• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs vs Canes - Post Match Pissup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Alright, time to show the Queenslanders how to organise a pissup. I'll book a table later this week, post a comment to indicate your preference. I was going to post a poll but would prefer restricting responses to those who say they'll attend.

Local Taphouse
Walk: 5 minutes, Map
On Tap: Red Hill Hop Harvest, Red Hill Scotch Ale, Red Hill Golden Ale, Hofbrau Munich Dunkel, Trumer Pilsner, Budvar Czech Pilsner, Leffe Blond, Little Creatures Pale Ale, Flying Dog, Horn Dog Barley Wine, Coopers Vintage Ale, Murrays Punch & Judy, Mikkeller Simcoe Single Hop IPA, White Rabbit Dark Ale, Murrays Whale Ale, James Squire Amber Ale, 5IBC Bulli Black, Matilda Bay Alpha Bay Pale Ale, Rocks Brewing 1809 Pale Ale, Small Acres Cyder, Hoegaarden Wit
Served in: Glass to match the beer, pints available.
Web: http://thelocaltaphouse.blogspot.com/
Atmosphere: Fewer Tahs fans, but we'll bring the party
Taxis: Oxford Street

Fox and Lion
Walk: 10 minutes, Map
On Tap: Tooheys New, Tooheys Extra Dry, Hahn Premium Light, James Squire Amber, James Squire Pilsener
Served in: Plastic Schooners
Web: http://www.foxandlion.com.au/
Atmosphere: Lots of Tahs fans for the first hour, then really loud R&B music and Gangsta rap
Taxis: Single and often quite long queue.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I'm very keen on the local taphouse. They've got a huge selection of beers that require tasting, the place is classy with old comfy furniture, you can hear each other talk, it's on the way to the station, taxis are available, plus you get treated like an adult and served beer in a glass.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
I am on the verge of booking flights, just got to sort out a couple of things with work...

I would go the taphouse, should I make it. Have done the fox and lion, and agree with the loud tunes and taxi queue not being the best.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Nope Moses - I'll most likely be parking in Fox Studios (or whatever they call it these days) so Taphouse is the wrong direction. If its the Fox & Lion Mrs TA may be amenable to it, and its her birthday so I'm doing nothing to upset the chance of getting some snoo-snoo.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I suggest the OK Karaoke Bar, Dipenegoro Road, Gunungsitoli, Nias, North Sumatra.

All Tah true believers welcome. Drinks on me. Women provided. Taxis no problem.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Recommend the Shakespeare Hotel on Devonshire St between the Central Station and SFS, good place for pre-match nosh, meals there for $10 flat, extensive menu, abundant olde worker's pub charm, good tight selection of tap beers, Coopers Pale Ale and Barons Ale to name but a few... :yay

Steaks and burgers there are worth the visit!

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
way to sell the taphouse Mosey.
forgot to mention it is at least as far as the fox and there is no taxi rank so unless your heading south the taxi has to do a full lap and it costs ten dollars before you start your trip towards the city.
also beer is about 2-3 dollars more expensive per 'glass'
or the most important fact, it doesnt have a telly.

im happy to go wherever though.

were pub crawling to the game from 2.30 for anyone that has the arvo off.
KB (Kurtley Beale)
excelsior
forresters
dolphin
white horse
cricketers arms
cook
tah bar

everyones welcome, should make the match better to watch.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I agree there's no TV, but is there anything on telly on Friday night after the Tahs finish? And looking at the map they are about the same distance, and you're right the beers are $2-$3 more, though I'm happy to pay that to drink decent beer!

I'll join the pub crawl on the way there, should finish work around 4, we've got one or two work drinks that I have to go to (it's the reason we finish at 4!), so will meet you around 5ish.

Got tickets yet?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
nah, were just picking tics up at the gate.
im happy to back the taphouse now your paying for everyone mosey, lead the way.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
does this go here?

Waratahs: 15 Kurtley Beale, 14 Lachie Turner, 13 Rob Horne, 12 Tom Carter, 11 Drew Mitchell, 10 Berrick Barnes, 9 Luke Burgess; 8 Ben Mowen, 7 Phil Waugh (capt), 6 Pat McCutcheon, 5 Kane Douglas, 4 Dean Mumm, 3 Al Baxter, 2 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 1 Dan Palmer. Reserves: 16 Damien Fitzpatrick, 17 Jeremy Tilse, 18 Chris Thomson, 19 Dave Dennis, 20 Josh Holmes, 21 Daniel Halangahu, 22 Rory Sidey.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Noddy said:
does this go here?

Waratahs: 15 Kurtley Beale, 14 Lachie Turner, 13 Rob Horne, 12 Tom Carter, 11 Drew Mitchell, 10 Berrick Barnes, 9 Luke Burgess; 8 Ben Mowen, 7 Phil Waugh (capt), 6 Pat McCutcheon, 5 Kane Douglas, 4 Dean Mumm, 3 Al Baxter, 2 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 1 Dan Palmer. Reserves: 16 Damien Fitzpatrick, 17 Jeremy Tilse, 18 Chris Thomson, 19 Dave Dennis, 20 Josh Holmes, 21 Daniel Halangahu, 22 Rory Sidey.

They going to the Taphouse or the OK Karaoke Bar, Nias?

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Biffo said:
They going to the Taphouse or the OK Karaoke Bar, Nias?

I reckon you might see them in Nias at the OK Karaoke Bar! If it's the same one I used to have a drink in about 15 years ago, it's a fine establishment... ;)

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I'm pretty keen to go ahead with the Taphouse, would be awesome if NTA could make it as well, but by the sounds of it you'd only be after one or maybe two before heading home to try out the new tackle.
There's a crew kicking on into Surry Hills as well, so TapHouse is on the way for them.

Please advise if you've got a +1 as well, I'll book a room / table tomorrow.

Confirmed: Cyclo, Moses, Bernie, Lindo, WJ, @StuAndrews, @Sagerian
Tentative: MrTimms
Waiting for reply: Spears, Tomm, @splex, @westius
Unlikely: NTA, @thetreadstoner

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
I am underage, so i will not join you, however 'Get on Tahs' turf' is happening agiain. waratahs.com.au for details.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
#1 Tah said:
I am underage, so i will not join you, however 'Get on Tahs' turf' is happening agiain. waratahs.com.au for details.

i will be participating in this again down infront of bay 23, it has to be the best activity at the rugby in years. its all about keeping your eyes so a ball doesnt hit you in the back of the head. some brilliant funnyness has been had at the first two this one should be even better.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I will do my best to get there. Mrs TA's birthday (and a mate had his bday Sunday) so potentially 4 to join at Ye Olde Taphouse.

Can I park nearby? That is the question.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
NTA said:
I will do my best to get there. Mrs TA's birthday (and a mate had his bday Sunday) so potentially 4 to join at Ye Olde Taphouse.

Can I park nearby? That is the question.
Mate, it's the Eastern Suburbs. We just park wherever we like. It's our right.

Status
Not open for further replies.