• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2019

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
If you ever needed proof that everything I write is bullshit, then there it is above.

I have no idea what games were played today and what weren't. NFI about wet weather rounds and catch up games etc etc.

Who actually played today?

Newport vs Brothers wet weather round.

1st 47-26
2nd 95-0
3rds 90-0
Colts forefeit

Sets up enormous clash across the grades when Breakers host Redfield at Porters next week. 2 points between them in club champs.
Newport guaranteed all sides in semis with two rounds to go.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Newport vs Brothers wet weather round.

1st 47-26
2nd 95-0
3rds 90-0
Colts

Sets up enormous clash across the grades when Breakers host Redfield at Porters next week. 2 points between them in club champs.
Newport guaranteed all sides in semis with two rounds to go.

Just landed back on Sydney to see this horrifying result. I was eyeing off a premiership after last week.

Not sure what the fuck has gone on looking as Fusesport.. last weeks team wins quite comfortably today. That is the frustration of playing for brothers. hopefully we get relegated so we can regroup

Congrats to Newport. I reckon they might sneak into the GF

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Just landed back on Sydney to see this horrifying result. I was eyeing off a premiership after last week.

Not sure what the fuck has gone on looking as Fusesport.. last weeks team wins quite comfortably today. That is the frustration of playing for brothers. hopefully we get relegated so we can regroup

Congrats to Newport. I reckon they might sneak into the GF

We are certainly building at the right time of the season. We had you 40-7 and you had a couple of injuries with no obvious bench ready to go. So end fight back from your boys was pretty solid. Looks like you’ve lost one of your Fijian backs for the season, collarbone.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Yeah and we had 3 of the Fijian boys out today already. 9 11 and 14. I also missed not that I'd've made a difference but those boys for sure.

Our usual number 8 played halfback, a position he has never played.

Didn't watch today but played redfield last week and they are not a good side.. you should do them

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Covies raced out to 24-0

We bitched their forwards to get back to 24-17 and camped in their 22.

Three calls by the ref turned it back their way.

If a few of our younger blokes had actually fucking shown up, that game was ours.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
We are certainly building at the right time of the season. We had you 40-7 and you had a couple of injuries with no obvious bench ready to go. So end fight back from your boys was pretty solid. Looks like you’ve lost one of your Fijian backs for the season, collarbone.

Rumour has it an ambulance was called for a Newport spectator on Saturday at Roseville? You all good heavyD?

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Away for the week so putting the tips in early.

Div 1
Colleagues vs WAVES - Go to go with the eastern suburbs battlers over their tosser counterparts.
MOSMAN vs Petersham - All conquering Whales to give Shammies a touch up
Balmain vs KNOBS - The Colleagues of the north to murder the neutered wolves.
Mountains vs DRUMMOYNE - The visitors to eventually bash the mountain men into submission in a war of attrition.

Div 2
Bobs vs HH - The week off wont do many favours to clubs out of contention. Suggest BOBs are one of them so HH by plenty.
Lindfield vs FOREST - Old Soldier to give it a red hot go but Forest to take the bickies. Forest will throw next weeks game against BOBS to avoid winning Club CHamps.
Unsw vs ST PATS - College is in but it wont help the Uni with St PATS demolition the only outcome.
HILLs vs Epping - A real tussle here with Epping looking to stay in the DIv 2 fight next year. HILLS in the end by 7

Div 3
BROTHERS vs Valley - This will be an interesting day with both clubs waiting until 2.59pm Friday afternoon in a game of bluff to who will forefeit which grades. Players tell me HV struggled for numbers at home a couple of weeks ago against Newport so god knows how they'll fair getting them to Roseville. BROTHERS by 80+
NEWPORT v Robs - Sponsor and Broken Breaker day at Porters for this mouth waterer and with the RATS away and 2 points in it for the club championship race this promises to be 100 caser for sure. Will go with the Breakers not to disappoint the big home crowd in a high scoring try fest.
BLACKTOWN vs Hac - This could be 80+
Iggies vs BEECROFT - Keep an eye on this one heavyb as this is my tip of the year. Beercroft to crush Iggies semi final hopes with half of Iggies 1st grade running around in 3rd grade..

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
HILLs vs Epping - A real tussle here with Epping looking to stay in the DIv 2 fight next year. HILLS in the end by 7

Match of the day will be Halligan Cup @ 10AM Hills Old Boys versus Renegades Mixed Bunch.

