• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2024

anaLYST666

Frank Row (1)
Good to see UNSW getting a taste of karma this year after a few years of questionable selection strategies and ethics
Great to see this keyboard warrior back after a year's hiatus. Keen to hear more insightful comments and analysis throughout the season.

qwerty123

Stan Wickham (3)
Great to see this keyboard warrior back after a year's hiatus. Keen to hear more insightful comments and analysis throughout the season.
Here's some for free... don't knowingly play people under different names when you're 0-4 next week and all hope seems lost

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I've heard the bus driver they had organised cancelled on them. please add context.
The Colleagues colts 2.0 for Hills in 2nd Div is over before it began. They forfeited when 4 players and a coach turned up to face 25 Newport colts whom had driven an hour to play them. You won’t see them again this season.

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Speaking of Fifita playing subbies who are some other famous footy players league or union who have taken the field to play in the great rugby comp in the world?

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Plus what they did against Mosman the week before,

Can someone look into who is running around in these squads.

Waverley are on for a few premierships by the sounds of it,

When is their ladies day? That could be the biggest day of the year in the Eastern Suburbs
Waverley ladies day biggest day out in the East?

Maybe for english holidayers and working visa holders. The real locals will be at colleagues, easts or randwick.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Speaking of Fifita playing subbies who are some other famous footy players league or union who have taken the field to play in the great rugby comp in the world?
Mark Soden (ex-Bears RL) played for Terrey Hills last year.
I think John Hopoate had a run around.
We’ve got the famous Balmain run with Drew Mitchell, Matt Giteau, Ryan Cross and Sebastian Chabal.
Charlie Gamble played at Petersham as did Chris Bell.
That’s just off the top of my head

footy_footy

Chris McKivat (8)
2 rounds in but looks like Blue Mountains are going to be VERY hard to beat in Kentwell this year. Hard to see any other club matching their quality across the park.

Newport off to a flying start to 2024 - haven’t dropped a game in 3 rounds! Will be hard to hunt down with such a strong lead.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)

Mark Soden (ex-Bears RL) played for Terrey Hills last year.
I think John Hopoate had a run around.
We’ve got the famous Balmain run with Drew Mitchell, Matt Giteau, Ryan Cross and Sebastian Chabal.
Charlie Gamble played at Petersham as did Chris Bell.
That’s just off the top of my head
Daryl Halligan played a 4th grade Breakers game with his son against St Ives about 10 years ago I recall.

21mm

Frank Nicholson (4)
Lindfield picking on Div 2 clubs again to get some W's.
Pretty over this blokes holier than thou attitude from atop his throne.
Lindfield created the comp, and this year was an opt in with clubs as far down as div 4. Hunters Hill were invited to the comp last year and pulled out at the last minute sending the comp into a tailspin.

The new Subbies chairman noted in his first address the importance of women in sport of which HH is where he plied his trade.

And yet comments like this get thrown.

I guess respect is only earned by making it to Kentwell Grand finals and not helping Rugby Union grow and develop.