• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2022

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hopefully they turn up like that when we play them this week at Merrylands should be an absolute cracker in both games

Yeah I wish I could be there but we've got a big finish against Savers coming up - Old Boys Day in memory of one of our guys who passed away a couple of years back. We're also having Cultural Day to celebrate all the Pasifika, Maori, and Indigenous boys at our club.

Should be a good day despite a few showers in the weather forecast hope it blows away by then...

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'm hearing whispers of an unsavoury incident that occurred after full-time of 1st Grade between Hunters Hill & Drummoyne a few weekends ago. Things became physical between Hunters Hill coaches and some Drummoyne players/supporters - management at Hunters Hill none too pleased with the conduct of all involved.

Eastcoast, can you shed any light on this?
Not my place to discuss this one. Best to leave this be.

Results went as they should over the weekend in Div 1. Interesting to see Waverley could only put up 28 points against a depleted Knox side. Would be happy to keep a clean sheet though. Waverley may be the ones taking home Kentwell. So big

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I'm hearing whispers of an unsavoury incident that occurred after full-time of 1st Grade between Hunters Hill & Drummoyne a few weekends ago. Things became physical between Hunters Hill coaches and some Drummoyne players/supporters - management at Hunters Hill none too pleased with the conduct of all involved.

Eastcoast, can you shed any light on this?
Dirty Red Wags causing more mischief?

Uzi1989

Stan Wickham (3)
Yeah I wish I could be there but we've got a big finish against Savers coming up - Old Boys Day in memory of one of our guys who passed away a couple of years back. We're also having Cultural Day to celebrate all the Pasifika, Maori, and Indigenous boys at our club.

Should be a good day despite a few showers in the weather forecast hope it blows away by then...
Oh good luck with the cultural day so good hopefully you can get it done without any rain or little rain oh no sorry to hear about the guy passing away a few years ago should be a fantastic day for you and the club

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Div 2 the run home

1st grade
HV 54
Newport 50
UNSW 46
Lindfield 46
Hills 37

Huge clash this weekend with Hills facing a must win clash over UNSW to keep their season alive. A victory see’s them up against Beecroft for a last round throw of the dice.

Lindfield vs Newport is the other mouth watering head to head with the Breakers keen to keep their minor premiership hopes alive which would see a last round show down with premiership favourites HV.

2nd grade
Lindfield 57
UNSW 44
Newport 44
HV 40
Hills 38

These UNSW vs Hills and Newport vs Lindfield encounters are shaping up as consequential to the semi’s. Again Hills must win to keep their hopes alive and a win here almost guarantees them a finals berth with Newport facing a tough run home against Lindfield and HV.

Colts
Lindfield 54
Newport 48
Hills 39
Easts 38
HV 35

Old Soldier park will be packed to the rafters as Newport and Lindfield again face of in a top of the table. Lindfield are red hot and have only lost one game (to Newport) all season. Easts & Hills should win their last two games with bonus points so looks like HV will miss out. Breakers need to secure a bonus point in either this weekend or HV clash to secure the major semi.

3rds
Newport 44
Lindfield 44
Hills 41
HV 35
Epping 30
UNSW 29 (34 Game up their sleeve)

Different grade, same result. Must win clash for UNSW over Hills. No one stacks lower grades better than the mighty UNSW so can see them sneaking in to semi’s and then winning from 4th.

This Breakers/Lindfield fixture all day will be top quality and crucial for the overall make up of who gets major or minor semi’s. The crowd will be enormous! UNSW vs Hills will also be a monumental clash with every grade crucial to the make up fo the semis.

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Wasn't it a forfeit?
Yes.....

1659919319945.png

Sorry Pfitzy - You are one of the good guys on here

BJT

Frank Nicholson (4)
Div 2 the run home

1st grade
HV 54
Newport 50
UNSW 46
Lindfield 46
Hills 37

Huge clash this weekend with Hills facing a must win clash over UNSW to keep their season alive. A victory see’s them up against Beecroft for a last round throw of the dice.

Lindfield vs Newport is the other mouth watering head to head with the Breakers keen to keep their minor premiership hopes alive which would see a last round show down with premiership favourites HV.

2nd grade
Lindfield 57
UNSW 44
Newport 44
HV 40
Hills 38

These UNSW vs Hills and Newport vs Lindfield encounters are shaping up as consequential to the semi’s. Again Hills must win to keep their hopes alive and a win here almost guarantees them a finals berth with Newport facing a tough run home against Lindfield and HV.

Colts
Lindfield 54
Newport 48
Hills 39
Easts 38
HV 35

Old Soldier park will be packed to the rafters as Newport and Lindfield again face of in a top of the table. Lindfield are red hot and have only lost one game (to Newport) all season. Easts & Hills should win their last two games with bonus points so looks like HV will miss out. Breakers need to secure a bonus point in either this weekend or HV clash to secure the major semi.

3rds
Newport 44
Lindfield 44
Hills 41
HV 35
Epping 30
UNSW 29 (34 Game up their sleeve)

Different grade, same result. Must win clash for UNSW over Hills. No one stacks lower grades better than the mighty UNSW so can see them sneaking in to semi’s and then winning from 4th.

This Breakers/Lindfield fixture all day will be top quality and crucial for the overall make up of who gets major or minor semi’s. The crowd will be enormous! UNSW vs Hills will also be a monumental clash with every grade crucial to the make up fo the semis.
Its a 6 team finals series.....

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Its a 6 team finals series.....
Are you serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So everyone gets a medal? What a joke.

BJT

Frank Nicholson (4)
Are you serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So everyone gets a medal? What a joke.
It was put in place when the comp was 12 teams, can't change it now....

Subbies Standout

Frank Row (1)
Not my place to discuss this one. Best to leave this be.

Results went as they should over the weekend in Div 1. Interesting to see Waverley could only put up 28 points against a depleted Knox side. Would be happy to keep a clean sheet though. Waverley may be the ones taking home Kentwell. So big
I think HH can give Waverley a good run for their money, was only 20-12 few weeks back before the game was called off. HH also had their 2 key centres missing and no.8, arguably their 3 best players

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
It was put in place when the comp was 12 teams, can't change it now....
Lol Ok well ignore my finals analysis as I hadnt included teams that are getting belted by 40 points week in week out as semi finalists.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
With three rounds still remaining, it will be interesting to see how many games (per grade) Knox will forfeit

For their own sake, and if they still have desires to remain in Div 1 next season, it would be best that they dont forfeit any...
My understanding is they already know they are DIv 2 bound next year. Only question is who will be joining them. Forest, Mountains, Drummoyne or Petersham. No one up from Div2and two down from Div 1.

Div 1 & 2 are 8 teams next year.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Div 4 Part 1 coming into the last round has a couple of positions to sort out:

McClean Cup minor premiers are Sydney Harbour - 8 point gap with a game to go, undefeated, and only missing the 4-try BP against Savers on a very small Lyne Park and Epping on the plastic during a very wet day.

Savers and Epping are level on 55 points, but Savers have more wins. You'd back the men in black to beat Renegades this weekend but we've got Old Boys Day planned, and a few returning from work, family, or disciplinary duties so maybe we can do the Rams a favour? :)

Of course, Epping still have to overcome Merrylands at Holroyd. The Wolves are not able to better their current 4th spot, tho they may lose it to Redfield who have HAC at the College (weather permitting).

Mac Uni have 6th spot at the minimum. They could go into 5th if Redfield lose, but will probably look to get some minutes in against Chatswood and prep for Epping or Savers in week 1 of the finals.

Everyone else is playing for fun.