• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Hearing that 1st Grade between Blacktown and Irish was abandoned due to a serious neck injury to the Irish full back.

He's since been given the all clear so thank fuck for that

Yes indeed. Hope he makes a full recovery.

meatpie

Herbert Moran (7)
Jeez whats happening at St Ives? leaked 300 points against BOBS across the grades.

Saints 7 - BOBS 112.....didnt see a belting to that extent, especially at home and back to St Ives day. I believe Saints will bounce back off the back of a strong history/volunteer base. Lets hope they do! They are proud club and key breeding ground for juniors. Cling on this season and find a quality coach to help guide the rebuild for next year.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Needed that one.

Especially with Wakehurst winning.

Hopefully Burra can do us a favour and beat them in 2 weeks so we can reel them when we play them.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Needed that one.

Especially with Wakehurst winning.

Hopefully Burra can do us a favour and beat them in 2 weeks so we can reel them when we play them.

Nice work mate - honestly didn't pick that one but looked close. Weather play a part at all?

The Real Big Bopper

Allen Oxlade (6)
Div 2 is really shaping up for a salivating final 6 rounds in all grades...

All away teams winning in 1st grade with the biggest margin only being UNSW by 12 points against Lindfield in last place. Also Forest recording their first loss.

I hope we haven't missed the boat in the race to the finals because I think we're just about to get it right.... that being said, imagine copping Forest after their first loss. Better get our shit together

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Nice work mate - honestly didn't pick that one but looked close. Weather play a part at all?

Nah I wouldn't say weather. Our ground runs downhill(to the south) so quite often the winds going one way and the downhill is going the other.

So many times I've seen us with a lead after running uphill in the first half only to get run down.

Nearly happened again yesterday. We were up 13-6, and the got to 14-13 with 5 to go, we got a penalty and kicked in on the bell.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Saints 7 - BOBS 112...didnt see a belting to that extent, especially at home and back to St Ives day. I believe Saints will bounce back off the back of a strong history/volunteer base. Lets hope they do! They are proud club and key breeding ground for juniors. Cling on this season and find a quality coach to help guide the rebuild for next year.

My understanding was the Saints head coach quit the club early February to go and coach at Penrith. You would have thought with Saints struggling for numbers why he couldn’t have encouraged some of them to St Ives. If Brothers convinced a mini bus full of emus to travel to Roseville you’d think 25 min closer Hassell park may have been an option?

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Congrats on the win on Saturday!

Yeah Forest are going to be pumped for the next match at Sommerville. You better make sure the locals are firing on the hill!

Div 2 is really shaping up for a salivating final 6 rounds in all grades.

All away teams winning in 1st grade with the biggest margin only being UNSW by 12 points against Lindfield in last place. Also Forest recording their first loss.

I hope we haven't missed the boat in the race to the finals because I think we're just about to get it right.. that being said, imagine copping Forest after their first loss. Better get our shit together

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Happy for BOBs, but at the same time a bit of a worry for Saints.

They are a very proud club and have some great history.

I wonder if they finish bottom of club champs whether a stint in 4th Div will help them? I know Beecroft bounced back straight away, but it certainly hasn't helped Briars.

Can wait for the BOBs HAC clash at Turramurra in 3 weeks. We have 3 home games in a row at home which is nice but a bit of joke at the same time! In those three weeks we also play Brothers. This will be an interesting clash to see how they have turned their season around or not.

Saints 7 - BOBS 112...didnt see a belting to that extent, especially at home and back to St Ives day. I believe Saints will bounce back off the back of a strong history/volunteer base. Lets hope they do! They are proud club and key breeding ground for juniors. Cling on this season and find a quality coach to help guide the rebuild for next year.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I wonder if they finish bottom of club champs whether a stint in 4th Div will help them? I know Beecroft bounced back straight away, but it certainly hasn't helped Briars.

Beecroft were allowed to drop essentially three teams in one hit by dropping three divisions. That has to make you stronger and their 2015 clean sweep showed it.

Briars haven't been allowed that. In fact nobody else has that I can recall in the last decade. Nothing like a few trophies to sort you out.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
DIV 3 Half Season Wrap

BOBS:
Pros – Dream start to 50th year celebrations sitting number 1 across 1s, 3s and colts and 2nd in 2s. Appearing to have player depth as far as the eye can see and should be everywhere come Grand Final day. You would think a real chance for the quadrella? Four of six at home so will be all but unbeatable.

Cons – Notoriously poor late season finishes whom always lose momentum after the June long weekend. This year will player depth help them lift, surely!
Verdict – this year they are the real deal and anything other than a minimum two Premierships would be a failure + all but guaranteed a DIV 2 spot should they want to go up.

HAC:
Pros – Strong 1s and 2s who have topped up with a handful of handy Emus.
Cons - No club depth. Colts and 3s are rubbish and if encounter any injuries could become vulnerable.
Verdict - Should make an impact finals time in the higher grades.

REDFIELD:
Pros – Plenty of numbersand a young skilful player base.
Cons – tough trip home with away games against HAC, BOBS and Iggies.
Verdict – no reason why they cannot have all teams in the semis from here but cannot see a Premiership for them this year.

