• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

U20s WC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe James

Stan Wickham (3)
Where has he been this year??? Its 8 months since 2017 season

He is a solid player and like his Sydney Uni partner Suttor has played little this year due to injury. Both are good players but can hardly be match hardened for a World championships. Its further evidence of the incompetent selection process that has occurred. We've got a team dominated by third string reds, players picked out of position, players not in form returning from long stints injured, players left out that are in form and playing Super rugby and Grade in shute shield and as a result we get beaten by a team that has never challenged us before. Who would have seen that coming????

Rebel with a cause

Bob McCowan (2)
He is a solid player and like his Sydney Uni partner Suttor has played little this year due to injury. Both are good players but can hardly be match hardened for a World championships. Its further evidence of the incompetent selection process that has occurred. We've got a team dominated by third string reds, players picked out of position, players not in form returning from long stints injured, players left out that are in form and playing Super rugby and Grade in shute shield and as a result we get beaten by a team that has never challenged us before. Who would have seen that coming????

From my knowledge both have not played at all this year . They both played half a game in Oceania and their form was ordinary at best. Its impossible to play at that level if you haven't been playing games. They didn't pick themselves though - it was the coach and selectors- and maybe a shove from Sydney Uni???

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I watched the replay and unfortunately they had a shocker especially in the 2nd half.

What got me was the lack of urgency. They were behind and needed to score. Wasted too much time deciding what to do with penalties. Should have opted for at least 1 scrum penalty when on attack. The scrum was good and should have been used.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
players left out that are in form and playing Super rugby and Grade in shute shield

I am not sure you know how it works.

Contracted Super players have to be released by their franchise.

If we had Stewart and Valentini the team would be stronger. But they are not released.

If by playing Shute you mean playing in a team that is getting done by 100 each week then I don't think that will endear selectors.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think the problem stems from 2017 when Cron, the 2017 Aus 20s coach and rebels assistant coach, catapulted Goddard (who was at the Rebels and sat on several Super Rugby benches) above Nucifora and Strang for the Aus 20s halfback spot in the world champs.
Both Strang and Nucifora had been selected for 2017 Oceania champs by Thompson but Strang unbelievably was dropped for the World champs.
Goddard may be feeling the repercussions this year of Thompson being over-ruled by the coach Cron in 2017 ????
If this is true and petty disputes are what selections are being based on why the hell are these people involved in selecting Australian teams??????
On what I saw of strang, which was a fair bit, he was a shoe in. He was covering 9 and 10 and was probably the second best 10. Couldn’t believe he missed out.
And as conspiratorial as your theory sounds history is on your side at this level, in particular.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

If we had Stewart and Valentini the team would be stronger. But they are not released.

If by playing Shute you mean playing in a team that is getting done by 100 each week then I don't think that will endear selectors.

You’re right. But, and it’s a massive but, that is the landscape for rugb6 in this country.
I can only go on what I know about NSW.
Every comp these kids played gettin* to this point consisted of no more than 4 or 5 teams who could conceivably win that comp.
Now in some comps they played those teams twice, so let’s call that 8 hard games max every 12 months.
What happens when they leave school is that the 8 hard games are spread over a longer period, so they just play more soft games.
The structure is utterly rooted. It’s based on 1788 and 1901 geography and it’s not fit for purpose.

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
You really think so?

Well that would explain why a Colts 2nds prop made the extended squad over the 1st Colts Props.

The all powerful Uni, the root of all the problems with Aus Rugby.

Not all, but plenty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

I know this is the case but fuck me..there shoukd be a clause to say if yoyr picked for wobs or under 20 wobs you have to be let go.. fuck i want to win this comp more then i want the Brumbies to win..

Lets beat them with we have

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

OldColt

Sydney Middleton (9)
Anyone know if tonight’s game against Japan is being televised? I couldn’t find it in the Foxtel program.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Team to play Japan
FB_IMG_1528004572355.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.