• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tournament Rule if Pool Points are Equal

Status
Not open for further replies.

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
I was going to post a new thread for this but figured it might be best said in here :

All this talk about Pool A runner up having an easier run to the final and wether or not France or New Zealand would "throw" the game to finish second (I personally would NEVER ever see a kiwi rugby side throwing any match but some have thrown up the possibiility) . Im not quite so sure if it is an easier path. The winner of pool A will have a quarter against either Argentina or Scotland, the runner up will have England (most likely) . If you were in a potential quarter final who would you rather play? As an Aus fan I would not want to touch England with a 10 foot pole no matter what form they are in going into knock out phases. If I was New Zealand or France I would probably rather play one of the other two (although it could be argued Argentina would rather play France given their world cup history against them) . After the quarters I dont think any semi final is an "easier game". both semis are going to be hard no matter who is playing.

Point Im making is I suppose there is no easier half of the draw, any team that makes quarters/semis are going to be tough no matter what!

Status
Not open for further replies.