IGGIES:
Pros – a club with a history of getting it together come finals time.
Cons – appear to be in rebuilding phaseafter some retirements.
Verdict – will be around in lower grades and colts come finals time.

Newport:
Pros – Strong colts squad laying a solid future foundation. Will come home strong with favourable back half draw.
Cons – Similar to Iggies, rebuilding 1st grade with no real size across the grades.
Verdict – Expect their lower grades and colts to be there or thereabouts come GF time.

Brothers
Pros – Have managed to revive their 1st grade side by attracting faraway talent mid-season yet again.
Cons – Have zero depth and it appears the colts who shouldered the early season burden of backing up game after game have hit a form or injury slump.
Verdict – think their 1s might sneak into semis but will be 1st out.

Hawkesbury Valley
Pros – have plenty of big boppas and win over ROBs makes them chance at 1st semis.
Cons – have 4 of 6 away.
Verdict - 4th grade might make an appearance come semi’s time and 1s might surprise the world.

St Ives
Pros – Proud club doing all they can to see the season through
Cons – Too many to list but hope they can overcome them
Verdict – Will be a sign of their resilience and courage if they can see the season out without forfeiting a grade.

Finals Predictions
1st grade BOBs beating HAC
2nd grade HAC beating Newport
Colts BOBS beating Newport
3rd Grade BOBs beating Newport

meatpie

Herbert Moran (7)
DIV 3 Half Season Wrap

BOBS:
Pros – Dream start to 50th year celebrations sitting number 1 across 1s, 3s and colts and 2nd in 2s. Appearing to have player depth as far as the eye can see and should be everywhere come Grand Final day. You would think a real chance for the quadrella? Four of six at home so will be all but unbeatable.

Cons – Notoriously poor late season finishes whom always lose momentum after the June long weekend. This year will player depth help them lift, surely!
Verdict – this year they are the real deal and anything other than a minimum two Premierships would be a failure + all but guaranteed a DIV 2 spot should they want to go up.

HAC:
Pros – Strong 1s and 2s who have topped up with a handful of handy Emus.
Cons - No club depth. Colts and 3s are rubbish and if encounter any injuries could become vulnerable.
Verdict - Should make an impact finals time in the higher grades.

REDFIELD:
Pros – Plenty of numbersand a young skilful player base.
Cons – tough trip home with away games against HAC, BOBS and Iggies.
Verdict – no reason why they cannot have all teams in the semis from here but cannot see a Premiership for them this year.

IGGIES:
Pros – a club with a history of getting it together come finals time.
Cons – appear to be in rebuilding phaseafter some retirements.
Verdict – will be around in lower grades and colts come finals time.

Newport:
Pros – Strong colts squad laying a solid future foundation. Will come home strong with favourable back half draw.
Cons – Similar to Iggies, rebuilding 1st grade with no real size across the grades.
Verdict – Expect their lower grades and colts to be there or thereabouts come GF time.

Brothers
Pros – Have managed to revive their 1st grade side by attracting faraway talent mid-season yet again.
Cons – Have zero depth and it appears the colts who shouldered the early season burden of backing up game after game have hit a form or injury slump.
Verdict – think their 1s might sneak into semis but will be 1st out.

Hawkesbury Valley
Pros – have plenty of big boppas and win over ROBs makes them chance at 1st semis.
Cons – have 4 of 6 away.
Verdict - 4th grade might make an appearance come semi’s time and 1s might surprise the world.

St Ives
Pros – Proud club doing all they can to see the season through
Cons – Too many to list but hope they can overcome them
Verdict – Will be a sign of their resilience and courage if they can see the season out without forfeiting a grade.

Finals Predictions
1st grade BOBs beating HAC
2nd grade HAC beating Newport
Colts BOBS beating Newport
3rd Grade BOBs beating Newport

Great Summation HeavyD! Nothing to add really but I would have HAC over BOBs in the GF. The big indication will be how BOBs bounce back after this break....HAC very strong in 1s and have proven they will travel in top grade. Brothers my smokey to upset a few in the second half of the season.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Bobs targeting the iggies at home match for 50th birthday / old boys day. Expecting a big turnout.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Great Summation HeavyD! Nothing to add really but I would have HAC over BOBs in the GF. The big indication will be how BOBs bounce back after this break..HAC very strong in 1s and have proven they will travel in top grade. Brothers my smokey to upset a few in the second half of the season.

Cheers meatpie! However as a brothers player I'd say we've got a long way to go if we're going to make the top 4. Agreed, HAC far and away the best side in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Cheers meatpie! However as a brothers player I'd say we've got a long way to go if we're going to make the top 4. Agreed, HAC far and away the best side in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their #8 is one of ours.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
This weeks Manly daily reports "Forest players could barely recognise any Blue Mountains players they confronted only a few weeks ago in round one when Penrith was still playing Shute shield" "And boisterous and disrespectful Blue Mountains fans did not exactly do their club proud" LOL Sounds like some fair and balanced reporting from the club still seething about being beaten in 1s, 2s and 3s on the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.