• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs hierarchy start falling on their sword. at last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncher

Herbert Moran (7)
Well I for one am keen as mustard to get my Waratah membership next year... Can't be worse than this year, we must be better, hopefully with a bit of a head office clean out we can concentrate on kicking ass and taking names again.

Remember the good ol days guys? back in '08 when we were awesome and the freakin cru cheated their way to a win

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
In the end, what that has happened at the Tahs is quite sad. The purpose of setting up Waratahs Inc was to move the pro team away from the politicking. Seems it just followed it.
maybe that's because they exported the politicians with the team

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
If Gaffney gets the head coaching gig, it will be a disaster. He is not an effective head coach. I'd argue with considerable evidence that he is not much of an assistant coach either at this point. Frankly, he is a lovely guy who should join some media group as a resident analyst as he'd fulfill that role quite well and certainly much better than his coaching gig.

I'd recommend that the G&GR podcast get hold of Gaffney (before those sycophants on Ruggamatrix suck up to him). He really is a highly articulate, incisive thinker on the game; he just isn't an effective coach. I'd also recommend that if you get hold of him, that you do not release him until assurances have been received that he will not be the Tah's coach.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Why should any of the coaching staff survive: their appointment should be in the hands of the head coach they serve. It makes him more accountable. The right to appoint assistants would be a fundamental right demanded (I hope and assume) by the incoming coach for that reason and because he knows who he can work with and what philosophies are the philosophies he wishes to promote.
There has to be a clean sweep: if Gaffney is good then its just an unfortunate fact that he is part of a descredited regime that is on the way out. Thats life.
No one needs to decide how good gaffney is because it isnt a question of merit if you approach it in this way.

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
I wonder how hard Sookface is kicking himself. He left the Reds because he wanted to win a championship and because the whole Reds setup was in disarray. Looks like he's gone from bad to worse.

The thing that I like about Barnes' situation is that he demanded a shake up, the Reds did it and he still left. 2 years later they win the championship, 3 years later his team is at 4-12 win loss ratio. Karma's a bitch!!!!

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I wonder how hard Sookface is kicking himself. He left the Reds because he wanted to win a championship and because the whole Reds setup was in disarray. Looks like he's gone from bad to worse.

The thing that I like about Barnes' situation is that he demanded a shake up, the Reds did it and he still left. 2 years later they win the championship, 3 years later his team is at 4-12 win loss ratio. Karma's a bitch!!!!

If you talk to berrick or his dad about why he left, you would realize that your judgement is way off. Karma has nothing to do with it.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)

Hindsight is a wonderful thing Reido. Even though Barnes has not won a premiership, he gets paid a ton of money to play rugby for a living. Sounds better than typing bitter personal statements on a rugby blog about a player who is a great ambassador for our sport.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I remember Barnes saying part of the reason behind the move to Sydney was the impetus to move out of home and gain some independence.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
There was an interesting comment in the Telegraph this morning saying Gaffney will be Director of Coaching, Chieka will be head coach and Chris Whittaker will be manager. This trio worked together at Lenster and bought them a Championship and Cheika and Whittaker were together at Stade.

I belive this trio would be excellent working together at the Tahs with, in the future, working with Farr Jones to get NSW rugby back into some sane shape

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
There was an interesting comment in the Telegraph this morning saying Gaffney will be Director of Coaching, Chieka will be head coach and Chris Whittaker will be manager. This trio worked together at Lenster and bought them a Championship and Cheika and Whittaker were together at Stade.

I belive this trio would be excellent working together at the Tahs with, in the future, working with Farr Jones to get NSW rugby back into some sane shape

That would be an awesome combo! Just what the Tah's need to turn things around. A group with a track record of delivering results...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd love to see that.

It would be great to have Chris Whittaker there to help mentor our halfbacks as well. He could surely help Pretorius with his passing (if he is there in 2013) and improve McKibbin, Hart and Lucas' games as well.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Director of Coaching, head coach and manager. There is also a CEO and an army of back office staff for logistical tasks.
WTF do they all do?
There would appear to be substantial duplication of duties amongst these various roles.

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hindsight is a wonderful thing Reido. Even though Barnes has not won a premiership, he gets paid a ton of money to play rugby for a living. Sounds better than typing bitter personal statements on a rugby blog about a player who is a great ambassador for our sport.
Nothing bitter about it. Just an observation. I'm actually glad Barnes left the Reds. I think the Reds backline improved tremendously. I really don't think Barnes does well playing attacking rugby. He carried his style to the Waratahs and it has had the same results as he had at the Reds. Am I blaming Barnes solely for their pitiful demise? No. Do I believe he has been a big contributor to it? Yes. Barnes can be a great player, I think he is a better test player than Super 15 player. I think he needs to change his game. If he did, he could be a great player, Legend material.

And you're right,Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I love it!!!!!!! Get your panties out of a bunch boys. You take yourselves too seriously here.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Director of Coaching, head coach and manager. There is also a CEO and an army of back office staff for logistical tasks.
WTF do they all do?
There would appear to be substantial duplication of duties amongst these various roles.

I don't think the CEO has anything to do with the actual running of the team. They should be in charge of making sure the club is run well.

The manager is to make sure that when they turn up at a training ground, they have a booking, they have the right gear and that when they go on tour, the hotel is booked, the buses turn up, the training grounds are booked etc.

The director of coaching presumably does a lot of scheduling and makes sure the right coaches have the right sessions with the team. At the end of the day they'd be the one responsible for S&C, skills, kicking and everything else happening correctly.

J

Jiggles

What are you going on about?? Moving to the Tah’s was the smartest thing Barnes has ever done! There is no other professional rugby province/club in the world where the pre-season is optional, match fitness isn’t a prerequisite, you can play like absolute shit week in week out, and still make the national team. If I were offered a job that easy for the big bucks he gets, I’d take it for sure.

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
What are you going on about?? Moving to the Tah’s was the smartest thing Barnes has ever done! There is no other professional rugby province/club in the world where the pre-season is optional, match fitness isn’t a prerequisite, you can play like absolute shit week in week out, and still make the national team. If I were offered a job that easy for the big bucks he gets, I’d take it for sure.
GOLD!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.