• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2024

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Prodigy, Do you reckon the RAMs will be in a position to run a 4s at Porters next week? I think they are planning on running colts at 3.15pm to give the boys the spot light.
Mate, we are very much hoping to. We’ll get in contact with your lads soon.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Div 2

Newport vs Briars: Newport flying high and undefeated across the grades. They've had a softer start draw wise with Beecroft, UNSW and Hills so Briars represents a step up this week. A soggy encounter awaits and it will come down to who plays wet weather footy the best. Breakers have quiet a few injuries across the grades but have solid depth. Newport tough at home, will go with them by 3 in a nailbiter.

UNSW vs Petersham:
MOTR I know its only round 4 but this is a must win if UNSW want to play finals footy. With St Pats and Briars to come the students need to register a win. Petersham well rested, 1-1 so far will be fresh and I think to strong and win by 7.

Ref_Ted

Sydney Middleton (9)
With the weather the way it is in Sydney and it being a wet weather round for Subbies, I thought I would take the opportunity to head to Central West. I will be refereeing the Cootamundra Tricolours vs Harden Red Devils. Should be a great day being Ladies Day and all.
The weather forecast is for rain :confused: of course.
Next time maybe Western Plains Rugby.

TheBigArvo

Sydney Middleton (9)
Early morning closure has forced the cancellation of Mosman Lindfield, not to many games still going ahead in this weather. I hope Heavy D has his wet weather gear on. Could be a wild one at Porters today.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So at this stage the only games going ahead in Subbies:

Hunters Hill v Colleagues
Newport v Briars
HVRU v Oysters (R2)
Chatswood v Redfield (Headen)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hunters Hill were playing some of their games on Boronia #2 - all those look to be postponed now.

Games on Boronia #3 still going ahead

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I was wondering about that one. Any idea on what it means Pfitzy? I assume one side has chosen to forfeit, though you’d assume they’d put it in the app as that?

Kings tell me it was a decision to cancel that game and play for double points next time under 10.1.5

1715385146040.png

TheBigArvo

Sydney Middleton (9)
Kings tell me it was a decision to cancel that game and play for double points next time under 10.1.5

View attachment 18829
I thought Subbies weren’t keen on double points, but some astute knowledge of the rules over at wakehurst/kings. Wondering if there will be some other clubs interested in taking this option in the lower divisions as the prospect of mid week games become more likely.

Pfitzy suprised no one wanted use of the field of dreams or are you guys closed as well in this weather?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pfitzy suprised no one wanted use of the field of dreams or are you guys closed as well in this weather?

We share it with a Rugby league club who are scheduled to play on it today.

Additionally, there is some construction happening in the precinct, and Eels have stated only resident clubs are to play there for the time being.

We did have Barker v Harlequins there a couple of years back so we're not against it, but getting volunteers down on the day is a challenge if we're scheduled somewhere else or not at all

TheBigArvo

Sydney Middleton (9)
So at this stage the only games going ahead in Subbies:

Hunters Hill v Colleagues
Newport v Briars
HVRU v Oysters (R2)
Chatswood v Redfield (Headen)
Chatswood Redfield now canceled as well.
Only full set of games on either side of Sydney at Windsor and Newport. Hunters must have some big pull with council to get something on in this weather