• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2019

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
I'm with Tommy on this one. ROBs have been great for Subbies rugby, and I like the style of rugby they play. Who cares if you wake up sore, or not, after playing them - there should be more clubs like them in Subbies Rugby.

After seeing both teams 'up close' this season, I reckon it will be ROBs vs Blacktown in the GF, with the ROBs lads to get the trophy.

Jeez, why is everyone so precious? Never said clubs like Redfield aren't great for subbies. Clubs like Redfield ARE great for the game and they seem like really nice blokes too.... Just scratching my head trying to marry up the form because the team I've played twice this year ain't that good. Just don't see how they've beaten Blacktown and pretty much flogged Newport.

Maybe I'm just jealous, my club is going backwards faster than a Redfield scrum ;)

Rumour Ronald

Herbert Moran (7)
Honestly in shock at that result HeavyD. Its always funny how different clubs match up against one another I guess. No matter how well they're going, we definitely have the wood on Redfield. They don't like playing us at all, particularly our Fijian brothers.

As a result, I just don't see how they are a good side and win these games. On the other hand, I rated Newport when I played them. This result pretty much ensures Redfield v Blacktown GF. Iggies have shown they can beat Redfield, however I can't see Iggies beating Newport first.

Me no understand... 11 from 13 nearly 400+ doesn't seem like a fluke

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190808-065604_Fusesport Rugby.jpg
    Screenshot_20190808-065604_Fusesport Rugby.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 213

Singas Rugby Fan

Frank Row (1)
Im with heavyB. Played against ROBS many a time and gotta say they are my favourite team to play against and I am flabbergasted they beat the teams they do

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Im with heavyB. Played against ROBS many a time and gotta say they are my favourite team to play against and I am flabbergasted they beat the teams they do

Thank you mate. The skipper is the one and only ball runner and if you get up and whack him they have zero go forward. They were honestly losing yards with the pill against us. Its all side to side, block play, block play rubbish.

They concede penalty tries from scrums on the regular and they also remain the only team I've ever played who have gone uncontested in 1st grade from kickoff...

I'm not saying we are great - we're shit and getting deservedly relegated (long overdue), but we can beat ROBs while teams better than us can't?

Maybe its a size thing. From memory, (although not this year) the other team that has success against them against form is Valley who have a few big boppers.

Maybe they also don't rate us so they try and run the ball where they may kick against better sides, because they do have a very good kicking game.

Blacktown for the win this week, surrrrrrely. Let the madness end.

I honestly need a headcheck, can't believe I've just posted a tactical analysis of div 3 subbies. Is anyone hiring?

The Sydney Rugby Ref

Stan Wickham (3)
Blacktown for the win this week, surrrrrrely. Let the madness end.

And the way Blacktown play the game, they will be their own worst enemy...

1. They give away too many penalties for high tackles/ shoulder charges..
  2. They always whinge and complain about every decision that goes against them during a game...
  3. They have a coach (who claims to be an ex-referee!) yelling all sorts of rubbish from the sidelines to referees about point 1 and 2 above...
  4. They PK/ FK will seriously mount against them, and they will leak more points and field position...
They will implode, and will totally lose the plot as the finals series refs will not put up with that rubbish.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
And the way Blacktown play the game, they will be their own worst enemy.

1. They give away too many penalties for high tackles/ shoulder charges..
  2. They always whinge and complain about every decision that goes against them during a game.
  3. They have a coach (who claims to be an ex-referee!) yelling all sorts of rubbish from the sidelines to referees about point 1 and 2 above.
  4. They PK/ FK will seriously mount against them, and they will leak more points and field position.
They will implode, and will totally lose the plot as the finals series refs will not put up with that rubbish.

Wow. A pretty concerning statement if you're an active subbies ref. I guess its subbies though, who cares at the end of the day..

I'm with Bandar, pre conceptions do greatly affect the game sometimes unfortunately.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
HeavyB how are Brothers looking for tomorrow?

Mate, I won't lie, not real crash hot.. I assume you're from Beecroft.

I'm not sure whether we've forfeited games as yet (I assume 3's we have already) but wouldn't be surprised if we only end up playing 1 game being 1st grade and that side will probably get beaten handsomely as it'll be a 50/50 combination of our 1's with a healthy sprinkling of our 2's side that has now gone 2 seasons without a win.

Combination of many factors. Last game, away... no side with anything to gain. Even 1's will come 5th regardless. We actually fielded 4 sides last weekend at home on vets day and I think that wrapped up the season for a lot of the boys.

I've carrying a niggle myself so I'm 50/50 at best for a game that means fuck all to be honest.

Even if we won 1st grade tomorrow it probably wouldn't be enough to lift us above Valley on CC, which is a good thing, we need to go down.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
We have had our share of weird refs.

Pre-game a few years ago, one ref came up to our forwards and basically warned all the Islanders and Maori that he wouldn't put up with any of their shit.

A couple of weeks back, I was told by a ref that I couldn't report foul play despite advising him I'm badged.

Another time, the ref didn't take our subs cards for injured players.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
We have had our share of weird refs.

Pre-game a few years ago, one ref came up to our forwards and basically warned all the Islanders and Maori that he wouldn't put up with any of their shit.

A couple of weeks back, I was told by a ref that I couldn't report foul play despite advising him I'm badged.

Another time, the ref didn't take our subs cards for injured players.

Our 2nd grade was literally told by a referee a few weeks back that "if I hear anyone shout knock on when there has been a knock on, I'll let it go"... what kind of moorrrrrrrron does that?

The Islander thing is something I can see as well. I've said many times our Fijian lads get carded for tackles I wouldn't be carded for. Whether its intentional or not, it happens. Maybe because they just hit so hard it looks spectacular.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Jeez, no wonder subbies is going to hell in a handbasket.

There is a fair bit wrong with that whole thing, I'm not quite sure where to begin.

I only hope that your account is a bit of a joke account (much like mine is) and that you are not actually in charge of rugby matches.

However, your profile suggests that you have been "Refereeing in Sydney - Junior schools and Seniors since 2004", which is really pretty worrying. Hopefully you're no longer refereeing children with attitudes like that, or at least hopefully none of those children are non-white.

I'll be the first to admit I'm a bit of a dick on here and can overstep the mark (mainly for a laugh), but you sir, actually seem like a pretty bad person.

I hope you enjoy feeling all important with your whistle on Saturdays.

Rumour Ronald

Herbert Moran (7)
Colleagues, Waves, Reds, Whales, Hills, Forest, Hunters, Epping, Iggies, Redfield, Beecroft, Newport, Cantebury, Oatley, Irish, Quinns, Burra, Lice, Lions, Renegades, Raptors, Shatswoo