• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The current issue with Stan's coverage in bars/pubs....

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If my 65 year old, technologically challenged mother can figure out how to change the AV Input settings on a TV, then anyone can.

Apparently not.

FoxSports would still be good if you liked League and other obscure sports (what even is "soccer" anyway?). But it is well overpriced for what you get.

Unless of course you love Sky News, in which good luck to you.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
If my 65 year old, technologically challenged mother can figure out how to change the AV Input settings on a TV, then anyone can.

You don't even need to change the input settings. 9Gem is a channel on the Foxtel system, channel 164.

Reactions: dru

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
A resounding success I think not. Not a deep analysis I know but most of my 20 mates who watched rugby on Foxtel and still have Fox have not purchased Stan and have moved to watch the NRL. Same at my work place no one has watched a game this year.
Now for these guys who have watch and played for 30 years also with many other issues with RA has been the final straw.

That's interesting Runner, and entirely predictable that there would be a fair chunk of people like your mates - general sports fans who can't be bothered/can't afford an extra streaming service just to watch rugby.

Do you think they will tune back in for the Wallabies games, which will be on FTA?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought Runner had been MIA since the Politics forum got shut down.

I hadn't realised his partisanship extended to everything Rupert owns.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
That's interesting Runner, and entirely predictable that there would be a fair chunk of people like your mates - general sports fans who can't be bothered/can't afford an extra streaming service just to watch rugby.

Do you think they will tune back in for the Wallabies games, which will be on FTA?
There will be a night gathering if isFTA to watch otherwise no

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
With the release of the Rugby Championship draw there’s some interesting clashes for Channel 9, as part of the NRL deal they have all finals series Saturday night games and the 5 regular season Saturday night games leading up to the finals series. Which will clash directly with the Rugby Championship.

7 Aug: New Zealand vs Australia* / Manly vs Storm
21 Aug: Australia vs New Zealand / Eels vs Cowboys
28 Aug: New Zealand vs Australia* / Eels vs Storm
11 Sep: South Africa vs Australia / NRL Finals Week 1
18 Sep: Australia vs South Africa / NRL Semi Finals
25 Sep: Australia vs Argentina / NRL Prelim Finals

I’m interested to know what impact of this, NRL can’t change their game times because its simulcast with Foxtel, so which game will be pushed onto Nine Gem?

* 2 New Zealand games will be broadcast 5:30 AEST so won’t clash with NRL

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
With the release of the Rugby Championship draw there’s some interesting clashes for Channel 9, as part of the NRL deal they have all finals series Saturday night games and the 5 regular season Saturday night games leading up to the finals series. Which will clash directly with the Rugby Championship.

7 Aug: New Zealand vs Australia* / Manly vs Storm
21 Aug: Australia vs New Zealand / Eels vs Cowboys
28 Aug: New Zealand vs Australia* / Eels vs Storm
11 Sep: South Africa vs Australia / NRL Finals Week 1
18 Sep: Australia vs South Africa / NRL Semi Finals
25 Sep: Australia vs Argentina / NRL Prelim Finals

I’m interested to know what impact of this, NRL can’t change their game times because its simulcast with Foxtel, so which game will be pushed onto Nine Gem?

* 2 New Zealand games will be broadcast 5:30 AEST so won’t clash with NRL

As the Aus game is is Perth 9 will push for a late kick off to run the league straight from into the Bled

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Who would take legal action against a pub streaming Stan?
Surely Stan is unlikely to enforce their terms and conditions if they don’t have a commercial alternative?
Would/could a 3rd party bother?