• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2019

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Two truths and a lie.

1) 3rd div club seriously worried about player retention after last season that they've contacted "selected" players offering free rego. Only issue is, other players have got wind and are blowing up, only furthering the overall numbers concern.

2) Div 1 club fostering relationship with shute club because of shared sponsor. Shute club trying to get colts players to experience grade style physicality.

3) Large group of div 2 club's players ready to leave due to exiting coaching staff. Players not happy with club management.

1) could be saints.. I've heard numbers are looking very very dire unfortunately. Also hearing they are unlikely to get a start in div 3 and that Blacktown are very keen to come up and look a much stronger prospect in subbies eyes.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Good that Blacktown is pushing Colts. I'd heard they were struggling to get the quantities they needed for U21 a couple of weeks back, but the catchment is there.

IMHO you really need a minimum of 25 guys, and 8 of them front rowers.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Two truths and a lie.

1) 3rd div club seriously worried about player retention after last season that they've contacted "selected" players offering free rego. Only issue is, other players have got wind and are blowing up, only furthering the overall numbers concern.

2) Div 1 club fostering relationship with shute club because of shared sponsor. Shute club trying to get colts players to experience grade style physicality.

3) Large group of div 2 club's players ready to leave due to exiting coaching staff. Players not happy with club management.

Ok I’ll play.

1. I think they are all struggling so could be all of them.

2. Dirty Reds and West Harbour

3. Epping

footy_footy

Herbert Moran (7)

Not St Pats, same coaching team as last year, strong player retention from 2018 and good numbers thus far at pre season with no hint of dissatisfaction with the club management who's been there for years.

Doubt West Harbour would be in a position to let colts play grade anywhere. They struggled to field two colts teams last year and from all reports its looking rather grim for their colts in 2019.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Because the people respond. The forum isn't just for rant and rave about rego fees and council dramas.

The gossip is juicy and so are the mangoes that I'll suck dry this afternoon

Do you actually ever confirm anything or just throw shit out there?

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Ok I’ll play.

1. I think they are all struggling so could be all of them.

2. Dirty Reds and West Harbour

3. Epping

3 is just too generic to be true. Although they're equally potentially all BS. Fairly certain Saints out B-town in 3rd div too.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Have a look at the definition of rumour.

I'm like an ape, I'll fling my shit all over the place and it's pretty likely to stick to one of you peasants

This forum is really going downhill.... bring back the good old days of comparing newport to the handicapped...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, the Renegades have their trials locked in for preseason, starting with the Indianna Challenge Trophy:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...h/news-story/5cc2523a19f6091b67509910e271476a

Yeah its behind a paywall, but basically this year we're moving our major charity day to preseason to ensure that Dukes and Renegades get a decent prep time and no external factors from the season. Also makes promoting it a bit easier.

The goal this year is $10K for Starlight Room after $6500 was raised last year in Round 7.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Any word on the grape vine of any stars turning out in subbies in 2019?

I kind of miss the old days when guys like Will Brame would come down for a final run before retirement.

Any subbies club willing to give Hayne a run? I have heard he's training with Eastwood, could be a handy 15 or 12 for a subbies club!

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)

I kind of miss the old days when guys like Will Brame would come down for a final run before retirement.

Any subbies club willing to give Hayne a run? I have heard he's training with Eastwood, could be a handy 15 or 12 for a subbies club!

Considering he was a professional footballer last year, with the rules as they are now, I doubt anyone would get a dispensation for him.

Seagull Butler

Chris McKivat (8)
Considering he was a professional footballer last year, with the rules as they are now, I doubt anyone would get a dispensation for him.

Technically he should be fine as he wasn't a professional Rugby Union player in last 2 years & hadn't played NRC or Shute last year.
The only issue would be the overseas player transfer I guess as he last played rugby for Fiji?

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)

Do you know what he has been charged with? I will be disgusted if any team let him play.