they're not complying with Competition Rules.

Tactically it's good to know who the danger men in the opposition are, but I'd rather concentrate on my team's performance.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
A mate of mine who plays for Waverley says they have recruited very well and have their sights set on Div 1. They put a lot of effort into building a great club culture, even if it does have tinges of arrogance.

Waverley juggernaut continues although they did lose their 1st game of the year in colts on Saturday. Apparently they have a former Welsh international in the front row that gives them a great platform. I'll be interested to see how they are placed after the 1st round with HH, Forest and Mountains still to come.

thetraitor

Chris McKivat (8)
Clubs get a little leeway at he start of the year but all team sheets are supposed to be uploaded correctly by Tuesday following the game.

Clubs are supposed to be fined when they breach this.

Unless I'm missing something UNSW and Newport haven't uploaded any this season.

C

cheekymonkey

Waverley juggernaut continues although they did lose their 1st game of the year in colts on Saturday. Apparently they have a former Welsh international in the front row that gives them a great platform. I'll be interested to see how they are placed after the 1st round with HH, Forest and Mountains still to come.

I believe he played for them last season too. I think they have a bunch of handy players from the UK in the forward pack.

In the lower grades, there are a lot of old boys from Waverley college playing, my mate being one of them.

Impressive to see Colleagues fielding eight teams, not including the two Convicts sides.

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
Yeah he's been playing there for a couple of years now, and if I'm not mistaken is also 1st grade coach - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Evans

If that's the case wouldn't he be the only coach in the top 3 Divisions that doesn't get paid?

Cause if he did get paid he couldn't play for them as well as he'd be a professional wouldn't he?

I'd be surprised if the other Div 2 teams turned a blind eye to another case of the 'Pierre Hola rule' based on Subbies stipulations this year.

thetraitor

Chris McKivat (8)
If that's the case wouldn't he be the only coach in the top 3 Divisions that doesn't get paid?

Cause if he did get paid he couldn't play for them as well as he'd be a professional wouldn't he?

I'd be surprised if the other Div 2 teams turned a blind eye to another case of the 'Pierre Hola rule' based on Subbies stipulations this year.

No idea, but I don't think Waverley would risk that. I actually don't know first-hand if he's the head coach, I've just heard that from mates at Waverley.

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)

Think you might be greatly overstating the amount of head coaches in subbies getting paid....even in the top divisions

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
Think you might be greatly overstating the amount of head coaches in subbies getting paid..even in the top divisions

I would suspect that every coach in the top 3 Divisions gets a minimum of $2k for the Season. Even if he got paid $500 hed be professional.

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
Jesus that is a big statement @Sackrobbie

What type of money do you think clubs have at their disposal? that statement is blown way out of proportion because in Div 3 do you really think the likes of Kings, Oatley, Iggies are paying coaches? if they are id be asking for their money back

Div 1 & 2 would be a different story but I certainly don't think that there would be that amount of money being thrown around for a coach unless they are taking a hit out of match day funds earnt in bbqs and canteen

Can think of 3 Clubs across Div 2 and 3 they don't pay coaches and never have

Ben Evans has been around at Waverley since 2014 when their 1st grade played in the grand final and were knocked off by Hills

He is not only head coach of Waverely but also Scrum Coach down at Parra Two Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.