• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

laura.ainslie

Peter Burge (5)
One of the cards was for dissent too according to the app.

Looks like a couple of judiciary appointments coming.

The 2 x YC for dissent was 3rd man in for both Merrylands and Lane Cove, who were trying to stop something blowing out of proportion. Nothing nasty there.

The red was a bad situation, which will be dealt with.

Match wasn’t ill-tempered at all. It was a good, tough match. The app rarely depicts a game properly.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
One of the cards was for dissent too according to the app.

Looks like a couple of judiciary appointments coming.

For the red, yes. For the yellow - well it would have to be a post-match citing and I think that's unlikely.

C

cheekymonkey

The 2 x YC for dissent was 3rd man in for both Merrylands and Lane Cove, who were trying to stop something blowing out of proportion. Nothing nasty there.

The red was a bad situation, which will be dealt with.

Match wasn’t ill-tempered at all. It was a good, tough match. The app rarely depicts a game properly.

Bad situation?

Bernie

Allen Oxlade (6)
As a player who was on the field for Lane Cove during this game I agree with the past few posts of Laura and will also let the judiciary do its job.

Bernie

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just noticed that the Division 2-6 Grand Finals are on the 18th August. Same date as Bledisloe at Homebush...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Just noticed that the Division 2-6 Grand Finals are on the 18th August. Same date as Bledisloe at Homebush.

I believe something similarly stupid happened last year.

"Hi! We're Rugby Australia and we don't give a fuck about your sponsor pub! Come to Bledisloe!"

"PLEEEEEEEEZE!"

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Once again some cracking game to come this weekend before the bye!

Div 2 we have Forest vs Blueys. This will be a cracking game, I expect Forest to get up in this one!
Div 2 Hills vs Pats will be a cracker with both teams desperate to stay in the top 4

Div 3 HV vs Redfield. Ladies day and Back to Hawkesbury day. HV will be fired up at home. Will Redfield bounce back in this one?
Div 3 Newport vs HAC. How will HAC travel???? Its a long trip!
Div 3 Brothers VS Iggies 4th vs 5th. This could determine who gets 4th spot

Div 4: The top four all playing each other should be great!

Div 5: Menai vs Merrylands. I imagine there will be lots of big collisions in this one!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Div 5: Menai vs Merrylands. I imagine there will be lots of big collisions in this one!

Menai looking for payback no doubt after a close loss in round 1 .

Should be two grades of big lads smacking into each other at Barden Ridge.

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
Div. 1
Hunters Hill v Drummoyne- HH will be happy after notching up their first win of the season last week, but they face a much tougher task this week in the Dirty Reds, ill be backing the Dirty reds in this fixture
Petersham v Balmain- Surprise result the shammies drawing last start against Drummoyne and Balmain dropping the fixture to HH. Ill back Petersham to bounce back after a few lean weeks
Mosman v Colleagues- this will be a close old encounter. Thinking Mosman will get home in this one based off form
Waverley v Knox- This will be match of the round for mine in Div. 1, two teams that are showing form and have knocked off big name sides in the past few weeks. this will come right down to the wire. Ill go with Waverley at Home

Div. 2
Forest v Blue Mountains- Match of the Round in Div 2- 1 v 3. 2 Big physical sides that will look to head into the break with a lot of momentum. Forest have proven that when the basics are done right the rest will follow. Mountains have a lot of class across the board and can strike and put on good performance at a drop of a hat. This will be close but ill go Forest to keep their undefeated streak going
Hills v St Pats- Another cracker in Div 2 this weekend. both sides coming off tight wins v Epping and Beecroft respectively. Pats will be a much bigger pack and their set piece as it has all season will be dominant and Hills will look to use their potent backline and their young pack to run the big boys around. Ill back Hills this week purely on the basis of being at home
Lindfield v UNSW- Lindfield had a toured time last week v Mountains at Half Time trailing 47-3 and although they'll get some respite with a smaller UNSW team but the meant from Daceyville are on a roll despite going down to Forest last week and will knock off Lindfield away this week
Beecroft v Epping- Upset of the round will happen this week. Beecroft to knock off Epping at Headen Park of Ladies Day/Old Boys day. Have showed improvement as a club and will be pumped on a big day for the club

Div. 3
St Ives v BOBs- Watch out for a cricket score here, Bobs way too classy and strong across the board in all grades. BOBs 40+
Valley v Redfield- Valley will be happy to be back at home after being on the road for 2 weeks but don't think its going to help them get them get home in this fixture. Redfield by 30+
Newport v HAC- Will be interested too see how HAC travel here, not notorious for being the greatest travelling club, still think they will get over the line in this one
Brothers v Iggies- This will be a much more interesting fixture compared to earlier on in the season with brothers at home I reckon they will get home here against the inconsistent Iggis outfit

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
DIV 1
WAVERLEY vs Knobs – thinking two weeks back to back against the big boys may have knocked little Knobs around so will go with the home side on a cold and windy Waverley oval.
PETERSHAM vs Balmain – Shammies to bounce back and steady the ship after some mid session form issues
Hunters Vs DRUMMOYNE - Against the odds win last start for Hunters will lift moral but dirty reds to crush some dreams.
MOSMAN vs Colleagues - Whales at home at Rawson to be too strong for the tossers from the east.

