• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Trial Match #2 - Reds vs Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
And now onto Ballymore this Friday night against the Crusaders....

It will be interesting to see if squad sizes are as large as they were last weekend and which of the top line Reds will be back. Hopefully we get to see Chambers and Braid in action along with most of the Wallabies.

I hope we see Ant Fainga'a and Ben Tapuai tried at 12 again, and I think Ben Lucas deserves another crack at 10. I wonder whether Dayna Edwards and Albert Anae will get a run in the forwards?

Beers at Ballymore on Friday...bring it on!

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Will be interesting to see who turns out for the saders, hopefully Chambers gets a run for the Reds as he needs at least two games before round 1.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
So who is going to this?

I will be there, but might have to do a bit of work, however some of that work may be at the Bar :thumb

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
QR Reds team to play the Crusaders (from fullback): Peter Hynes (vc), Luke Morahan, Will Chambers, Anthony Fainga'a, Blair Connor, Ben Lucas, Richard Kingi, Scott Higginbotham, Daniel Braid, Ezra Taylor, Van Humphries, Robert Simmons, Dayna Edwards, Sean Hardman, Ben Daley (c). Reserves: Saia Fainga'a, James Slipper, Jack Kennedy, Adam Byrnes, Andrew Shaw, Lei Tomiki, Jake Schatz, Will Genia, Tim Walsh, Ben Tapuai, Morgan Turinui, Rod Davies, Aidan Toua

Crusaders: Jared Payne, Sean Maitland, Robert Fruean, Ryan Crotty, Kade Poki, Colin Slade, Kahn Fotuali’i, Thomas Waldrom, George Whitelock, Ash Parker, Sam Whitelock, Joe Wheeler, Owen Franks, Ti'i Paulo, Ben Franks. Reserves: Quentin MacDonald, Wyatt Crockett, Isaac Ross, Jonathan Poff, Willie Heinz, Daniel Bowden, Adam Whitelock, Tim Bateman, Matt Todd, Andrew Olorenshaw.

Referee: Paul Marks, Assistant Referees: Damien Mitchelmore and Simon Moore.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'm going. I'm Taking my youngest so will probably find a seat up in the "Temporary" Stand. Does anyone have any idea on Buses?

C

chief

Sully at the back of the Myer Centre, near the McDonalds and across the road from Borders books, there is the 364 bus. Runs every half an hour maybe every 15 minutes, it takes you right outside Ballymore.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
thanks mate! So I could bus in from Garden City then catch the 364 from the city.

C

chief

Yep I think most Garden City bus's go straight into the Myer Centre busway, so you'll only need to walk through the mall.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Noddy said:
QR Reds team to play the Crusaders (from fullback): Peter Hynes (vc), Luke Morahan, Will Chambers, Anthony Fainga'a, Blair Connor, Ben Lucas, Richard Kingi, Scott Higginbotham, Daniel Braid, Ezra Taylor, Van Humphries, Robert Simmons, Dayna Edwards, Sean Hardman, Ben Daley (c). Reserves: Saia Fainga'a, James Slipper, Jack Kennedy, Adam Byrnes, Andrew Shaw, Lei Tomiki, Jake Schatz, Will Genia, Tim Walsh, Ben Tapuai, Morgan Turinui, Rod Davies, Aidan Toua

Crusaders: Jared Payne, Sean Maitland, Robert Fruean, Ryan Crotty, Kade Poki, Colin Slade, Kahn Fotuali’i, Thomas Waldrom, George Whitelock, Ash Parker, Sam Whitelock, Joe Wheeler, Owen Franks, Ti'i Paulo, Ben Franks. Reserves: Quentin MacDonald, Wyatt Crockett, Isaac Ross, Jonathan Poff, Willie Heinz, Daniel Bowden, Adam Whitelock, Tim Bateman, Matt Todd, Andrew Olorenshaw.

Referee: Paul Marks, Assistant Referees: Damien Mitchelmore and Simon Moore.
Some decent cattle in that Saders squad. Should be a good match for the Reds to assess where they are.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Sam Whitelock is a terrific player but he really needs to get right out of the Crusaders set-up.

Issac Ross and him would too small of a locking pair to play together and Ross will start every game.

Simple as that.

S

straightshooter

Does anybody know the parking restrictions around Ballymore on Fri

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Queensland Rugby has organised free shuttle buses from the city and from the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital carpark for fans attending Friday night’s Ballymore trial match between the QR Reds and Canterbury Crusaders.

Buses will run every 15 minutes from Stop 125 in the city (Roma Street opposite Police Headquarters) to Ballymore from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Another Ballymore shuttle will pick up from the Butterfield Street Metro Car Park bus stop (behind the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital) every 15 minutes during the same two-hour window.

At the end of the match buses will run every 15 minutes from Ballymore to Stop 125 in the city from 9:15pm to 10:15pm, with a return shuttle to Butterfield Street Metro Car Park bus stop.

City to Ballymore
from Stop 125 (Roma Street opposite Police Headquarters)

5:30pm
5:45pm
6:00pm
6:15pm
6:30pm
6:45pm
7:00pm
7:15pm
7:30pm

Butterfield St Metro Car Park to Ballymore
from bus stop behind the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital

5:30pm
5:45pm
6:00pm
6:15pm
6:30pm
6:45pm
7:00pm
7:15pm
7:30pm

Ballymore to City
Bus every 15 minutes to Stop 125 (Roma Street opposite Police Headquarters)

9:15pm
9:30pm
9:45pm
10:00pm
10:15pm

Ballymore to Metro
Shuttle bus to the Butterfield Street Metro Car Park bus stop (behind the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital)

9:15pm
9:30pm
9:45pm
10:00pm
10:15pm

Please note limited on-site parking is available for $10 per car and parking restrictions will be in force in surrounding streets.

5:30pm Gates Open

6:00pm Gold Coast SA Expats Rugby vs Gold Coast NZ Expats Rugby

7:30pm QR Reds V Crusaders

General Admission event. 30yr/Life/PGM seats reserved.

2010 QR Reds Members free entry, only on presentation of Membership card at the gate.

Member discount applies for purchase of additional tickets (via email link) or on presentation of membership card at an outlet or at the gate.Concession discount also applies to Palace Members / Qld Rugby Club Members.

2009/2010 Registered Junior card offer - maximum of 2 juniors to be admitted free with one paying adult or Reds Member on presentation of Registered Player Card or Flyer at an outlet or at the gate.

by the way:

what type of curtain raiser is that???

T

TOCC

Noddy said:

what type of curtain raiser is that???

dont discount it too soon Noddy, i know these guys have put in a lot of training in prep for this game, it was planned months ago. Gold Coast SA Expats is only a new team i believe but the NZ Expats is a team thats been around for a couple of years, they even have a colts side that plays, Gold Coast has something like 45'000 kiwis living there these days with the majority in the 18-30yr old bracket.

http://photos-g.AK (Andrew Kellaway).fbcdn.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-snc3/hs175.snc3/20262_263986906581_656001581_3890043_3641104_n.jpg

T

TOCC

live updates will be good, im in toowoomba and wont finish work until 5pm, meaning with traffic i probably wont make it back to brissie until like 7:30

T

TOCC

yeah il just get updates through my phone on the way home, i know they say you shouldnt use your phone whilst driving but getting footy scores is important

Status
Not open for further replies.