• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Suburban city councils and rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
You play at 5pm or 7pm in Alice too so things cool down a fair bit, if there is no direct sun on you the dry heat is not too bad, I was surprised how quickly you got used to it. Darwin comp doesnt have thirds anymore but playing at 1pm in 98% humidity was a killer. Remember a game in Litchfield, it was 98 actually, played thirds after a few weeks off and had to play 2nds too, the grass was a foot high and the sun was hot, got 3rd degree sunburn, took days for me to recover from that match
Is Litchfield getting back into the fold, I know they are in 2nd grade but 5 teams in 1st grade is not good with a bye every week. Did they fold because they relied on league guys when the seasons were seperate?

Litchfield has reverted back to it's origional name of Humpty Doo. They have a B grade side which is young and they are extremely strong in the juniors. They got hit hard when we went to the dry season comp but things are looking up for them. They are a great club. Mate, we probably have played against eachother as I was playing C grade in 98.

The day you mentioned at Litchfields home ground (Freds Pass), you don't happen to remember a dog getting on the field and having a dump? You might also remember Lichfield C grade having two massive obease props and a little young fella at hooker?

98 was a good year for Litchfield. All three senior sides in grand finals with the C and A winning. That A grand final was a cracker and Palmy came home strong but we held them out.

Casuarina would not have been that strong on the field back in 98 throughout the grades but for what it's worth, they are the benchmark these days and defending premiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.