• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

U16/U19 Competition 2023

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
With the Sydney Uni Coach bias, could be more opportunities for Brumbies/Force/Rebels to scoop up the untapped NSW talent from the current squad. Cummins was allowed to play Shute Shield last season even though signed with Force?

Looking forward to the Cummins/Biet battle.
Cummins played 2nd grade for manly from memory

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
With the Sydney Uni Coach bias, could be more opportunities for Brumbies/Force/Rebels to scoop up the untapped NSW talent from the current squad. Cummins was allowed to play Shute Shield last season even though signed with Force?

Looking forward to the Cummins/Biet battle.
Like the look of Biet. A big frame and has good footwork. Generally gets through the defensive line and has the ability to offload to support.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Under 15’s Reds v Waratahs play their 2nd and final game tomorrow after the Reds v Rebels u16’s and u19’s games.

Kickoff at 2pm (local time).
Live via Rugby XPLORER (not STAN)

The 1st round score was 40-7 to the Waratahs.

1697791813409.png

1697791960083.png

Last edited:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reds 19s have run away with it v the Rebels but I think Melbourne looked pretty good and probably better in the first 30 mins or so. It was really to quick tries before the break that ended up changing the momentum. Rebels not in it for the 2nd half.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Reds 19s have run away with it v the Rebels but I think Melbourne looked pretty good and probably better in the first 30 mins or so. It was really to quick tries before the break that ended up changing the momentum. Rebels not in it for the 2nd half.
With 25 to go it was 19-3 and I thought if the Rebels can score next, they’ll give the Reds a run to the end. Unfortunately not.
U19’s Final score 45-8

Last edited:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Who is the Force 19s coach? They are a smart team. Really enjoy watching them. This will be a tough game v the Brumbies but they'll give their all.

Prior is involved I know, but who is HC?

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Who is the Force 19s coach? They are a smart team. Really enjoy watching them. This will be a tough game v the Brumbies but they'll give their all.

Prior is involved I know, but who is HC?
The Force U19s will be led by Fortescue Academy Head Coach Dylan Parsons, alongside Assistant Coaches Jeremy Thrush, Colin Phillips and Ian Prior.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Brumbies clearly a class above. Probably the best team I’ve seen this comp. Should do the Reds easy which I assume sets up a Tahs v Brumby final.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Can't say I took much notice of the individual Force players and had the sound turned off so, while he might have had a stormer, I wasn't aware. But interms of overall impact and effectiveness, the Brumbies backline attack had it over the Force.