• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs v Canes @ SFS - Round 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I think this team will get the job done against the Hurricanes provided they hold onto the fucking ball

Well said, Braveheart. Well said. Its like you're reading my mind!

Here's the bad news: Saturday is Showers and 17degC. Which kind of sucks but fuck against the Reds it was a wet ground and we killed it.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Ah, but the Reds match was preceded by some serious pre-match work among a group of fans. Let's make sure it's repeated.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Well said, Braveheart. Well said. Its like you're reading my mind!

Here's the bad news: Saturday is Showers and 17degC. Which kind of sucks but fuck against the Reds it was a wet ground and we killed it.

Maybe a bit of rain around will make them think about the passes they throw more and revert to some more sensible options.

The last three weeks have involved so many opportunities that have been wasted that really didn't need anything special done. They just needed more patience and slightly better option taking and handling.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Alofa has been part of the squad since late last year (initially as an invited player before being given an EPS spot).

Whilst there could definitely be wingers in the Shute Shield that could achieve the same standard it's not like you can draft one into the team for a single week and expect it to work out.

I too would have shuffled the backline around and am not sure why Crawford has been dropped. Carraro is fine on the wing though. He's had some good cameos, particularly early in the season.

I think this team will get the job done against the Hurricanes.

You think - I hope / lets hope the 2 mean the same hey

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Waratahs: Israel Folau, Matt Carraro, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Kurtley Beale, Rob Horne, Bernard Foley, Nick Phipps, Wycliff Palu, Michael Hooper, Dave Dennis (c), Jacques Potgieter, Kane Douglas, Paddy Ryan, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Benn Robinson. Res: Tolu Latu, Jeremy Tilse, Sekope Kepu, Will Skelton, Stephen Hoiles or Pat McCutcheon, Brendan McKibbin, Jono Lance, Alofa Alofa or Cam Crawford.

Seriously.

I have no sympathy.

The Foley / Beale Axis of Evil Crabbing (TM) is set to continue.

My Grandfather wasn't a particularly wise man but the only thing I can ever remember him telling me is that when you keep doing the same stupid thing over an over again you deserve to suffer.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The last three weeks have involved so many opportunities that have been wasted that really didn't need anything special done. They just needed more patience and slightly better option taking and handling.

But what I don't get is; the coach says he didn't coach them to play like that, he apparently gave them a blast at half time telling them to stop but they came out in the 2nd half and kept doing it, surely they could see themselves that it wasn't working and they still kept doing it:mad:.

All of these guys have been in elite coaching programmes since their teenage years, so you'd expect them to:
(a) know what they were doing was dumb
(b) work it out on the field
(c) take on board the blast from the coach and stop

but none of those things happened.

Does this identify a major deficiency in our youth player development programmes at the elite level?

It's not as if they were playing the top team - the Blues were coming 11th at the time.

BTW We've had years and years listening to these mournful press conferences after losses like that by the Waratahs, they must have a script for it by now.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Ok my game plan for the Canes to beat the Tahs, box kick Beale to death. Send the ball at Beale defending on the blind, watch Jane and Savea make his life an abject misery with their superior aerial skills.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
But what I don't get is; the coach says he didn't coach them to play like that, he apparently gave them a blast at half time telling them to stop but they came out in the 2nd half and kept doing it, surely they could see themselves that it wasn't working and they still kept doing it:mad:.

All of these guys have been in elite coaching programmes since their teenage years, so you'd expect them to:
(a) know what they were doing was dumb
(b) work it out on the field
(c) take on board the blast from the coach and stop

but none of those things happened.

Does this identify a major deficiency in our youth player development programmes at the elite level?

It's not as if they were playing the top team - the Blues were coming 11th at the time.

BTW We've had years and years listening to these mournful press conferences after losses like that by the Waratahs, they must have a script for it by now.

Moreso if Cheika did as said at half time it identifies and confirms the Tahs gross lack of on field leadership.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Moreso if Cheika did as said at half time it identifies and confirms the Tahs gross lack of on field leadership.

Ah - but if the captain calls them all in and says "Look boys - the coach told us to cut this shit out, so CUT THIS SHIT OUT!" and they still kept doing it, who do you blame then?

Personally, I blame the players. Particularly dipshits like Phipps.

Look at this sage advice"

Right. Fucking. There.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Ah - but if the captain calls them all in and says "Look boys - the coach told us to cut this shit out, so CUT THIS SHIT OUT!" and they still kept doing it, who do you blame then?

Look at this sage advice"

Right. Fucking. There.

Blame the players??? Seriously Pfitzy bar up lad and deal with it;).

BTW yes the plays, but thoughts on possibly having players like
Dennis on the bench.
Beale not at 12.
May also be options.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Cheika should call the forwards in before the start of the game and eyeball every single one and let them know that if the ball gets 10m outside the centre lane of the field for the first 4 phases of each play in the first half of the game they will be doing something horrible for the next months training.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ok my game plan for the Canes to beat the Tahs, box kick Beale to death. Send the ball at Beale defending on the blind, watch Jane and Savea make his life an abject misery with their superior aerial skills.

Is Beale better defending on the wing or at 12 marking Leiua?

USARugger

John Thornett (49)

And he will be grateful that they kicked to Savea instead of passing to him :p

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)

I also wonder whether AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is part of the problem. I know that he caused a heap of problems with the Ponies. Can't help but wonder if it's the same at the Tahs.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I also wonder whether AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is part of the problem. I know that he caused a heap of problems with the Ponies. Can't help but wonder if it's the same at the Tahs.

I think he has been one of our best players on the field this year.

Hard to know if he's causing any friction behind the scenes, but it doesn't seem like it. The culture at the Tahs has been much better in 2013 and 2014 than it was the couple of years before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.