• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tri Nations Game 6 - Wallabies vs All Blacks - Saturday 27 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apostle

Peter Burge (5)
Looks like Genia will play.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...inst-new-zealand/story-e6frf55l-1226122639525

' "I think a lot has been made of it but it's not something's that too serious," Genia told reporters on Friday.'

Journos making something out of nothing? No, that could never happen!

("...not something's that too serious"? Crazy talk I know, but perhaps these journalists should learn some simple grammar/how to spell, it is rather important in their line of work.)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
According to Marto on The Rugby Club last night, Genia was well enough to yell abuse at Simmons as he walked up the tunnel.

Simmons' take on it all was that he was out on the wing during training and Phil Blake put up a kick and told him to chase it. He caught the ball and squashed Genia in the process.

Duncher

Herbert Moran (7)
I just hope we do enough on Saturday night to sow the seeds of doubt into the fabric of the infinite blackness before the world cup.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
According to Marto on The Rugby Club last night, Genia was well enough to yell abuse at Simmons as he walked up the tunnel.

Simmons' take on it all was that he was out on the wing during training and Phil Blake put up a kick and told him to chase it. He caught the ball and squashed Genia in the process.

Simmons personallity in that interview was a cracker. He should be nicknamed Lurch after that performance. :lmao: In fairness he looked nervious and Martin is a wanker for not picking up that he failed to see the funny side of the Genia incident. :-\

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Simmons personallity in that interview was a cracker. He should be nicknamed Lurch after that performance. :lmao: In fairness he looked nervious and Martin is a wanker for not picking up that he failed to see the funny side of the Genia incident. :-\

Yeah. It was so awkward.

I imagine that it didn't help Simmons much when he was basically introduced as the guy who might have cost the Wallabies the Tri Nations.

He was even awkward when he was talking to Benn Robinson, his teammate. He's only 22 though. I was pretty awkward when I was 22.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

This is a worry. Being trained to seagull?????

Nelse

Chris McKivat (8)
Or maybe just forced to do some work. A bit of 'If you're gonna hang out there, expect to be chasing a couple of these'.

I'm liking the lineup for tomorrow night. Pretty balanced pack with the inclusion of Vicks and Samo. We should dominate in the lineouts. Samo is big enough to be another option along with Elsom, Horwill and Vickerman. Hopefully Radike keeps his scrum performance from last match, as the scrums looked a lot more solid after he came on. Can't remember if that was due to a change in the front row around the same point, or if it just looked the case because Genia was getting some decent ball.

Interestedto see who gets the 22 jersey tomorrow. I suppose it depends on what happens tonight i.e. who pulls up better, injuries etc. But I would like to see Barnes there. He probably wouldn't come on unless absolutely necessary.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Luckily it was two Reds players that knocked into Genia. Wouldn't of heard the end of it here if they were Tahs players

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Luckily it was two Reds players that knocked into Genia. Wouldn't of heard the end of it here if they were Tahs players

I never want to relive the aftermath of "Higginbotham vs. Mitchell" . That was a complete and utter shitstorm in a teacup.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Genia seems to take these training incidents personally sometimes. He does have a bit of fire in his belly for a small guy - I guess that can only be a good thing out on the field in a Tri-Nations decider.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I never want to relive the aftermath of "Higginbotham vs. Mitchell" . That was a complete and utter shitstorm in a teacup.

Try telling that to Schmoo...to his credit, he has taken this with great grace and humor despite the traumas of recovering from such a nasty injury and loss of income from missing several test matches.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Genia seems to take these training incidents personally sometimes. He does have a bit of fire in his belly for a small guy - I guess that can only be a good thing out on the field in a Tri-Nations decider.

Its called small man syndrome.

M

Muttonbird

Martin Snedden (RWC2011 chief and the guy that caught that ball in '81 but the umpires didn't believe him) is in a panic that Australian visitor numbers are slow. Are most people just waiting to see what happens or is there a determination to not come to the RWC?

With organisers still about NZ$30 million ($25 million) short of their NZ$268.5 million target for ticket revenue, Snedden has crossed the Tasman Sea to spruik the tournament to Australians who may remain unconvinced about the second-ranked Wallabies' chances at the World Cup.
http://http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/rugby/world-cup/news/article/-/10120500/world-cup-boss-has-fingers-crossed-for-wallabies/

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Considering he said on thr Rugby Club last night that they budgeted on 50'000 ticket sales in Australia and they are currently just short of 100'000, I doubt that is the case. Must be the NH crowds letting them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.