• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Carl Hayman Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
NTA said:
Cutter said:
Where do you get momentum from if you've been sitting down?

Rolling forward onto the balls of your feet.

Just did leg day - did the box squats instead of the usual back squats. To be honest I only managed about 70% of the weight I normally do. I think the biggest difference is that you can't cheat on the depth and you probably never normally go quite that low. You can't really get any momentum either - you just stop dead.

I'll be hobbling tomorrow...

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
NTA said:
Yeah Scorz at the end of the day you've got to say "Thanks Carl - you've done your bit" and move on. The bloke probably had enough of the fishbowl effect anyway living in NZ.
That and the public pressure - look at the way he has let this play out - he's let his agent talk for him, stayed away from comments, basically been very private about it. He clearly doesn't like the public eye.

Given the chance I'd hope I'd make the other decision, but ultimately it's his life, so good luck to him, hope he doesn't regret his choice.

And I hope Owen Franks makes all AB fans say "Carl Who?" in the next few years.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
So desperate were the NZRU to lure Hayman back they had involved Taranaki and the Hurricanes in the bid process to strengthen their offer, with suggestions they were even prepared to "help" set him up on a dairy farm in the region.

NZRU boss Steve Tew has denied that a farm was any part of their contract offer, though reports suggested that third parties were to be involved to assist him in his ambitions in this area.
Poor Carl,
Now he's going to have to set up his own dairy farm with no help from the NZRU, what use are millions of Euro's then?

Status
Not open for further replies.