• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tindall relieved of £25K and kicked off the squad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
With people resigning, being fined, sacked etc. left and right within the RFU, one thing I can't get my head around is who is left to do the fining and the sacking. There must be a janitor with a huge amount of power at HQ round about now.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Tindall has now been re-instated to the elite squad and had his fine reduced to £15,000 as mitigating circumstances were not taken into account. Those mitigating circumstance were that he was too drunk to remember anything so he should not have been found guilty of intentionally misleading team management.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Tindall has now been re-instated to the elite squad and had his fine reduced to £15,000 as mitigating circumstances were not taken into account. Those mitigating circumstance were that he was too drunk to remember anything so he should not have been found guilty of intentionally misleading team management.

I find it amazing that a professional athlete can get that messed up in a tournament where they have to play every 6 or so days. The more minor repercussions of a bad hangover can stick with you for 2 or 3 days, why do it>

Still I doubt he was drunk enough to not remember, I've read in places that if you don't pass out you don't suffer memory loss (even then you don't lose the entire evening).

He reminds me of mates of mine who choose to forget when they do something particularly stupid at a party.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
I can confirm memory loss.. to the point where I thought "I'm so glad I went to bed early - that party was starting to get out of control" - then I found my camera and I was up for about 4 more hours than I can remember.

D

dylan24

I think he was harshly treated. The video evidence was a joke, a girl kissed him on his head..... i didn't see much more than that. Saying that I dont mind seeing the RFU in a bad state

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I agree he was harshly treated, a professional player in the midst of a RWC should not be getting a skinful.But management should certainly not be encouraging a big night out by setting up a tab at a bar.If he is to be disciplined so should all management on the tour.

Tim&Bingo

Chris McKivat (8)
I bet it'll be fun on Christmas day with Tinds acting as bum-boy for Anne and Zara, hell, he's in for some permanent shit off wife and Mum-in-law for quite a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.