• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Rugby Championship 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^ 2-3 years ago I'd have said yes definitely but these days they do seem genuinely concerned about the way they're perceived to deal with head injury issues.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
^^^^^ 2-3 years ago I'd have said yes definitely but these days they do seem genuinely concerned about the way they're perceived to deal with head injury issues.

Apologies, what I meant was that surely the constant reports of playing rather than resting the player - is simple “news” making.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
ABs to play Argentina

1. Karl Tu'inukuafe (5)
2. Codie Taylor (34)
3. Owen Franks (100)
4. Brodie Retallick (70)
5. Scott Barrett (21)
6. Shannon Frizell (1)
7. Ardie Savea (27)
8. Kieran Read - captain (111)
9. TJ Perenara (47)
10. Richie Mo'unga (1)
11. Waisake Naholo (21)
12. Ngani Laumape (7)
13. Jack Goodhue (3)
14. Nehe Milner-Skudder (11)
15. Ben Smith (70)
16. Nathan Harris (15)
17. Tim Perry (1)
18. Ofa Tuungafasi (18)
19. Samuel Whitelock (101)
20. Luke Whitelock (5)
21. Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi *
22. Damian McKenzie (17)
23. Anton Lienert-Brown (26)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I think Shag has always tended to stand down players longer than he needs to anyway WOB, I know he said that Crotty and Cane were passed fit, but from what I recall that is usual practice, leave them an extra week or two. I also think they always make sure everyone know players are right to play so replacements then have more confidence of being picked as players he wants , not just there because of injuries?
Anyway, good team, be interested to see how they go particularly NMS.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ I'd like to not see Crotty again this year. Now the Bled is safe the only thing that matters is RWC & we need Crotty to be 100% for that. I think we've enough midfield depth to cope without him v SA, Ringinland & Oirland. You'd keep him in the environment, though, much as they've done with SBW & Coles i.e. he's still part of the official squad but someone (Laumape, presumably) is in there as injury cover (as he is for SBW).

Cane I'd be happy to see back for a bit v SA (say 30ish off the bench) but after that used sparingly as he's also a big part of their RWC plans I'd have thought & there's no real need to risk him unduly (plus a young 7 gets a chance to impress & hopefully build some depth/ provide Ardie & Todd with some competition for the backup & backup backup 7 positions in RWC squad).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I pretty relaxed WOB, I sure they will leave Crotty and Cane out if it is recommended, but if they are right I see no probs with playing or otherwise. Actually don't want anyone put in cottonwool for WC, as you might find they then getting injured early so, I think just decide who you want, play them if they fit etc, and just move on to someone else if required!

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'll be somewhat miffed if Mo'unga spends 60 minutes dictating the team around the field before being subbed out for McKenzie, who then proceeds to run around the exhausted defenders en route to a hat-trick. The hacks will have a field day with 'McKenzie was wot betta wif three tries yea'.

Otherwise glad that Ta'avao won't be there to get murdered by the Argentine scrum. Good decision to give Crotty some more time off I think. Neither here nor there on Cane.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Argentina: 15 Emiliano Boffelli, 14 Bautista Delguy, 13 Matias Moroni, 12 Jeronimo de la Fuente, 11 Ramiro Moyano, 10 Nicolas Sanchez, 9 Martin Landajo, 8 Javier Ortega Desio, 7 Marcos Kremer, 6 Tomas Lezana, 5 Tomas Lavanini, 4 Guido Petti, 3 Nahuel Chaparro Tetaz, 2 Agustin Creevy (c), 1 Santiago Garcia Botta
Replacements: 16 Julian Montoya, 17 Juan Pablo Zeiss, 18 Gaston Cortez, 19 Matias Alemanno, 20 Pablo Matera, 21 Tomas Cubelli, 22 Bautista Ezcurra, 23 Juan Cruz Mallia

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
I reckon the Argies will give this a good crack, the Jaguares won both their games in NZ this year.
Here’s hoping anyway

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just about half the bench on the field after 10 minutes. Not a helpful start.

EDIT: Thankfully the Accountant is back. Also amazing that Milner-Skudder somehow survived the injury onslaught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom