• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Rugby Championship 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Seven nightly News, Brisbane, tonight reported coach Cheika as saying "we can beat New Zealand" ............... I assume he meant 'this year'!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Lawn bowls and polo would have to be high on the list! I was going to add boomerang throwing, however, I have a feeling that a Kiwi won that, not so long ago!!

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Coach Cheika puts team through paces on Monday morning.

--SMH--

After an 0-3 series loss to England, Wallabies Coach Cheika is reportedly putting the team through some tough training in readiness for the upcoming Rugby Chanpionship.

cannon.gif

"Stop crying and get in behind!"

Lock Will Skelton is said to have not only penetrated one of the silos but is believed to be still inside the shattered structure busily eating all of the raw grain.

Scott Fardy is said to have died three times during this drill but he's reportedly fine now.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I thought they had already replaced it once this year.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Fuck some of you lot can be depressing! In case someone hasn't already told you all, the sky isn't actually falling. Just FYI.

We will come second in this TRC and with a bit of luck we could win it. Despite the inbound test series we're actually looking ok.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
And Fox Sports reporting "Michael Cheika says the Wallabies are too unfit for his style of play."

I really hope that's just an off-the-cuff comment rather than what Cheika actually believes is the reason we just got whitewashed.

"Michael Cheika says his style of play is too unfit for the Wallabies and international rugby in general" would probably be a better way to put it.

The Twickenham game against the Pumas will be interesting. The Poms won't know who to boo first.

G

galumay

Obviously it will be a tough championship, the AB's are #1 by a wider gap than ever judging by recent performances. SA look very vunerable, Ireland really troubled them and with Beale & Poey back I think the Wobblies will trouble them. The Puma's are yet to show enough discipline and accuracy to win away from home consistently. So 2nd place is a realistic ambition. Any wins over the AB's would be beyond reasonable expectations. Looking forward to some great games over the next couple of months!

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Obviously it will be a tough championship, the AB's are #1 by a wider gap than ever judging by recent performances. SA look very vunerable, Ireland really troubled them and with Beale & Poey back I think the Wobblies will trouble them. The Puma's are yet to show enough discipline and accuracy to win away from home consistently. So 2nd place is a realistic ambition. Any wins over the AB's would be beyond reasonable expectations. Looking forward to some great games over the next couple of months!

Beale is back?

G

galumay

Beale is back?

Mayyyyybe...! My bad I suspect, or wishful thinking! I thought he was going to be when I wrote that, but now you mention it I think he is out for the whole season. Ok, third place then!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I've read in a few different threads, people suggesting that ENG have somehow unlocked how to beat the Wallabies. As if they devised this game plan that will just have us stuffed.

This sells the Poms waaaaay short. It wasn't their game plan that beat us. Sure they had a good game plan but what won it for them was just how bloody accurately they executed it. Each and every one of them. That and their absolutely unwavering dedication to what they were doing.

So yes, in that respect, if a Tier 1 nation can devise a game plan that plays to their own strengths and then executes that plan flawlessly and with complete dedication then maybe they will beat us and ENG will have shown them the way. ;)

G

galumay

So yes, in that respect, if a Tier 1 nation can devise a game plan that plays to their own strengths and then executes that plan flawlessly and with complete dedication then maybe they will beat us and ENG will have shown them the way. ;)

Very true, for all the hand wringing and angst, there is only a few % difference between the winners and losers at the very top of any professional sport. England played to 100% of their ability for 3 tests and that was enough to beat Australia playing at about 95% of their potential.

Had the Wobblies just kicked better the result might well have been reversed, but against an English team motivated by revenge, coached by a very canny coach, and excecuting a game plan with great accuracy, we needed to be at our very best.

Its not the end of the world, we dont own the #2 spot and the calls for mass selection changes and Cheikxit are basically ignorant hysteria.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Obviously it will be a tough championship, walkover for the AB's, they're #1 by a wider gap than ever judging by recent performances.

So 2n 3rd place is a realistic ambition. Any wins over the AB's would be beyond reasonable expectations miracles.

A very depressing FTFY :(:(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.