• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Under 19 NRC - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The U19s National Rugby Championship will run from the 6th to the 12th of October in Canberra.

Brisbane City U19s
Name Club
Frontrow
Emosi Tuqiri GPS
Ethan Dobbins Brothers
John Downes GPS
JP Tominiko Sunnybank
Zac Crothers Easts
Brad Kuhn Norths
Tyreece Rotscheid-Felu Sunnybank
Locks
Emmitt Keepa Sunnybank
Harrison Fox Norths
Taine Roiri Sunnybank
Harry Tombs Souths
Backrow
Matt Engelbrecht UQ
Will Roach UQ
Joseph Faulalo Sunnybank
Conrad Skelton Brothers
Mitchell Wood Wests
Halves
Nicholas Hughes Wests
Jake Pappin Brothers
Isaac Crone Sunnybank
Zac Hogan UQ
Centres
Hudson Creighton Brothers
Josh Flook Brothers
Henry Smith Souths
Blessed Tumua Sunnybank
Christian Suemalo UQ
Outside Backs
Samuel Samu Sunnybank
Mitchell Bell UQ
Josh Russell UQ
Toby Koraua Souths
Matt Weir Norths

Brisbane City U19s coaching staff

Head Coach: Pat Byron –Brisbane SHS
Asst Coach: Kelevi Tuicolo – Brothers
Asst Coach: Daryl McNamara – Wests
Manager: Dan Ritchie – Brisbane SHS
Strength & Conditioning: Owen Flynn
Physio: Carlie Cordery – Brothers

Queensland Country U19s
Name Club Regional Background
Frontrow
Sinilau Wolske Souths
Jack Winchester Bond
Phransis Sula-Siaosi Souths Gold Coast
Theo Fourie Souths Rockhampton
Tyrell Kopua Bond Gold Coast
Angus Lovelock Brothers
Alex Davies Wests
Locks
Fred Fewtrell Easts Gold Coast
Reagan Leslie Souths
Jacob Stocker Brothers
Charlie Scott Easts Roma
Backrowers
Thomas van der Schyff UQ Gold Coast
Alex Smit Wests
Reno Gerrard Souths Gold Coast
Nick Cross Brothers
Halves
Spencer Jeans Bond Gold Coast
Matt Minogue Bond Gold Coast
Rhian Stowers Bond Gold Coast
Harry Leerentveld Souths Toowoomba
Hugo Smith Souths
Lucas Niedzwiecki Easts
Centres
Francis Pona Sunnybank
Ronan Kapi Bond Gold Coast
Fletcher Spicer Wests
Outside Backs
Villiami Lea Souths
Zac Palmer Bond Gold Coast
Cooper Whiteside Wests
Shaq McLeod GPS Bundaberg
Johnson Oyelodi Brothers

Queensland Country U19s coaching staff:

Head Coach: Grant Anderson – Bond University
Asst Coach: James McLaren – Sunnybank
Asst Coach: Nick Fogarty – GPS
Manager: Dan Bowdler – Bond University
Strength & Conditioning: Jono Danaher
Physio: Liam Sandstorm – Bond University

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Two good strength teams here, with some hard decisions who will be starting in a few positions. With the announcement of the Reds Development players to follow the competition. There are few players to keep an eye on; Josh Flook, Hudson Creighton, Will Roach, Fred Fewtrell and possibly Tom VDS.

Mudbath

Frank Row (1)
Some promising rugby played over the past week in Canberra.
NSW teams both showed promise with some good individual performances. Will be interesting to see which boys make it to the next level of selection from the teams. NSW Country certainly were in the game for the playoff for third but missed Max Douglas ( rested shoulder ) and Brett Wellington ( two weeks suspension)up front. Wilson Dulieu #22 and Jack Walsh #10 combined well and defended hard, Donny Freeman#7 a man possessed at the breakdown, Lachlan Shelly#15 also a standout, all had strong games throughout the tournament.
Sydney were outplayed early in the final and hit their straps just a little too late in the game to make a come back, Tane Edmond #10 and Ben Robson #7 both had a great tournament.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
I think it was a shame that the two teams from NSW and from QLD were on opposite sides of the draw. Possibly it was to avoid a repeat of the all QLD final last year. From watching the games, QLD Country would have defeated Sydney City easily and Brisbane City would have taken NSW country in their stride.

I don’t feel as though this year’s tournament had the depth of talent that last year’s had. And I do not believe there are too many u19’s playing NRC as there were last year to make up for it going into World’s next year. Possibly some coming up from Aust Schools & u18’s may make up for it.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Dark Shark I think we had a pretty special group last year as evidenced by their efforts in the u20 World Cup. Qld again had by far and away the dominate sides in the U19 comp, really it should have been a Qld v Qld final. It is interesting that the under age competitions (u19 and and u20) put Qld well ahead of NSW rather than what we have seen with the Schoolboy champs where Qld were traditionally up to a year younger and struggled to cope. I think the age group coming through this year is okay especially boosted by the U18 group that just beat the Kiwi's for the first time since 2012. BTW for those who haven't watched that match it was a cracker and really Australia should have won by much more than they did. Maybe the pathways that have been set up seem to be working much better than what most punters thought.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
QLD have bred many talented players over the years, and a few have slipped away because QRU missed the opportunity or didn’t have the money. The pathway has given more confidence to rugby players and families even though there were a few sceptics one year ago. There also seems to be more confidence with QRU being more proactive and spending money at grassroots level. Don’t get me wrong, I would like to see more talent scouting in regional areas, but this requires more resources which requires a shit load more money.

Mudbath

Frank Row (1)
Any ideas what the process is for the boys now? Squad size, announcements. World cup in Italy next year is about all is online.
Any predictions on the 2020 team?

pnut

Alfred Walker (16)
I would start with a list of all contracted players from each state. Gilmore has ambitions of advancing up the coaching chain so can’t see him going against those already annotated by super franchises or Sevens rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.