• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TT Rd 2 2021: Reds vs Crusaders @ Suncorp Sat 22nd may 7:45pm

Wilson

David Codey (61)
St.George Queensland Reds v Crusaders – Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane on 22 May at 7:45pm AEST
1. Dane Zander – Norths
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa – Sunnybank
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Ryan Smith – Brothers
5. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto – Souths
6. Liam Wright – Easts (co-captain)
7. Fraser McReight – Brothers
8. Harry Wilson – Brothers
9. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
10. James O’Connor – Brothers (co-captain)
11. Jock Campbell – University of Queensland
12. Hamish Stewart – Brothers
13. Hunter Paisami – Wests
14. Suliasi Vunivalu – Wests
15. Bryce Hegarty – GPS

16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. Harry Hoopert – Brothers
18. Feao Fotuaika – Sunnybank
19. Seru Uru – Easts
20. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
21. Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland
22. Isaac Henry – Wests
23. Filipo Daugunu – Wests

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Was chatting to a few mates this morning about how the Reds handled the aftermath of their GF win over the Brumbies. Maybe too long a leash on the celebrations ?

Get the feeling the lacklustre effort against the Highlanders has not only affected their chances of finishing top two , but also potentially cost them in gate takings.

With 20000 at Suncorp , likely find half will be Crusaders aligned.

A better showing last week could have lead to another cracking crowd this Saturday. God knows the money would come in handy.

Hopefully the numbers get a late kick.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
CruSadists: Will Jordan, Sevu Reece, Braydon Ennor, David Havili, Leicester Fainga'anuku, Richie Mo’unga, Mitchell Drummond, Cullen Grace, Ethan Blackadder, Whetukamokamo Douglas, Samuel Whitelock, Mitchell Dunshea, Oliver Jager, Codie Taylor (c), George Bower. Reserves: Brodie McAlister, Tamaiti Williams, Michael Ala'alatoa, Quinten Strange, Sione Havili Talitui, Bryn Hall, Dallas McLeod, Manasa Mataele.

George Bridge has had his appendix out & is gone for the season; Tom Sanders broke his nose last week & failed an HIA so out for two weeks minimum; and ScoBar is still unwell but may join the team in W'gong next week.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...ing-george-bridge-for-the-remainder-of-season

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Personally i don't rate Sorovi as a halfback, i think both are miles behind Tate but i don't agree that Sorovi is a natural selection ahead of Thomas.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Personally i don't rate Sorovi as a halfback, i think both are miles behind Tate but i don't agree that Sorovi is a natural selection ahead of Thomas.

I wouldn't rate them as miles behind Tate, who I think has seemed to drift into a take a few steps and pass stage. Good runner etc, and best at Reds, just not by all that much. Must be 3rd rated 9 in Aus at moment .

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Why? Your reasons please.

because i think he is inconsistent, error prone and has a history of making mistakes at crucial times in the game. Go back a few seasons and he was the preferred starter ahead of Tate, but Sorovi hasn't really improved his game in the past 3 seasons.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Thomas was pretty fucking bad last game.

Which is fair enough. He's 19 and was thrown in against Kiwi opposition away from home without his first choice forward pack in front of him.

But still, proper terrible.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Thomas was pretty fucking bad last game.

Which is fair enough. He's 19 and was thrown in against Kiwi opposition away from home without his first choice forward pack in front of him.

But still, proper terrible.

don't disagree he had a bad game

P

Pokinacha

Considering how often Havili is offside, how was he onside just now?

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
Reds clearly came out with the goal of playing quickly and getting points on the board early.

Its backfired to say the least.