Get to Yattenden to see Pfitzy look like a goose.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Away for the week so putting the tips in early.

Iggies vs BEECROFT - Keep an eye on this one heavyb as this is my tip of the year. Beercroft to crush Iggies semi final hopes with half of Iggies 1st grade running around in 3rd grade..

Not getting too excited. Would still need Valley to beat Iggies next week which is unlikely. Agree Beecroft not the worst side, lost a lot of closish ones this year, they never get blown off the park.

footy_footy

Herbert Moran (7)
The club championship battle really heats up at the top for Div 2 and Div 3.

In Div 2 it looks HH and Forest look to battle it out both coming up against BOBs and Lindfield in the last 2 rounds. Forest with the narrowest of leads and IMO are the stronger club but do they harbour any ambition to join div 1? Whether or not they'd 'take it easy' for one of the last few games is an interesting one as a top 2 spot is up for grabs in 1st Grade, there 2nd grade should finish 2nd but it's not guaranteed plus their colts will be looking to maintain their undefeated season. There is no doubt the top 2 finish has its benefits. I'm tipping Forest to take it out and give div 1 a crack next year.

Div 3 is a two horse race also. By the look of the draw, my tip is Newport to come home strong. Fortunately or unfortunately, ROBS playing Blacktown in the last round should see them in div 3 for another year. I'm unsure ROBS would be able to cope in Div 2 with 4 grades & colts so would only be a short stay if they did get promoted. HeavyD, does Newport want to get promoted??

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
It will also be interesting to see what subbies want to do if BOBS finish above Epping in the Div 2 club champs. Obviously we have not been able to field a 4th grade side this season. Does this mean we automatically get dropped? If we do does anybody want to take our place? I know in the past that Redfield have declined to move up.

Also St Pats have two away trips but UNSW and Epping give them a good chance to win 1st grade both weeks and push for club championship glory!

It could also be interesting to see what happens with Balmain. If they are struggling to get teams on the park maybe they will do a Beecroft/Iggies and fall multiple divisions?

The club championship battle really heats up at the top for Div 2 and Div 3.

In Div 2 it looks HH and Forest look to battle it out both coming up against BOBs and Lindfield in the last 2 rounds. Forest with the narrowest of leads and IMO are the stronger club but do they harbour any ambition to join div 1? Whether or not they'd 'take it easy' for one of the last few games is an interesting one as a top 2 spot is up for grabs in 1st Grade, there 2nd grade should finish 2nd but it's not guaranteed plus their colts will be looking to maintain their undefeated season. There is no doubt the top 2 finish has its benefits. I'm tipping Forest to take it out and give div 1 a crack next year.

Div 3 is a two horse race also. By the look of the draw, my tip is Newport to come home strong. Fortunately or unfortunately, ROBS playing Blacktown in the last round should see them in div 3 for another year. I'm unsure ROBS would be able to cope in Div 2 with 4 grades & colts so would only be a short stay if they did get promoted. HeavyD, does Newport want to get promoted??

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
It will also be interesting to see what subbies want to do if BOBS finish above Epping in the Div 2 club champs. Obviously we have not been able to field a 4th grade side this season. Does this mean we automatically get dropped? If we do does anybody want to take our place? I know in the past that Redfield have declined to move up.

Also St Pats have two away trips but UNSW and Epping give them a good chance to win 1st grade both weeks and push for club championship glory!

It could also be interesting to see what happens with Balmain. If they are struggling to get teams on the park maybe they will do a Beecroft/Iggies and fall multiple divisions?

Very interesting to see what happens next year. Realistically can't see any of the div 3 clubs having the depth or strength to move up. I don't think Epping or Bobs have the depth or strength to be there anyway and then Balmain are probably also div 3 candidates at the moment. I think we may see the top 3 divisions merge into 2.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Balmain are cooked. Will they even bother next year? If so can they guarantee better than 4th Div? HH to go up I think, and the comp restricted to 4 Grade + Colts.

BOBs won't want to move down, but quite frankly if they're not going to field 4s then they're the most likely candidate. Epping will make a call I guess. Newport to go up I reckon, the rest to stay as-is

Div 1: Blue Mountains, Colleagues, Drummoyne, Hunters Hill, Knox, Mosman, Petersham, Waverley

Div 2: BOBs, Epping, Forest, Hills, Lindfield, Newport, St Pats, UNSW

The rest - questions should be asked of Brothers staying where they are. I know Valley haven't had a great run this year, but they've been in Div 3 for ages and is it a question of numbers for them? HAC are struggling as well. The problem for a lot of clubs is Colts, but that is what Radford Cup is for. Maybe it is time for Division 3 to take a hit in order to help Division 4?

