• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TRC2021 - All Blacks v Springboks, Oct 2, 2021

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Well done boks - never gave up and reaped the rewards this time

Ref was trying to blow the pea out of his whistle at the end though...

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Mean game Springboks! Deserved the win and for the second week in a row, the AB forwards were found wanting. Except Ardie…

Was at the game. Ardie is an absolute tyrant, he had a great game. The front row are seriously lacking at the moment. Jordie Barrett was hugely impressive.

The first two options to box kick out of our 22 at the start of the game, were the wrong option and it cost us points. So was the wipers kick from BB in our own 22 in the second half. Literally a full SA backline there. Basically, we don't have the clout at the moment to know when to go for territory (come back DC!)

SA forwards are bloody big and defend well. The whole SA team played good and balanced rugby, so respect for that.

Willie Le Roux is still the worst international rugby player I've ever seen.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Well done boks - never gave up and reaped the rewards this time

Ref was trying to blow the pea out of his whistle at the end though...

He's gonna go home and make sweet love to that whistle tonight. He was calling anything and everything. Haha.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Was at the game. Ardie is an absolute tyrant, he had a great game. The front row are seriously lacking at the moment.

I have been waiting for the game where Ardie gets to go back to 7. I’m hoping we don’t fall into the ‘Pooper’ trap and move Ardie to 8 just we can get Cane on the field at the same time. While Cane has stepped up in the last couple of years, Ardie’s a boss.
Really disappointed with Akira Ioane. The last 2 weeks were his opportunity to really make the 6 jersey his own and I think he went missing. Was a bit better this week but our 6 and our 12 have not been the same since the departure of Kaino and Nonu.

I hope we see a starting front row of the Tongan Trio during the EOYT.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Was at the game. Ardie is an absolute tyrant, he had a great game. The front row are seriously lacking at the moment. Jordie Barrett was hugely impressive.

The first two options to box kick out of our 22 at the start of the game, were the wrong option and it cost us points. So was the wipers kick from BB in our own 22 in the second half. Literally a full SA backline there. Basically, we don't have the clout at the moment to know when to go for territory (come back DC!)

SA forwards are bloody big and defend well. The whole SA team played good and balanced rugby, so respect for that.

Willie Le Roux is still the worst international rugby player I've ever seen.
The number 8 for SA is immense -

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The front row are seriously lacking at the moment.
Totally where it was lost. No shame in it, Nepo and Moody were failures. AGAIN. As they were in RWC2019 semi and as they were last week. AB's lucky to split the 2 week series 1-1 as they didnt have the muscle or leadership to resist getting dragged into playing the other teams style.

Brodie looked and played like a spindly baby compared to the boks locks

I would rather have half-broken penalty magnate Scrote Barrett out there than Paper Tiger Pat. FFS he comes on for impact and immediately starts walking. Like a stiff 45-year old.

Then Ofa comes on for impact and plays like he's limbering up for a fuckign yoga class. Could you possibly please perhaps HURT SOMEONE YOU FUCKING HUGE C**T.