DIV 2
FOREST vs Mountains – Wow there will be some niggle here!! Will be a cracker game and will go with the home team but it’s a massive toss up. 1 point in it is the tip.
HILLS vs St Pats – Again another bruising encounter awaits with both sides having plenty to play for. Hills at home might just sneak over the line.
LINDFIELD vs Unsw – Old soldier to register their 1st win of the season against an injury hit UNSW.
Beecroft vs EPPING – Will go with the RAMS who will have this one pencilled in as a must win if they are to make the semis.

DIV 3
St Ives vs BOBS – Div 3 really is the haves and have nots. BOBs are the haves and will win this by 60+. Saints will be glad to be home but two weeks out west will have grippled what player numbers they had.
Hawkesbury Valley vs REDFIELD – Will be a close hit out with ROBs running away with it in the last 20.
BROTHERS vs Iggies – I think the new Brothers side will have too much size and just enough firepower to see of Iggies whom will be carrying brusies from last weeks mauling.
Newport vs HAC – HAC first visit to Porters and a messy bus trip awaits. I see a comfortable win here in front of a massive Newport crowd boosted by a 140 strong ladies day contingent.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Div 4:
OATLEY v Mac Uni - rogered last week away by Quins, Oatley will be fired up at home
Sydney Irish v BLACKTOWN - I fancy the Warriors here. Irish had a shoddy loss to Briars after the bye.
Canterbury v SYDNEY HARLEQUINS - visitors to get up on the back of some momentum

Div 5:
MANLY SAVERS v Rouse Hill - we're packing a handy team but Savers at home on their Sponsors Day might just have too much
LANE COVE v Maccabi - Covies to have a big day.
MENAI v Merrylands - depends if the Second Grade game goes ahead. Merrylands might have the numbers if so.
Dukes v Convicts - postponed due to Bingham Cup.

Div 6:
CHATSWOOD v Collaroy - both teams coming off a handy win. Might just go Chatswood at home.
ENGADINE v Burraneer - home side ran the Sea Lice close last week before a late finish. Backing them to step up.
Dundas Valley v NORTH CRONULLA - no contest. If it even goes ahead.
WAKEHURST v Dee Why - there probably isn't a lot between the home side in 4th place and Dee Why in 7th, but its enough.

meatpie

Herbert Moran (7)
St Ives vs BOBS: back to St Ives day will mean we won’t see a HAC like scoreline but if BOBs backs are on...lookout. Bobs by 25+ against a determined St Ives.
Valley vs REDFIELD: I expect a close game then some may think. An improving Valley but ROBs to scrap by. Redfield by 10.
BROTHERS vs Iggies: a resurgent Brothers Making a 2017 surge. Brother by 7
Newport vs HAC: would be a cricket score if at HAC. Newport will be up and about on ladies day with a vocal crowd. HAC by 30

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Interesting results in DiV 3 with Valley pumpimg Redfield. I was at Porters to see HAC put away Newport. Newport were gallant and HAC knew they’d had a game but size and skill too much for the small Breakers outfit. A great crowd was on hand and both clubs ripped in at the after match speeches drinking to club dry. Subbies rugby at its best.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Savers win it on the bell with a dropgoal 13-10. We really should have wrapped it up before then, having been held up twice, then failing to execute our scrums after. Savers scored a try after we conceded five penalties in a row so only ourselves to blame.

Dundas: two red cards. Surely they're toast now? I hear that, in addition to the two official forfeits, they had to quit against Wakehurst with 10 on the field and while that's a result IF you reach half time, it's not a good look

Sydney Rugby Fan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Savers win it on the bell with a dropgoal 13-10. We really should have wrapped it up before then, having been held up twice, then failing to execute our scrums after. Savers scored a try after we conceded five penalties in a row so only ourselves to blame.

Dundas: two red cards. Surely they're toast now? I hear that, in addition to the two official forfeits, they had to quit against Wakehurst with 10 on the field and while that's a result IF you reach half time, it's not a good look

Did you put the boots on yesterday Pfitzy?

The fuseapp doesn't state there were 2 x RC against Dundas... however the reason why is that there isn't a team sheet submitted by Dundas!

The Subbies rule states that if you have less than 11 players - regardless if it is before or during the game - then it is a forfeit (so no need to reach halftime for the result to stand)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Did you put the boots on yesterday Pfitzy?

Yep.

My steel cap boots to run the flag. ;)

The fuseapp doesn't state there were 2 x RC against Dundas.

Go into North Cronulla's scoresheet on the app. It's there

EDIT:

34176576_10155672182759952_229394216164261888_n.png

Sydney Rugby Fan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yep.

My steel cap boots to run the flag. ;)

Go into North Cronulla's scoresheet on the app. It's there

EDIT:

34176576_10155672182759952_229394216164261888_n.png

oh dear....
These two players will be heading off to the judiciary on Wednesday evening, and as it is striking (i.e. - punching) they will have a few weeks off depending on the severity of the charge.
DV have Collaroy in 2 x weeks time - I sense another forfeit will be on the cards...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hearing that 1st Grade between Blacktown and Irish was abandoned due to a serious neck injury to the Irish full back.

He's since been given the all clear so thank fuck for that

Status
Not open for further replies.