Div 3: Beecroft, Blacktown, HAC, Hawkesbury Valley, Old Iggies, ROBs

Div 4: Balmain, Briars, Brothers, Canterbury, Mac Uni, Saints, SydQuins, SydIrish

Div 5: Burraneer, Convicts, Engadine, Kings OB, Menai, Oatley, Raptors, Sea Lice

Div 6: Chatswood, Dukes, Lane Cove, Maccabi, Savers, Merrylands, Renegades, Wakehurst

Unknowns: Dee Why, Terrey Hills, Dundas.

The bottom 2 could change depending on numbers. Certainly with what I'm hearing about our new ground setup - courtesy of the NRL - we will be recruiting hard and pushing to get Juniors moving again.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Balmain are cooked. Will they even bother next year? If so can they guarantee better than 4th Div? HH to go up I think, and the comp restricted to 4 Grade + Colts.

BOBs won't want to move down, but quite frankly if they're not going to field 4s then they're the most likely candidate. Epping will make a call I guess. Newport to go up I reckon, the rest to stay as-is

Div 1: Blue Mountains, Colleagues, Drummoyne, Hunters Hill, Knox, Mosman, Petersham, Waverley

Div 2: BOBs, Epping, Forest, Hills, Lindfield, Newport, St Pats, UNSW

The rest - questions should be asked of Brothers staying where they are. I know Valley haven't had a great run this year, but they've been in Div 3 for ages and is it a question of numbers for them? HAC are struggling as well. The problem for a lot of clubs is Colts, but that is what Radford Cup is for. Maybe it is time for Division 3 to take a hit in order to help Division 4?

Div 3: Beecroft, Blacktown, HAC, Hawkesbury Valley, Old Iggies, ROBs

Div 4: Balmain, Briars, Brothers, Canterbury, Mac Uni, Saints, SydQuins, SydIrish

Div 5: Burraneer, Convicts, Engadine, Kings OB, Menai, Oatley, Raptors, Sea Lice

Div 6: Chatswood, Dukes, Lane Cove, Maccabi, Savers, Merrylands, Renegades, Wakehurst

Unknowns: Dee Why, Terrey Hills, Dundas.

The bottom 2 could change depending on numbers. Certainly with what I'm hearing about our new ground setup - courtesy of the NRL - we will be recruiting hard and pushing to get Juniors moving again.

6 team division 3 won't happen. Brothers should go down, I think that's quite obvious to all even coming from a Brothers player. It's a no brainer, poor old 2's haven't won a game in 2 years. It's cruel on those blokes. With our 1's team I'd like to think we'd be a shot at a title in div 4, without being an expert on the standard. Question is where does that leave div 3. I know we had a look at and discussed going down this year but subbies were pushing us to stay. I'm no expert on the div 4 clubs but surely Canterbury or Quins would be a better option than us and potentially Valley or HAC. I know there is colts but the lower div 3 teams struggle with colts most of the time anyway...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
6 team division 3 won't happen.

I agree but maybe it just should because Div 4 has been a shit pit for troubled souls the last few years, and the attempt to shift Saints down and Merrylands up helped not a whit.

No easy answers.

Rumour Ronald

Herbert Moran (7)
Rumour Ronald McDonald, putting the pickle in your smelly old cheeseburger.

I'm being environmentally friendly this week and recycling my tips from last week

Div6 - Savers, Raptors, Covites
Div5 - Dukes, Lions, Burra
Div4 - Uni, Irish, Briars, Quinns
Div3 - Bros, Robbos, Brownies, Iggy pop
Div2 - Humpers Hill, Lindfield Daaaahhhhling, Saint Patrice, Eeeeeeeping
Div1 - Waves, Whales, Wnox, Wirty Weds

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
From what I understand Newport are 50/50 about going up. My view is they would be crazy not to as DIV 3 is essentially a western Syd comp with all games bar 1 well over an hour away. Better to go up and get BOBs, Lindfield and maybe Forest back.
They would be in a similar boat to BOBs around not fielding a 4th grade though.

Word from Forest is they are almost resigned to winning CC and going up.